Match Thread Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTv.tv

i thought Alfie was immense today, his ability to turn a defender is as good as i have ever seen

As a boy who grew up in the 70’s, his turn and touch today reminded me at times of Kenny Dalglish who was the master of it. I am excited by how good Alfie could become

Good win and a clean sheet, but all we'll hear about all week is the number of penalties we got. There won't be any mention of the player who conceded all 4 penalties not getting sent off.
Didn’t know it was the same player conceding the penalties.
Better not tell Timmy that one!

Thought we really struggled to create until we went 2-0 then we looked good the last half hour or so.

Feel like that formation nullifies Morelos, and hope we go back to the same we did vs Livi for the match at pittodrie and stick with it for Killie cup game. Davis had quite a poor game. People will blame match sharpness, might be right, but when does he next play. A fortnight from now at home to St. J? Do we have time to get him up to speed?

Exactly, that today is what I expect. Classy, quick, strong and a cracking delivery. Really pleased for him, Niko and Worrall today. They all looked really comfortable.

Agree with all that. Loved the way Worrall defended. Stepped up and into tackles at the right time and dispatched the ball to the stand when it was needed. Thought Borna had the stature of Papac physically and the athleticism of Robertson, in fact he reminded me of Marcos at Chelsea today. If we can keep this squad fit we might just be in business this season.

Good win and a clean sheet, but all we'll hear about all week is the number of penalties we got. There won't be any mention of the player who conceded all 4 penalties not getting sent off.
We should be asking why he wasn't sent off

St Mirren fans should be asking why he wasn't subbed. Poor management

3/4 were penalties. The second one wasn't.

Thoughts on Morelos taking the huff with Tav & Defoe?

I see according to the BBC we only had 53% of the possession...not on my tellly we didn’t...and 4 shots on goal. The St Mirren manager must be furious at all these last moment saves his keeper made of shots that weren’t even on target! The BBC plain stupid or just dishonest you decide?

3/4 were penalties. The second one wasn't.

Thoughts on Morelos taking the huff with Tav & Defoe?
He didnt take the huff. He just wanted a shot at the penalty, hes a striker and he wants to score. Same when Defoe was waving his hands at Tav for the 2nd penalty. He was fine after it and applauded Defoe as he was running back to centre.

Nice run out today.
Katic was a leader today.
Defoe nearly there Davis needs a bit more time.
Alfie was Alfie.
Shagger should have taken a book.
Kent needs to finish with style more often like today that was cute as fuk.
Tavi was a real captain today. handing the ball to Defoe was quality but Alfie wasn't happy.
BB is braw with Kent.
Big Joe never lost nothing.
Arfield Jack McCorie strolled it.

I know he let in 4 but I really really liked their keeper diving about like Shagger, certainly kept it to 4.
Woolybacks beware were coming****

We should be asking why he wasn't sent off

St Mirren fans should be asking why he wasn't subbed. Poor management

It might have done St Mirren a favour if he had been sent off at the second, as he wouldn’t have been able to concede the other 2.

Alfredo Morelos does not even come remotely close to Michael Mols. That’s no dig at Morelos, Mols was just on a completely different planet.

I often think that if it wasn’t for that injury and subsequently coming back a shadow of his former self, it is possible Mols could have been our greatest ever player.

He was unbelievable the first few months of that season before disaster struck.

Last edited:
Strange game despite the 4 penalties.Missed the 1st due to smash up on M77.Wee alfie taking the huff was just a bit childish.

Good to see the two centre halves first to every ball. Wasn't Morelos day in front of goal but never stopped. Some of Defoe's first touches were delicious.
Overall once we upped the tempo 10 wouldn't have flattered us.

my RTV again today was poor, im getting to the point of giving it a miss as a pixelated screen can be very frustrating, none of my other streaming services hae this issue

Let’s not forget McGinn who done Coulibally last

I often think that if it wasn’t for that injury and subsequently coming back a shadow of his former self, it is possible Mols could have been our greatest ever player.

He was unbelievable the first few months of that season before disaster struck.

Mols pre injury was a significantly better Rangers player than Alfie. Mols was ripping up teams like Bayern and PSV in the CL. Alfie has been brilliant for us, but he isn't at that level yet.

First half was poor. The lack of pressing, shutting down, the players look like they're still getting to grips with the diamond. St Mirren are awful they should have been camped in their own half and whilst they never threatened we never had control of the game like we should.

Second half was better. I thought we looked much better after Ryan Jack came on for McCrorie, we started to get a firm grip of the midfield and dominate the ball.

Ryan Kent was excellent.

I have to mention Morelos and his man huff though. That was poor. Not celebrating after the 2nd goal because he was in the huff. Gerrard called him over for a word after he had another tantrum at Defoe getting the pen at goal 3. Not needed. It's about the team not Morelos as an individual. Less of the petted lip.

Good result in the end, better performance second half. Will need to be at it from the off on Wednesday though.

P.S - Given all the current furore (and it will rage on for a few days) over us getting 4 penalties today - you can guarantee we will get absolutely feck all on Wednesday night.

Back