MOTM Poll Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can we discuss the disgraceful performance of McLean
Its often said "reffed differently" - today was a perfect example

Main and Gogic given license to maim with no card
mclean couldn't wait to book Lundstram when the player dived and Cantwell for v little

And the most ridiculous was the Borna foul throw
Borna had gone 10 yards up but threw back so common sense says no advantage

Moments later their player steals 10, is told to get back, doesnt move and steals another 10 - not a peep from McLean

They're all part time and totally pish, we are where we are with the refs, it's the environment we play in, everyone scared to make a mistake

Can't believe only 4 people have given Fashion mom. Yes most will have gone for Cantwell, and fair enough, but I thought Fashion was brilliant for the 60 mins he was on. His end product could be better but he beats players and sets up chances. Started to get a bit gallus after his goal though, shooting from everywhere when he had options.
He is either Messi, or Messy. There is zero inbetween.

Can we discuss the disgraceful performance of McLean
Its often said "reffed differently" - today was a perfect example

Main and Gogic given license to maim with no card
mclean couldn't wait to book Lundstram when the player dived and Cantwell for v little

And the most ridiculous was the Borna foul throw
Borna had gone 10 yards up but threw back so common sense says no advantage

Moments later their player steals 10, is told to get back, doesnt move and steals another 10 - not a peep from McLean

Lundstrams yellow was a joke, the guy is over his leg with no contact. As for Main, wtf? No wonder fans get pissed off, he foulled JS twice with no attempt to play the ball, then had multiple fouls and never even got spoken too.

As for the Borna one, he was just being a dick, probably by the letter of the law he should have went back, but he never got any advantage out of throwing it there. They were stealing about 12 yds every throw.

Then when he stopped the play to allowe Gogic to tuck his laces in, then spoke to him (with no card) there is now law that says play stops to tie your shoes up!

He never came for cross balls in his prime.
in his early years we always seemed to have dominating Centre Backs and they could compensate for that weakness.
Now with maybe not so good defenders it a real weakness in defence.’

Thought St Mirren showed up well(relatively speaking) but it would have been a robbery if we hadn't won the game. First half wasn't the greatest but we still could have killed the game prior to HT. Two goals we conceded were criminal - second one is probably a penalty if O'Hara doesn't score.

Every game against any of the other 10 at Ibrox follows the same basic referring principle - opposition players can make an unlimited volume of fouls without caution yet the first time one of players dive in and don't win the ball, they will be booked.

Not to go all Craig Brown on things but up until the last few moments, Rangers were drawing on Corners at home with St Mirren. Not good.

Summed up the afternoon really - game in the bag then taken out of the bag and placed back on the table more than once via inexplicable stupidity.

Scored 5 goals and felt like we scrapped it.

Seen a rerun of the end of the match last night and we had possession of the ball for 3 or 4 minutes before we scored the 5th, obviously a great pass and finish, but the amount of passes we had in the lead up to the goal must be incredible , wish I'd counted them.

Seen a rerun of the end of the match last night and we had possession of the ball for 3 or 4 minutes before we scored the 5th, obviously a great pass and finish, but the amount of passes we had in the lead up to the goal must be incredible , wish I'd counted them.
Said 60 passes on the radio last night!:oops:

To be fair, I wasn't at the game so thought I'd misheard and he had said 16, but sounds like 60 would be more accurate if it was 3 or 4 minutes.

That was overall a decent performance but at 2-2, I did not see where a winner was coming from and had pretty much written off the 3 points.

Absolutely blitzed then last 10 to prove me wrong. Cantwell was brilliant (despite his celebration )

Back