Match Thread Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Sunday 12th - RangersTV.tv only

That referee was a fuckin disgrace. Head is pounding shouting at the prick. It may have been a could with mcrorie but it wasn’t a red. Their number 4 kicked lumps out of us and only got booked in the last minute with an assault on Coulibaly.

We have to call this out for what it is.

Oh you mean their captain ………McGinn!

Can’t think why!

Reactions: R-M
As others have done previously i noted challenges 2nd half (probably should have 1st aswell)

For offences we see cards for they didnt. Prime example, #4. Blatant body check, 46 minutes. Should be but no card. Booked for yellow card offence 88 minutes. Should have been off.

This is every single match. While we now have a squad to make the opposition think, the refs dont because they dont do their jobs. Carding correctly and fairly would see the correct amount of pressure being faced for the fouls conceded by opposition players. Instead its a free run til much later in the game.

Very well played today, second half wasnt up to much entertainment wise but was yet again functional and professional. They barely had a sniff as we managed the game through.

Plus goldson anytime and Rangers win bagged me a score!

maybe Dominic ball last week should have been sent off...

What does that have to do with anything?

Dom Ball should've been sent off, but so should McCrorie. Stupid challenge to make.

Also, there was more force in McGinn's kick on Coulibaly than Morelos' on McKenna last week. Cowardly.

I wouldn't be too harsh on McCrorie, put in a situation where he had to make the challenge. Poor pass by barisic compounded by a poor touch by Murphy.

A red was the right call but I wouldn't blame McCrorie for trying to prevent a goal.

I wouldn't be too harsh on McCrorie, put in a situation where he had to make the challenge. Poor pass by barisic compounded by a poor touch by Murphy.

A red was the right call but I wouldn't blame McCrorie for trying to prevent a goal.

He has to take some blame, but he's a young lad who made a mistake that he'll learn from – taking responsibility for it will only make him better.

Re: Sadiq, he looks lost at times.

His mind is thinking of something but he's too busy trying to sort his feet out and get his balance to pull it off.
He's very raw. We definitely need another striker maybe two.

He's got the pace and height to be effective just needs coached.

Couple of goals,
comfortable performance,
not as good as we have been,
still need cb cover, and another forward player me thinks.
Delighted with 3 points.

Don't think Gerrard will be entirely happy with the performance, which is good.

On to the next game.

Barisic looked excellent on his debut, and putting that free kick right on Goldson's napper for the goal was a joy to see.

Speaking if thing stgat are a joy, Lassana Coulibaly is fast becoming my joint favourite player (Ryan Jack still holds the top slot). He is the embodiment of everything we have missed in midfield since probably Kevin Thomson. Pace, power, passing, tackling... Just outstanding.

Special mention for el Buffalo too. Another hard shift and got his reward with the goal.

He was offered a pittance for a contract by the impostor from Portugal or he would most probably still be here. He probably has more natural talent than the players you were defending on this thread but I get it, you don't like him. I just think your post about understanding being given to young players should be across the board and not just for the players you like.

No, he was offered a contract by MW too and he turned it down, it wasn’t a pittance either. After leaving he went to NF where he spoke shite about Rangers as though he’d just escaped from a concentration camp, he then spent the season picking skelves out his arse, he’s now been papped to Swansea. You may have a hard-on for McKay but you got it spectacularly wrong with him. I could understand you bringing him up if he’d left and actually done something worth talking about, but he hasn’t.

A lazy little chancer who doesn’t have the drive nor the hunger to maximise his abilities which admittedly are more substantial than most. The comparison in general though was pointless and made no sense because it’s apples and oranges.

Last edited:
well done lads, did what we needed to do ,still a few things we need to work on but all that will work out fine soon enough,, I have said before I think it may take until mid/late October before we really see the best of our team, ,by that time everything will have clicked into place ,our players will know each others game by then and partnerships will be well on the way to being formed ,,all in all its great being a bear

Needless tackle and definitely worthy of a red. McGregor had that covered.

Anyway, we can afford to drop a player, after all Coulibaly counts as 2 :p

A comfortable 3 Points with 10 men and a point ahead of the scum , delighted with the performance

Rangers showing immense mental strength in adversity for the 2nd week in a row
Night and day compared with the dross served up in previous seasons

Roll on Thursday and Sunday :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm not disagreeing with you about the punch.

There is no chance Timmy Compliant will look at this.

Then our management should make sure the yahoo in charge has no option BUT to look at the incident.

This farce tells us that they act upon what is shown to them.

So let's go public at every opportunity.

Never a red, absolutely ridiculous decision !

Cheated again by these fuckin refs. Two games two reds.

Anyone still complaining about us saving our best squad for Europe on Thursday? Bossed it with 10 men.

Not great, but a comfortable victory, playing with ten men.

New team knitting together nicely, it's looking good.

BBC Shortbread reveling in a 'call' from Ibrox with big spudface Stubbs... :D

Honestly, you'd think they'd have a word with this den of fvckwits...the real BBC that is.

The biggest thing to happen in Scotland in years and the troglodytes at Pacific Quay CSC are all over St.Who v Mini Ireland...The former best midfielder in England and Europe, who's team look great to watch don't exist...

Where, in the real world does this get the green light. Where in business does this not get shutdown inside a week ??!

I think, on balance, the card colour could have went either way. The referee decided it was red but, for me, the St Mirren player had already directed the ball away from goal before being fouled and that would make it a yellow. Although, in saying all that, my gripe is not so much with today's decision in itself, more when you contrast the willingness of the referee today to immediately flash red to the penalty and "last man" incident last week where at least a yellow, and possibly even a red, should have been shown to the sheep defender yet re received neither. Once again, it would appear, one rule for Rangers, one rule for everybody else.

To see us going down to ten men and being as comfortable is for me outstanding considering where we were at the end of last season. Couldn’t be happier

Comfortable performance rather than electrifying. Good three points and the defence was excellent.

Again though, the refereeing... Boy wipes Kent out twice to earn a booking, Barasic gets booked for his first offence. Cyclical fouls from St Mirren to break up play went without a word, let alone a yellow. Was actually shocked to see him finally book McGinn at the very end, thought he’d decided he wouldn’t, no matter what.

No doubt Katic made the most of the wee punch to waste time, but the ref first claimed he didn’t see it. Then obviously decided he did, because McGregor took a free kick... so if he did see it, why no red card? Alfie got one last week for less...

Shouldn’t be allowed anywhere and probably wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t us. Convenient rule left out the hefty rules book
It was a sending off but he was really piss poor after it.

Rank rotten in fact , you could just imagine the uproar from the orcs about his connection to St Boo if that had happened to them today .

Don't think they would take things so graciously and another referee strike would probably be on the cards.

I'll forgive young lads for mistakes/errors, it's part of learning the game. However, I won't excuse stupidity and that's exactly what that was from McCrorie today. He didn't have to make the challenge, the guy was going away from goal, no certainty he was going to score, McCrorie didn't need to dive in like that. Even if the guy was going to score, sometimes it's better to concede with a 2 goal lead and keep 11 men on the park as we were dominating and would have scored more, instead his tackle could have lead to a goal and left us a man down, he's got to be smarter. Hopefully he learns from it, but roll on Ryan Jack being fit!

See all this ‘it was a definite red pish’, it wasn’t, Goldson was close enough in behind to put major doubt in any objective officials mind, the st boo player was going wide of the goal and the referee couldn’t wait to get his card out. (He took no time to consider his decision the Celtic supporting ex st boo player, I doubt Sean Carr was going to disagree with him)

I thought Sadiq’s looked a much more stonewall decision, but the rules reverted back to ‘nothing to see here’ when it was our opponents transgressing, much the same as last week and much of last season.

The studs up stamp on Goldson, the punch on Katic and the snarling, hacking performance of st boo, characterised by their captain who seemed to have ‘carte blanche’ to transgress for the majority of the game, were totally ignored...Once again we were referreed to a different set of rules with the sending off borderline and questionable, but hey ho like many last week on Morelos’s erroneous sending off, aah what’s the point!

Just back from the match. Great result for the 10 men. Again.
Watching St. Boo would make you eyes bleed. Dirty & talent-less. Parochial & irrelevant. Sadly, we need to play them twice more.

Back