MOTM Poll Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

Man of the Match

• Total voters
The presenter was very good. Actually much better than what you get on regular telly for Scottish football.

Not quite at our sharpest but a good performance knowing that we weren’t at our best and won 3-0 going on 5/6 if it weren’t for Alnwick. Thought Morelos was back to his usual self, I hope we have many more months watching the wee man score for us! Hoping Hagi will find his preseason form soon, as he was getting in the box and was looking dangerous.

I really hope this period behind closed doors is a learning curve for the support. Ibrox would have been growling after 10 mins yesterday and it could have transferred onto the park. Instead the players were calm and kept prodding away until we got the break through and then remained patient waiting on more chances opening up.

The fact that Clive Tyldesley, who has been here for 5 minutes, felt the need to mention this is pretty embarrassing for us as a support. Ibrox should be a place our opponents are terrified of, not our own players.

I really hope this period behind closed doors is a learning curve for the support. Ibrox would have been growling after 10 mins yesterday and it could have transferred onto the park. Instead the players were calm and kept prodding away until we got the break through and then remained patient waiting on more chances opening up.

The fact that Clive Tyldesley, who has been here for 5 minutes, felt the need to mention this is pretty embarrassing for us as a support. Ibrox should be a place our opponents are terrified of, not our own players.
Good post.

Take this on board when we are back.

Possession
Home 74% Away 26%

Shots
Home 28 Away 4

Shots on Target
Home 12 Away 2

Corners
Home 14 Away 1

Fouls
Home 9 Away 8

Complete and utter domination

We definitely need to play less football at times; there was a moment in the second half where Barisic could played the ball inside the box but chose to take an extra touch, go left on the out wide when it could have been better playing the earlier ball. Too often this was happening, particularly in the second half. People have a go Tavernier, but one of his strengths is an early delivery; the whole should do that more when the chance is there.

Back