Match Thread Rangers 1-0 St Mirren - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv - Highlights in Post #1

It’s clearly a piss take & it’s taken as such whether it turns out true or not

4lads is where I post news, that’s fair game

It’s not unfair to ask that a private account stays as such and you don’t take an innocent comment, run on to post on FF & try to pass it on as team news

Have a good day

Its so effin weird man. People literally see anything online and believe it. I don't get it at all.

Hopefully an easy home win and no injuries. If the attitude is right from the start we'll be fine

Yep the early goal would make all the difference. I reckon Kent & Aribo are key to breaking them down.

Going into the last 20 minutes, with crowd moaning like fck, needing a goal and bringing on Ojo doesn’t bare thinking about.

I am covering nothing the reality is Ibrox can be a very difficult place for the team to perform if we don’t get that all important early goal.

As for this years Boxng Day match, which we you point out we won, it was far from being comfortable

Also there will be no Alfredo to come on and bale us out this time if things didn’t work out.
Greg Stewart was influential coming on in 1st sheep game (I accept the game was won and likely that was just an initial "get it up ye sheep performance") - I think he can be influential again tonight, maybe later on.

On another note....when I saw your screen name it reminded me of Early Times at Ibrox (I posted on the other thread). I remember, like a lot of young gers fans i expect, of thinking "What a gallus name Kai Johansen was". I don't think I was aware at around 8 years old that he was the first "foreigner" to play for Rangers.

Greg Stewart was influential coming on in 1st sheep game (I accept the game was won and likely that was just an initial "get it up ye sheep performance") - I think he can be influential again tonight, maybe later on.

On another note....when I saw your screen name it reminded me of Early Times at Ibrox (I posted on the other thread). I remember, like a lot of young gers fans i expect, of thinking "What a gallus name Kai Johansen was". I don't think I was aware at around 8 years old that he was the first "foreigner" to play for Rangers.

Is he not injured?

Our fourth string of five wins in a row, one of which went on to be a 6 win run. The improvements are now obvious to all.
Last season we were turning losses into draws.
This year we are turning those draws into wins.
Fantastic.

Should be winning this easily enough. I fancy Rangers -3 with Katic to score.
We played and fought well in the 10 or so games before the break to get us to this position, it would be criminal if we were to let this chance slip.
Stranrear was a bit worrying, hopefully the rustiness we saw is gone.

The 5-0 game? Greg Stewart started that game

First "foreigner" to play for Rangers ? no way, quite a few before him.

Slightly off topic.....(and a bit Blue Sky thinkn maybe) Given that our game in hand is against County, what's the opinion at FF if SFA said "do you want to double up on the 29th, winner takes 6 points, draw 2 each" :-o :cool:

Always worry when the Buff is unavailable especially against an ultra defensive team.This one could be a lot more difficult than some on here think without him and Tav.A nervous evening and a 1-0 win
Agree with you mate. Would love to batter a few past them but I get the feeling it will be like the Killie game. They aren’t scoring freely but the are defending well just now so any victory for me please.
Looking forward to heading over.

Hopefully, but they will be parking the bus as usual, so it might take a bit of patience.

As Gerrard alluded too in the PC, they will come to Ibrox with a game plan to frustrate us.

Much like the Stranraer game, they'll play narrow to stop us playing through them.

It's a shame Morelos is out as he's such an aerial threat, much more so than Defoe which isn't a strong part of his game.

Still, I think it's a game we'll win comfortably.

Hope we can open the scoring early and settle then into the match. I’m a bit nervous about this one to be honest

Bit nervous to be honest, can't afford any complacency.

Just keep winning Rangers, hopefully they implode and we can get this over and done with. Would much rather a John Barnes/Tony Mowbray end of season than a helicopter Sunday.

As Gerrard alluded too in the PC, they will come to Ibrox with a game plan to frustrate us.

Much like the Stranraer game, they'll play narrow to stop us playing through them.

It's a shame Morelos is out as he's such an aerial threat, much more so than Defoe which isn't a strong part of his game.

Still, I think it's a game we'll win comfortably.
If it's tied at 60 mins, put big George up front!

Kent will be key man tonight, running at their packed defence and hopefully causing havoc. It will be a war of attrition tonight, Rangers to get there eventually 2-0.

I'm hoping for a 7-0 so I can post Yassss! every time we score and get my post count up. However I think we may struggle to break them down so any type of victory will do me.

I am pretty sure that Gerrard said in his press conference that Stewart is still injured?

I don’t know who the first foreigner was to play for Rangers but I think, for example, Johnny Hubbard was a South African
who played in the late 40’s/50’s. My Dad used to tell me about him and that he only ever missed one penalty.

Back