MOTM Poll Rangers v Stirling Albion - 19:45 Friday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good game, got to see what a lot of players could do, got to see a couple of really exciting youth prospects

Only complaint is the injury to Hagi, hope his substitution was just a precautionary measure.

Great to see a young Scottish player have such an impressive debut,we looked so short in midfield at Pittodrie so it's pleasing that Lowry is giving the manager another option for the Livingston game.

I thought we looked a bit disjointed at times but with the team that was out with all the changes I didnt expect much more than that. One or two second stringers is manageable but anymore the system gets ragged.

I thought Bacuna made the game look difficult first half but came onto it second half. Lundstram moved the ball fairly quickly in the first ten minutes but then slowed the game down far too much beyond that.

I thought Itten ran his socks off and held the ball up well but looked like Bambi on ice at times. Barker couldnt make his mind up whether to stick or twist. Sakala is more or less the African Tin Man you never know what he's gonna do and looked dangerous at times and at others 'where are you going?' In saying that his goal was a belter.

But my MOTM goes to young Alex Lowry who got a chance tonight and grabbed it with some lovely interplay, passing and topped it off with a well taken goal passed into the corner of the net from 12 yards. I still think he needs a bit of filling out as he tired towards the end when he was moved out wide and fell away a bit but none the less the kid has great feet and vision.

What do we think the thought was behind moving Goldson to the left ?

Hardly a big deal in this game but there must have been some method in it ?

To be honest today it made no difference as Stirling never cause any problems.

Not sure i I would like in the league just because Goldson's long ball switch of play is excellent from right centre back from the left it would be nothing.

Lowry was excellent but I thought Itten was brilliant. Brings others into play and unlucky not to have more than one goal. Gives us something extra and always gives 100%. Give him more game time and he will be a great striker for us.
Lowry was excellent. Itten Is average and will never be our main striker. That was Stirling Albion tonight who were the worst team seen at Ibrox for years. A good striker would have filled his boots. He’s nowhere near the level of Morelos.

Craigan has verbal diarrhoea, he just never shuts up.
what a slobbering tool he is, he questioned why Ced never asked our captain to take the 2nd pen, after a well taken ball on the chest and shot from Ced ....another chance goes from Ced whose lacking in confidence, mute the volume is an option but why should we when we are paying to listen to this arsehole GHTF

I honestly thought we were garbage, I don't like this system, we are never going to score lots of goals under this system, not enough players getting forward.
I can only assume you have the fishing rod out.
Otherwise you have won the infamous prize of most ridiculous comment of the day on a match thread.

Job done. Barker & Simpson Naw. Bacuna & Itten Mibee.

Highlights of the night Lowry & King well done boys. Roofe and Balogun coming back.

Well done Rangers.

Lowry was excellent. Itten Is average and will never be our main striker. That was Stirling Albion tonight who were the worst team seen at Ibrox for years. A good striker would have filled his boots. He’s nowhere near the level of Morelos.
Ridiculous comment

8th January 2012. We played Arbroath in the cup and won 4-0. Jelavic only scored 1.

Was he rotten as well then aye?

All that really mattered was getting through, but should have been double the goals at least.

Great for the young boys, and for Itten and Sakala.

I thought Itten was being too keen to please to start with tonight, His positioning and ideas were fine, he just needs a wee bit more sharpness. I think he could score a good few goals for us this season.

Sakala was all over the game, but fore it's was Lowry got my vote. Good to see him and King getting some match time.

In all honesty, I think with them playing in B team, but training with main squad has paid off. I think he may even get better than Hagi, especially if he learning from him.
Good to see him getting motm , and seemed happy on interview.

was really pleased for Itten tonight thought he tried hard and to get the goal well gets the pressure off a wee bit might help him relax a bit more and gain some confidence from it.
Thought Simpson did ok as well looked comfortable.
Young King came on and slotted in and looked very comfortable and very composed.
Lowry was my MOTM as he was outstanding.
Sakala can get his haircut now the little guy is so infectious love seeing him score

Just a shame it was just 3 subs tonight as it would have been good to see young McCann as well

Last edited:
Lowry is another young lad who is going to attract attention could be another NP scenario but if he is going to attract attention just shows we are really doing something good with the young ones bringing them through and will only get better with Vos there

going to get all the Victor Meldrews out from the east end I DON'T BELIEVE IT Rangers complain about Refs and we get 2 penalties lol let the paranoia begin

FJpnnofXMAI0x1H

A win is a win but was a real struggle for me tonight, didn’t enjoy the game and hope we never see barker or Simpson in a rangers jersey again.

Ripped my knitting at half time when we had subs out and 3 of the players were stood in a circle talking for most of the break. General lack of urgency all night and this summed it up

I had the pleasure of two Glasgow Uni gimps behind me. Talking about better 'D' and 'defence' but saying deefence like the Yanks do.

Absolute torcher.

Lowry was fantastic but i voted Fashion MOTM - constantly pushing and probing, his positivity and energy was vital tonight.
Same here!
My mate had just asked me who I thought was MOTM and I said I'd have gone for Sakala for his 1st half performance and literally 5 seconds later he drove into the box and scored the goal of the match!

2 assists for Bacuna. The through ball for Sakala was a lovely pass, weighted perfectly, taken quickly.

With out injury/international crisis at the moment, I think he deserves a run in the team. He has the potential to unlock a defence from deep, something we're missing.

One of these games where you're on a hiding to nothing. Win easily, oppo is hopeless. Play poorly, we are hopeless
McGregor
Sands Bassey Helander Barasic Davis Arfield Kamara Aribo Kent Morelos Jack
Not bad select in stand

Lowry an unexpected bonus but great to see Itten and Fashion Jr both scoring. Two good goals for different reasons and will do their confidence fine just as theyre needed to step up.

Game promised little before KO given the opposition but turned out to be a useful training exercise and gives GVB the options he was looking for going into Livi and RC.

Good result. Lowry played well for a debut. Showed some deft touches. Displayed maturity with his goal. Sakala did reasonably, but opposition, poor. Itten should have had a hat-trick. Missed 2 golden opportunities. Bacuna drifted in and out of the game. Expected more. Showed what he is capable of with a measured pass for Fashion’s goal, so why didn’t he impose himself more? Lundstram strolled it, but again, I would have liked him to be even more imposing. Overall, decent result for 2nd string. Let’s have another easy draw in 5th round.

Hate the lower rounds against dross, it’s boring but basically a bye into the next round.

Felt we moved the ball too slow and ponderous at times. We are still wasteful in possession and there are some players who just aren’t good enough - even against Stirling Albion.

Positives; Lowry, Sakala and Itten getting off the mark again.

2 assists for Bacuna. The through ball for Sakala was a lovely pass, weighted perfectly, taken quickly.

With out injury/international crisis at the moment, I think he deserves a run in the team. He has the potential to unlock a defence from deep, something we're missing.
He was genuinely so so poor, assists aside (stupid I know) his all round game was woeful, I was begging for him to be hooked at HT.

Not one “squad” player that is on the fringes did themselves any favours last night IMO.

He was genuinely so so poor, assists aside (stupid I know) his all round game was woeful, I was begging for him to be hooked at HT.

Not one “squad” player that is on the fringes did themselves any favours last night IMO.

Agreed to a certain extent, although I don't think he was that bad.

You never know what the lad can do if he gets the game time he needs, he hasn't been playing much at all so he is always gonna look rusty.

With our best eleven available I wouldn't have him in the team but with the problems we have just now I think he's one of the few players we have in the middle that can unlock a defence.

Back