MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just get F*&%$(* into them! Play with pace and go for the jugular. If we can score in first 20mins, the place will be rocking and that will roar us on.

Not overly optimistic on this one. Firmly believe we have the squad and will come good, however the performance last week and more importantly that second goal, would suggest that tonight might be too early.

My team would be the below.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barisic

Lundstram
Davis

Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Colak

Starting to get nervous now, half 3 can’t come quick enough in work then it’s home/ mates house/bus/louden/4-0 rangers

Im absolutely loving the positivity in this thread but i hold my hands up and saybi dont feel the same, i still have ptsd from malmo last year in a similar situation

Im absolutely loving the positivity in this thread but i hold my hands up and saybi dont feel the same, i still have ptsd from malmo last year in a similar situation
Same here! I’ll be fine come kick off but this is a huge ask tonight, we haven’t started well at all this season, it will get better as the season goes when the new players settle in and we get our big players back 100% fit, but none of that will help tonight.

At our best we sweep this lot aside comfortably.

Same here! I’ll be fine come kick off but this is a huge ask tonight, we haven’t started well at all this season, it will get better as the season goes when the new players settle in and we get our big players back 100% fit, but none of that will help tonight.

At our best we sweep this lot aside comfortably.
Correct mate this team going forward i think will do the business domestically just dont see it happening tonight. I think it will be like a home league match, up against 10 men behind the ball

Thought it worked really well against Leipzig turning the PA off, Ibrox was rocking. Although that was a euro semi final, hoping we have the same impact on the team tonight and roar us on to the next round.

Thought that worked really well against Leipzig, Ibrox was rocking. Although that was a euro semi final, hoping we have the same impact on the team tonight and roar us on to the next round.
The game is worth €5m. Quite literally enough to buy another first team player

Every single one of us need to absolutely hound the USG players every time they touch the ball. They said they can cope with the atmosphere, let’s see if we can create a European atmosphere then

If it’s anything like Killie at the weekend the USG players will piss themselves laughing. We know better teams than USG have been like rabbits in the headlights, let’s make tonight memorable

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Sands Borna

Davis Lundstram

Lawrence Tillman Kent (if fit)

Colak (with the Buff in reserve if needed)

Davis and lundstram controlling the midfield is a must. Kent if fit Lawrence and tillman. I think he will go with colak for fitness but I'd rather buff go at that lot hopefully with them being caught in the headlights

Would like to see us properly go for it tonight, and I mean properly for for it. By that I mean one sitting midfielder

Keeper

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Arfield
Lawrence
Tillman
Kent

Buff

Get back into the game as soon as possible and then bring on another sitting midfielder.

Would like to see us properly go for it tonight, and I mean properly for for it. By that I mean one sitting midfielder

Keeper

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Arfield
Lawrence
Tillman
Kent

Buff

Get back into the game as soon as possible and then bring on another sitting midfielder.
Brilliant point , I think we could use that against every team in the league apart a certain few. I'd love that.

McLaughlin

Tav - Goldson - Sands - Barisic or Yilmaz

Lundstram - Davis

Wright - Tillman - Kent or Lawrence

Colak

I think that will be very close to the team tonight.

Missing tonight due to covid sadly. Hopefully have an email tomorrow or Thursday informing us of payment for the next round.

Need an early goal. I recon it will be 2-0 us then Alfie will fire us through in extra time.
I don’t think we will get one first Half , they set up like a very high level SPL team . And have no reason to risk anything even after a goal for us . As we know unlike the past an away goal doesn’t have the same incentive as before . You could say this is GVB 3rd attempt at Champs league qualification. But we are miles off it as a team so far .

If most of the team turn up we should beat them but the nagging thing for me is the stat that such a deficit has never been turned around before, that's the size of the challenge tonight. But I still think we can do it.

Fly out the traps with Kent and Alfie and get an early goal and stun this shite into submission.

Alfie to score
Tav to score twice - one’s a penalty
3-0 in the 90
Couple of cards for both teams as the ref loves a booking.

I don’t think we will get one first Half , they set up like a very high level SPL team . And have no reason to risk anything even after a goal for us . As we know unlike the past an away goal doesn’t have the same incentive as before . You could say this is GVB 3rd attempt at Champs league qualification. But we are miles off it as a team so far .
Fans need to get behind the team, I get that might be hard given the situation we've put ourselves in but if we come out from the tunnel to an electric atmosphere from the get go their players will definitely shite it & we can force them into mistakes

Keeper

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Arfield
Lawrence
Tillman
Kent

Buff

Keeper

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Borna

Lundstram

Arfield
Lawrence

Tillman
Kent

Colak

We go out there with a high tempo and get an early goal then anything can happen. They are not as good a team as they think they are or we were all led believe. Imo they are decidedly average. The only issue is that they will play the low block and it will be like a Scottish prem game.
I think if we get a second and with the crowd behind us they will collapse. Could honestly see this being 4-0 to us on the night.

Appeal from a technophobe here. I am in Tenerife not sure if the hotel Wi-Fi will allow access to Rangers TV. I am on a limited data plan with Vodafone and not sure how much data I would need to stream this

Back