MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our issue tonight is we don’t seem to score slot of goals at this stage of the season and we are also suspect to lose concentration which you get punished for as we have seen domestically and in Europe.

I have often wondered what the players routine is for European nights?

Do they still go in early and have a light session etc? Must feel like a lifetime being a player waiting for late kick offs and need to conserve energy etc

USG seemed organised last week only because we were totally unorganised. We threw nothing at them, I bet even they were baffled by our tactics. Hopefully a different story last season's European team turn up

Was utterly dejected after last weeks debacle, however honestly can't see us being anywhere near as poor again - if anything the team will be out to show they are far superior. Take us for a 2-0 at halftime with a further 2 in the second half with no return from them.

Malmo is the proof that an early goal and cracking first half atmosphere isn't enough sometimes to guarantee success, even against 10 men!

So important that the team don't just start well but maintain high intensity for the duration, something we have only managed in a few games since Gio has come in.

Big ask tonight but we're more than capable of winning by 3

USG seemed organised last week only because we were totally unorganised. We threw nothing at them, I bet even they were baffled by our tactics. Hopefully a different story last season's European team turn up
Spot on.

They were decent last week but we hardly threatened them. KV Mechelen this weekend did and beat them 3-0.

At home with the 12th man behind us we are going to smash this mob tonight Come On The Rangers

Mclaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Sands, Barisic, Lundstram, Davis/Arfield, Lawrence, Tillman, Colak, Kent.

Similar to what most others have said hoping Gio goes something like this.

I'm normally always confident and positive on here but I can't see us overturning this tonight. I think it'll be 0-0 at half time and Alfie will score in the second half around 75 mins and we'll run out of time.

They'll have 10 men behind the ball, soak up the pressure and defend for their lives.

Really hope I'm wrong.
I’m the same, I’ve seen this movie before. We will play brilliantly I bet, come very close but not quite enough. As you say probably run out of time and we will all say that the damage was done in the 1st leg. But I really really hope I’m wrong and we blow them away. Tav to get a goal within the first 15 mins and we are doing this.

Getting a repeated "sadly we don't recognise those login details" message when I try to log in online, sound.

Send these lace-making, chocolate-nibbling, beer-guzzling pseudo-frenchie-cloggies back home with their tails between their legs.

Any rumours on the line-up? I wonder if we just throw Alfie + Kent in to try and get something from the start.

Can't shake a 2-1 feeling and a night of frustration, those desperate last 5 minutes where we don't get a break of the ball yet someone gets a half-chance and balloons it over.

Hopefully it turns out as comfortable as a few are predicting.

Did buying the killie game cover this one also? Logged in to buy the game and it offered Watch Live. Its the holding screen just now but looks like its waiting to start without me buying it...

We must be better than in the first leg,if only because we couldn't be any worse.
I think it's important to recognise the fact that USG actually came 1st in the Belgian League and I beleive they were only placed 2nd due the weird play off routine in place there.
Whereas I believe we are better than them for this game, I think we need to be realistic in our expectations and not expect this to be anything else except a really tough game.
We need winners all over the park tonight and no failures.
IMO if we win this game tonight it will be one of the best results in our European history.

2-0 in 90 mins and either a winning goal in ET or a penalties victory.

Back