Match Thread Rangers v Villarreal - 20:00 Thursday - Bt Sports

Well said mate, some of the negative comments in this thread tonight are just ridiculous - the match threads are getting worse on an almost weekly basis!
I agree some of the comments are just madness, i suspect its due to expectations rising, or it could just be there are some sad bastards on here

The referee was an absolute disgrace , spoiled the game as a spectacle and didn't give us one decision , decided that football is a non contact sport , where is he from ? I hope we make another formal complaint about him and the Candeias sending off.

Another shite ref nearly costing us big but our performance in the second half was excellent. Only thing better than McGregor's performance tonight was the crowd. Absolutely fucking superb.

We're still on the road to Baku, via Vienna and whatever parts in between that may come our way. As our manager has said, "LET'S GO!"

Just back home, and tonight is one of those rare occasions when a draw feels like a win.

Can’t praise the players enough for their effort against a good side, and in the face of another shocking decision by a referee.

McGregor was absolutely fantastic, and special mention for Flanagan, Worrall and Arfield tonight who have taken a bit of stick, but for me were solid tonight. Young Middleton also put in a real shift.

I couldn’t pick a poor performance though to be honest, and would have bitten your hand off to have it in our own hands going into the last game at the start of the group.

Who knows, perhaps a team was born tonight!

I watched it while in work on my phone. Some funny looks from customers.

Personally I thought we put in a great shift and battled well. Defended a lot better in the second half than the first. McGregor made some fantastic saves, different class.

Going to be an uphill battle to qualify from here but still believe we will do it. WATP!!

Just back home from the game, a lot of players deserve a pat on the back McGregor was excellent, Kent ran himself into the ground, same as middleton shame his goal didn't stand what a shift, Morelos did what he does best and Flanagan stuck to the simple stuff and had a good game, the crowd was fantastic yet again. One more game and we're on our way..... Were on our way....

Just back home from the game, a lot of players deserve a pat on the back McGregor was excellent, Kent ran himself into the ground, same as middleton shame his goal didn't stand what a shift, Morelos did what he does best and Flanagan stuck to the simple stuff and had a good game, the crowd was fantastic yet again. One more game and we're on our way..... Were on our way....

Kent?? You been on the sauce haha

Just in also. Thought we done well for being down to 10..shagger top drawer as usual. Proud of my team tonight and still got that final chance in the last game.

I thought Middleton was nervous but showed some good stuff.

How good is it we have went toe to toe with Villarreal :D

We are on the right track!

Good result and pleased with the performance considering we played half the game with ten men.
Ref was pish.

So proud of the lads tonight. Completely lost my voice shouting at the mental ref bastard, so gonna have to find some highlights to watch back some of those incidents. I think we can do this, these boys have fight and guts and the confidence is coming. We've only been a team for months, it's pretty amazing. I hope we make it into the Hearts game with no injuries and no fatigue though.

The Villarreal team seemed impressed by Ibrox too. :D

El defensa del Villarreal Álvaro González ha reconocido que el Ibrox Stadium es un escenario único, donde todo futbolista sueña con jugar: “Es un privilegio y queremos ganar aquí para lograr el pase a la siguiente ronda y poder decirle a nuestros nietos que ganamos al Rangers en su campo”.

Villarreal defender Álvaro vowed that Ibrox Stadium is a unique setting, where every footballer dreams of playing: "It's a privilege, and we want to win here to get into the next round and to tell our grandchildren that we beat Rangers at Ibrox".

https://www.villarrealcf.es/noticia...OFOLS-o2VCKQNdqZYK9jYWBq8CD3foNhbbAgmJxpQkGXE

At least he can tell them he played at Ibrox in the first year of the Gerrard years!

I'm actually confused about who you have confused Kent with!

Agree with the rest of your post mate. Flannagan passing was quite poor but thought he had a good 2nd half.

Got back late last night and crashed out - only really just looking in. Some mental threads on here in the aftermath!!

Heart sick for wee Danny, being fucked over yet again by another incompetent ref. But what a response from the manager and the team. And in particular McGregor. As SG said "wow".

I think we might just have our Rangers back, chaps....

Ive just got back from the game and saw the sending off. Absolutely shocking. The ref was out of his depth all night.

What are the opinions on the offside goal. I was too busy jumping up and down to see anything but the lad in front of me said Middleton was definitely offside.

Ive just got back from the game and saw the sending off. Absolutely shocking. The ref was out of his depth all night.

What are the opinions on the offside goal. I was too busy jumping up and down to see anything but the lad in front of me said Middleton was definitely offside.

Clearly offside. A shame he couldn't check his run. Morelos was at the back and the ball might have found it's way to Alfie instead.

Just back home after the game. Thought we did extremely well to hold out for the point. Lots of individual performances were below par IMO, but we really stuck in. Officials were utter cuunts.

Anyone have a link to gerrards post match interview ? Can’t find it

Last edited:
Back