Match Thread Rangers v Young Boys - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Just in and still buzzing. What an achievement for us for where we have been over the last few years. Written off when the groups were announced by many but we have done it! Don't care who we get now. Bring anyone on!

Just back - 2/3 of the game fantastic, then Aribo, Kamara and Arfield seemed to run out of puff and we surrendered the midfield. Can’t wait till we have Jones to bring on instead of the aimless Ojo. Kent not quite right. Overall, great achievement from team and management in qualifying, we shouldn’t take it for granted.
Kent is struggling a bit but still had quality to put pass through for goal. Job done but I would be giving Greg a half when he is clearly having a bad day.

Happy to get through but so disappointed in our second half showing after a great first half performance. 3 midfielders were out on their feet causing us to sit so deep and invite them onto us. We need to learn to kill teams off when we are so much on top, 2nd goal would probably have deflated them and resulted in us winning the group. Well done Bears, concentration back onto the league, must win at Motherwell.

tremendous achievement to come through that number of games and qualify

didn't think it was possible

my only concern now would be burn out, we seem to be playing for 45/50 minutes a very high level then just stopping

Not the greatest second half but we got there. As for the auld twat that was behind me tonight, a simple question. Why do you go and watch Rangers because you certainly don’t support them. Constant moaning from start to finish. thank god my normal seat is three rows behind him as I could not listen to that shite every game.

Congrats to the boys in blue for qualifying from group g.
Ive really enjoyed watchin us get through but lets not have blinkers on ,,,there are a few players + they are reasonably good players ,, who just dont seem to be consistent enough for me in the team [ thats not including last sunday,,, we were outstanding) hopefully jordan jones is not too far away from making an appearance and can give Mr SG some more options on wings.I do like Aribo,,, thought he was really effective first half then fell away 2nd cant make up my mind if we sat back too much or gifted them the ball too many times which they took advantage of in 2nd half prob bit of both.
lets get much more singing at Ibrox
union bears doing a great job wi all their stuff lets get behind them
WATP. A need a seat in broomloan..... govn too quiet!!!

Last edited:
Great to qualify but that last minute goal certainly cost us. As well as now finishing
2nd. the prize money is different.
We get 570k Euros for a win and 190k euros for a draw. Group winners get 1m euros and runners up get 500k euros.
So jammy equaliser cost us 880k euros.
Bit of a bugger!
Bit of indeed....

Delighted to be through, but a bit disappointed we couldn't hold on. Our 2nd half was probably our worst Euro performance under Gerrard. 1st half brilliant.

I thought we played really well tonight overall. They were always going to come at us second half. They had to. We would have done the same if we were in the same position. They got their goal in the 89th minute. Bottom line is that we are in the last 32 in the Europa League. Quite an achievement when you look at the group we were in.

We got through and the next round is a bonus for us this season.

First half we were fantastic, winning everything, totally dominant. Second half we tired badly, their manager saw it and brought on all 3 subs, Gerrard didn't respond with fresh legs and we ended up hanging on. The subs need to be used more effectively or we'll run the same 12 or 13 players into the ground.

So proud of the players tonight. As usual, they left everything on the pitch.

Dominated the first half, let them into it a little more in the second half. Overall, a very good performance and created some good chances. Our physical and technical quality was very good.

What I am particularly proud of is that the players put so much in after a draining match on Sunday.

Lets hope everyone recovers well and is ready to go again on the 15th.

So proud of the players tonight. As usual, they left everything on the pitch.

Dominated the first half, let them into it a little more in the second half. Overall, a very good performance and created some good chances. Our physical and technical quality was very good.

What I am particularly proud of is that the players put so much in after a draining match on Sunday.

Lets hope everyone recovers well and is ready to go again on the 15th.
It's the midfield I have concerns about burning out. The 3/4 players we use there have all played a shit ton of football and I don't think there's any other players at the club close to their level to cover their positions. Will be interesting to see how Jack, Kamara, Aribo and Davis manage going forward into this busy busy festive spell.

I am worried about the upcoming games,just how much can we ask of this squad,they were booted all over the park against Aberdeen,agame where we lost 2 points due to incompetent refereeing and I'm not just talking about the penalty they should've been down to 9 men,then on Sunday they gave us everything and once again were cheated out of a win by incompetent officials,must be draining mentaly,on to the young boys game where we qualified ,fine but the efforts we had made in the 2 games I mentioned started to show,how long can we keep going ?

Back