Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Keep hearing about fickle football fans. What I've read on here proves this is no myth.
After many years of highs and lows,I'm fairly confident for the league this season. Our main rivals have been going backwards for a couple of years now,more so last season. Deal with them, cut out the late goals and it will be job done.

Agreed,we can't afford to go into the season with Barisic at left back.He is never a defender in a hundred years.The thought of him playing against the mentally challengeds gives me the shits

giphy.gif

No too bad mate, typical friendly but what I will say is, thank fu.ck I go to most games and miss the absolute drivel on the match threads.:))

Fu.ckin moonballs.:D
I was keeping tabs on the match thread but chucked it when I seen Jones getting stick.

I thought our movement during the first half was excellent and the team looked very settled, with Davis controlling everything. Jones provided great width to our game until he got subbed, and this combined with Davis going disrupted our shape in the second half. Our pace dropped and our midfield and forwards were too narrow. Onwards to the real stuff on Thursday, and I can’t wait.

Barisic was fine today. He's definitely the new whipping boy though, this became clear when I heard a "FFS borna" after less than 5min today after a nothing incident

Hate to Criticise players but Barasic was terrible today offered nothing in possession looked frightened on the ball hw sharks responsibility all the time. Needs to get a grip hugely or he just won’t play here.

Hate to Criticise players but Barasic was terrible today offered nothing in possession looked frightened on the ball hw sharks responsibility all the time. Needs to get a grip hugely or he just won’t play here.
What! He was firing in some great crosses. Not his fault others werent attacking them. I sometimes wonder what it is Rangers fans want from a player.

You'd think we'd been papped out the Champions league with some.

It was a fu.ckin friendly ffs.:))
It is always sugar or shi@e on match threads for some no inbetween ,nothing new to be honest but not as if it is exclusive to follow follow though either.

First half we passed them to death from back to front with our two most influential players on the pitch.....we will absolutely destroy teams this year! Our goal difference is going to be ridiculous!!

Would have been nice to hold onto the lead but I’m super excited for Thursday and the season ahead! We look tremendous!

Agreed,we can't afford to go into the season with Barisic at left back.He is never a defender in a hundred years.The thought of him playing against the mentally challengeds gives me the shits

Halliday isn't good enough to be first choice left back and whilst I like Flanagan, neither is he.

I'm still unsure on Barišić tbh. Will see how he starts the season and probably has until the January transfer window to remain free from injury, perform well and consistently.

One of the better away days for a freindly for a long time,the game was as good as youre going to get with the amount of non first teamers and changes that were made by both sides but it was decent watch..It was my first visit to Ibrox and i must say say a great experience some good freindly banter with a few Rangers fans i met and a free car park as well ,used my car park cash for a burger and a coffee bargain at £6.00 ...Also getting away from the ground was well organised ,i was back on the M74 within 30 mins of leaving the ground ..Good luck in the new season and let's hope you can get title this year...

What! He was firing in some great crosses. Not his fault others werent attacking them. I sometimes wonder what it is Rangers fans want from a player.

Possibly a bit harsh, looking back again he done well first half but 2nd a thought he was wasn’t as good, don’t think the subs helped as the team on a while wasn’t great in the 2nd half. maybe could of worded original post a bit better.

Possibly a bit harsh, looking back again he done well first half but 2nd a thought he was wasn’t as good, don’t think the subs helped as the team on a while wasn’t great in the 2nd half. maybe could of worded original post a bit better.
No worries buddy. Agree that with friendlies the momentum goes with the subs etc. Ber all i thought we played ok but as the gaffer says a few lessons there today. Better today than Thursday

No worries buddy. Agree that with friendlies the momentum goes with the subs etc. Ber all i thought we played ok but as the gaffer says a few lessons there today. Better today than Thursday

Think the players are possibly getting a bit sick of the friendlies and just want to get in to the competitive stuff now.

Did anymore think the change of formation had a knock on effect to the second half notably when we went to a three at the back ?

Was at the game today and the team looked as if they couldn’t be arsed - for the most part. Some good passages of play but too pedestrian.

Davis is going to be huge for us this season.

We seemed to struggle with the ball over the top.

Not going to slag the team as it was only a friendly and they’ve been playing great but the one takeaway from today for me is that Barasic is really struggling and is a big worry for me, it’s our weak point. It must be nerves as he is clearly a good player ? I would be looking to bring a left back in - maybe Taylor from Kilmarnock don’t know what he’d cost mind you. Wouldn’t do any harm in having another option there if we can afford it.

Candeias will have to be replaced also, thought we missed him today.

Was at the game today and the team looked as if they couldn’t be arsed - for the most part. Some good passages of play but too pedestrian.

Davis is going to be huge for us this season.

We seemed to struggle with the ball over the top.

Not going to slag the team as it was only a friendly and they’ve been playing great but the one takeaway from today for me is that Barasic is really struggling and is a big worry for me, it’s our weak point. It must be nerves as he is clearly a good player ? I would be looking to bring a left back in - maybe Taylor from Kilmarnock don’t know what he’d cost mind you. Wouldn’t do any harm in having another option there if we can afford it.

Candeias will have to be replaced also, thought we missed him today.
I honestly can't explain where all of this nonsense about Barisic is coming from. Give an example of what he did that makes you believe this nonsense?

Are you not equally concerned about Kamara, Katic or McGregor, who combined to concede a sloppy goal?

I honestly can't explain where all of this nonsense about Barisic is coming from. Give an example of what he did that makes you believe this nonsense?

Are you not equally concerned about Kamara, Katic or McGregor, who combined to concede a sloppy goal?

His positional sense is awful, he gets done over the top, inside and out. Looks weak, had a few opportunities to play in Jones and couple of other players and didn’t pass it.

This isn’t an isolated game it’s nearly every game he’s played. I keep waiting for him to come good but it’s getting near crunch time to go with him for the first six months of the season. The other players you have mentioned have been solid for us. Barasic hasn’t. What game were you watching?

agree some of the bed wetter's and hystericals on here should avoid FF or some not all I might add go back to the darkside forums were they will feel comfortable im sure

To be fair a few posters had us winning the champions league after last sundays win against marseille.

The reality is somwhere in between as always.

agree some of the bed wetter's and hystericals on here should avoid FF or some not all I might add go back to the darkside forums were they will feel comfortable im sure
I very rarely go to a friendly ,it was great when the likes of gazza and the big names arrived and you were desparate to see them.
But those days are long gone at the moment.

His positional sense is awful, he gets done over the top, inside and out. Looks weak, had a few opportunities to play in Jones and couple of other players and didn’t pass it.

This isn’t an isolated game it’s nearly every game he’s played. I keep waiting for him to come good but it’s getting near crunch time to go with him for the first six months of the season. The other players you have mentioned have been solid for us. Barasic hasn’t. What game were you watching?
I agree to an extent that he can be caught too far up the park at times, but that's apparently the way Gerrard wants the team to play. Its a weakness, but it isnt a terminal weakness. Tav is often caught way out of position and there are many in our team that are good players, but flawed in some way

At the end of the day he's our player and we should try and support him - there are enough cnuts out there wanting us to fail

I agree to an extent that he can be caught too far up the park at times, but that's apparently the way Gerrard wants the team to play. Its a weakness, but it isnt a terminal weakness. Tav is often caught way out of position and there are many in our team that are good players, but flawed in some way

At the end of the day he's our player and we should try and support him - there are enough cnuts out there wanting us to fail

Believe you me I want him to turn out to be a good player. I was delighted when we signed him: I’m just worried about taking him through the next six months as our only real left back on the evidence of his displays. I just want us to win the league this season so badly.

With regards to getting caught, I mean when teams are running as us he seems to lose his man most of the time. It was apparent in the first half he was done in behind a few times and a couple from what I remember in the second half.

Maybe he’s nervous ? Who knows but having another option would be ideal for me but can we afford it?

All teams make mistakes in defence and we are no different. Expect it will happen again but so what as all we need is to score an extra goal which we almost did today but for offside.
We have not yet lost a game but the usual suspects still come out to say we have problems.
I also expect the same all season in threads where we don't win (then again we might just win every game which is what I expect every time I am at Ibrox.)

We actually played quite well until the player changes (which wouldn’t of happened or proper game)
I didn’t get over excited over our 4-0 win and I won’t lose any sleep over a 1-1 draw.
People need to chill out

Mate, that’s literally what I said fs. No idea why you’re digging me up.

You'd have a midfielder shunted to left-back as cover over a Croatian internationalist?

This place never ceases to amaze me.

Have to admit the fanciful score predictions of 4,5-0 raised a few eyebrows our way.
You can't take anything from a friendly imo and its clear to see expectations are high amongst your fans,the fire is back but keep your heads Gers.

One thing is for sure the tide is about to turn for you boys...you'll scare the shyte out of your neighbours.

Back