Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Have to admit the fanciful score predictions of 4,5-0 raised a few eyebrows our way.
You can't take anything from a friendly imo and its clear to see expectations are high amongst your fans,the fire is back but keep your heads Gers.

One thing is for sure the tide is about to turn for you boys...you'll scare the shyte out of your neighbours.
I am finding it interesting watching the Gerrard interview and reading some comments on here. It’s like drawing 1-1 with Blackburn is considered a bad result these days. I’ll take it and move on.

From: https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34077-rangers-fan-here/&page=12

Thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to Ibrox and walking around the stadium you really get the sense of just what a huge club it is. Spent time in a Rangers pub decorated with photos of former heroes - Souness, Dawson, Munro, Tugay, Ferguson, Amoruso amongst them - and the folk couldn't be friendlier.

Have to say the three tier Bill Struth Stand is one of the most imposing and impressive stands I have seen in any ground in the UK,love the old facade..a real sense of history. Just one thing though Gers...give that painted white Roof steel a ruddy good steam clean,it's turning Celtic green!

The result today put us in good stead despite some poor performances by some players. Great turn out for ROVERS we should have had more after all we actually entered the rangers end and were shown through the stands 26k plus for a friendly isn’t too bad and shows the level of support for them all in all a good experience met some gers fans who were all very friendly and welcoming so credit to them .

Some fans need to avoid friendlies

I need to avoid having a dip into the match thread when I get back from the game.

It never ceases to amaze me how much pish can get spouted by so many people.

We actually played well today and dominated the game until the substitutions.

It's a friendly remember and the purpose of these games is to get the players match fit and allow the manager to try out various player permutations, find out his best options and discover what players are, or aren't comfortable together in a particular formation.

No more, no less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to avoid having a dip into the match thread when I get back from the game.

It never ceases to amaze me how much pish can get spouted by so many people.

We actually played well today and dominated the game until the substitutions.

It's a friendly remember and the purpose of these games is to get the players match fit and allow the manager to try out various player permutations, to find out his best options and what players are, or aren't comfortable together in a particular formation.

No more, no less.
Spot on, personally friendlies were great when the likes of gaza arrived.
I have a vague memory of sitting on a hill outside of broadwood cumbernauld trying to catch some of a game with gaza in a preseason game.
BTW i was in my 20s.

Getting easy 4 or 5 nill wins in friendlies tells us nothing about the squad , thought Blackburn would be a good test and in the second half they pressed us high, we seemed to panic and looked vulnerable, SG would have undoubtedly learned a lot from the game.

Good reality check we have some work to do. Not our strongest team, not sure we know what our strongest team is to be fair. Don’t think we would go with Edmundson and Katic in many games. Also we lost the midfield when Davis went off. Not sure we have a stand in for him.

Kamara looked out of sorts yesterday when he came in difficult for him though coming in in that position

We are still in a great place.

Also Barasic showing significant improvement. Think Hellander beside him he will be fine. His crossing was good, accurate and varied.

Some on here need to calm. Tav took a while to settle defensively. Barasic will be fine.

Also Barasic showing significant improvement. Think Hellander beside him he will be fine. His crossing was good, accurate and varied.

Some on here need to calm. Tav took a while to settle defensively. Barasic will be fine.
Agreed. Barisic is the new whipping boy for a section of our fans.

Believe you me I want him to turn out to be a good player. I was delighted when we signed him: I’m just worried about taking him through the next six months as our only real left back on the evidence of his displays. I just want us to win the league this season so badly.

With regards to getting caught, I mean when teams are running as us he seems to lose his man most of the time. It was apparent in the first half he was done in behind a few times and a couple from what I remember in the second half.

Maybe he’s nervous ? Who knows but having another option would be ideal for me but can we afford it?
i agree with you mate , i mentioned that i just cant trust him going into a big season and got slaughtered for it. Again i hope i am eating humble pie at the end of the season and hes turned into the player that is hiding in there

Reactions: R-M
I honestly can't explain where all of this nonsense about Barisic is coming from. Give an example of what he did that makes you believe this nonsense?

Are you not equally concerned about Kamara, Katic or McGregor, who combined to concede a sloppy goal?
it isnt that mate , karma katic mcgregor play well mostly every week , this happeneds week in , week out with borna

its worrying that his best performance at Ibrox was against us

Reactions: R-M
Have to admit the fanciful score predictions of 4,5-0 raised a few eyebrows our way.
You can't take anything from a friendly imo and its clear to see expectations are high amongst your fans,the fire is back but keep your heads Gers.

One thing is for sure the tide is about to turn for you boys...you'll scare the shyte out of your neighbours.
Agree with everything you say mate. Only problem I have with your post is calling them my neighbours. I like to think of them as our local car park pikeys

This will kill the Katic fanboys. For me, he is 4th choice now, can't believe some, including admin on here, have him as a starter :oops:
I get sick of people season in season out blaming centre backs for mistakes when it's always because they are covering for our missing captain who should be dealing with problems on that side of the field, I will get slated for this but it happens all to frequently and no matter who is in the back line or in midfield it will happen again, why they have to cover for our full back so often has to be sorted.

Back