Rangers v's Dundee memories

DC Anchor

My first game against Dundee was the 1974 SC game at Ibrox played on a Sunday before 64,000
lost 3-0 in a shocker!

yours?

Ferguson missing 2 penalties.

Forrester scoring after 14 seconds or something

My first one was 1989, 2-2 with Ally getting ours. Think big Nizzy was sent off that day.

Nothing really sticks out for me, pumping them in the cup 4-0 was brilliant although the 2-1 win last season was great. Our first away win back in the top flight and the Rangers end was rocking.

The first match I ever attended was against Dundee. Ended a draw, circa 1984.

I can still remember the feeling walking up the stairs into the Govan and getting my first glimpse of the pitch and stadium, wonderful memories

Walking through Irvine Mall coming back fae Meadow v Buffs Game & Bomber scored for Dundee Scottish cup game at Dens prob around 84/85

The Good - Vanoli's thunderbolt, 7-1 at Dens Park, 4-0 in the cup

The Bad - Caniggia running riot for them at Ibrox, 3-4 at Dens, Gavin Rae last minute winner at Ibrox for them

The Ugly - Colin Hendry at centre forward out of desperation in 1999

1964 Cup Final on TV in black and white!

Remember we played in vertical stripes (Blue:White) from photos despite the other team playing in all white ?

Jorg Albertz getting his only hat-trick for Rangers in a 6-1 win circa Jan 99.

Sure Gio scored an absolute screamer in the same game from an almost standing position.

Not actually been to a Rangers vs Dundee game since 2001. We won 2-0 that day Ricksen scored but can't mind who got the other. Pretty sure Dundee wee wearing an Argentina like top that day.

A 2-1 win back in the Jock Wallace days. We were a goal down and Colin Stein was sent off, great fight back. We eventually went on to win the League at Easter road that season.

Last minute winner on my birthday last november. Playing them in our orange kit at Ibrox when ko got delayed, Aug 2002

i remember a cracking cup tie at Ibrox

stewart forsyth equalised for dundee in 90th minute to take it into extra time - he is the dad of craig who plays for derby

think it was 4-1 aet - sounds scored a raker

the colin hendry up front game was played at tannadice as dens stands were being built - motm was iain anderson who had bags of talent

Gio getting sent off up at Dens along with one of their boys. Affected us more though losing him, sure it finished 1-1.

Mind a story from Souness about booting Bomber when he played for them. When Bomber booted him back first chance he got, he knew he wanted to sign him.

Yes, a 1-0 loss in the Scottish Cup.
John Brown scored their goal, he used to score against us all the time when he played for Dundee.

would have continued scoring lots of great goals had he not been pushed back to defence after his transfer - scored some brilliant goals for dundee from centre mid

League cup section august 1974, beat a good dundee team 4-0 at Ibrox, they were the holders i believe. we played in a red top that day.

First visit to Dens 1975. 1 down after about 90 seconds, Colin Stein sent off but won 2-1 with 10 men.

For some reason I remember going to Dens after we had already won the league, Andy Gray was playing for us, we won 2-1 and Andy Gary scored both. Season 1988/89

It was very sunny and the game was played like a friendly.

First visit to Dens 1975. 1 down after about 90 seconds, Colin Stein sent off but won 2-1 with 10 men.
One of the guys on the bus got the jail that day for invading the park when Stein got sent off.

Big Albertz hat-trick, Gio scored a superb goal that day too after a brilliant piece of skill from Amato

We won 6-1

I can remember being at this one too, Mark Walters with another great goal

My first game against Dundee was the 1974 SC game at Ibrox played on a Sunday before 64,000
lost 3-0 in a shocker!

yours?
was at that game sure their were more than 64,000 for a sunday game was at previous game in cup against queens park fucked the leeches 8-0

Ringing up teletex every 10 minutes in August 92 to check the score.

Dundee 1-0 Rangers
Dundee 1-1 Rangers
Dundee 2-1 Rangers
Dundee 2-2 Rangers
Dundee 3-2 Rangers
Dundee 3-3 Rangers
Dundee 4-3 Rangers

Wouldn't lose in the next 44 outings, including Champions League games, after that defeat.

Back