Rangers vs Even Younger boys

Really good game was impressed by lots of young players. Dapo & NYC the obvious standouts

Just back from the game, really enjoyed it ,very open & we deserved to go through.
Young boys are a good well organised outfit & everyone of them must have been six foot plus but we have some real talent among our lads ,the standouts for me were the two full backs ,they operated like wing backs,the right back especially for me was the best player on the park, always willing to go forward showed some some great control & put a lot of smashing balls ( low )into the box.
Roll on the next leg ,I'll look forward to it

All the young kid getting pictures with the youth team , I must’ve shouted Lovenkrands about 5 times before he came over

Big fanboy mode now, oh and I said to NYC when u playing for the first team and he said soon , as now a qualified ITK I say NYC will start the semi final ;)

Anyway good performance and grit from the lads , good turn out from all the fans

So what round are we now in?

The next one. :))

We play Slovan Bratislava next and if we get through that then we get to play one of the ‘CL proper’ teams, namely the runners-up from one of the groups. If we win that one we are into the last 16. Early doors yet.

Last edited:
Just back from the game, really enjoyed it ,very open & we deserved to go through.
Young boys are a good well organised outfit & everyone of them must have been six foot plus but we have some real talent among our lads ,the standouts for me were the two full backs ,they operated like wing backs,the right back especially for me was the best player on the park, always willing to go forward showed some some great control & put a lot of smashing balls ( low )into the box.
it wont be as it wouldn't be cost productive but would love to see the next game at Ibrox

Ah. Did you get tickets? I didn’t. Just handed the cash over and the turnstile was already open. Not that I’m suggesting anything lol
haha, aye we got handed tickets. Not that you then needed them obviously as no seat number or anything on it lol.

agree 100% to this. Maxwell at left back and Patterson at right back both had cracking games. The left back really unlucky not to score in the first half with his messi-esq run.

NYC hada good game too, contrary to my comment earlier calling him lazy, 2nd half I seen loads more work from him. (aside from the odd bit where he just sat on his backside before getting subbed, not sure if he was injured or being petulant at not getting the freekick?)

Dapo also had a great game, tough game for him as he's so small and was up against some really big players.

8 10 and 11 also had a good game. (Dickson, Kai and someone else, not sure?)

All the young kid getting pictures with the youth team , I must’ve shouted Lovenkrands about 5 times before he came over

Big fanboy mode now, oh and I said to NYC when u playing for the first team and he said soon , as now a qualified ITK I say NYC will start the semi final ;)

Anyway good performance and grit from the lads , good turn out from all the fans
Was that pre match you got a chance to chin them? My wee fella was over the moon when the players came over to the stand when they scored the equaliser. He ran down to the side to cheer them

Real Zaragoza broke the record in their 1st leg with over 7500 at the match

Would be nice for Rangers to really push for a big crowd at next match.

Its the night before Porto at home market it as a warmup match for fans. We managed plenty numbers for the Youth Cup Final the night before Fiorentina.

My first ever game at this level so I’m completely unfamiliar with any names.

The two full backs were very good, both comfortable on the ball with ability to go past players. I thought the two boys up front were also good. Y-C particularly in the first half scoring a very good goal and showing an excellent work ethic. I thought however he was less effective in the second half. The reverse was true of Mebude who was peripheral to the game in the first half but gave the Young Boys defence a torrid time in the second half.

A good team performance hanging in when Young Boys had control of the game. The Young Boys team were giants in terms of size in comparison to our boys and they had the stand out performer of the night in the boy who scored their goals, he looked a real player.

Was that pre match you got a chance to chin them? My wee fella was over the moon when the players came over to the stand when they scored the equaliser. He ran down to the side to cheer them

Post match , wee sister wanted pictures , originally they were clapping at the line and she shouted one over , he checked with his other boys first and then came over and then everyone else came

Then just had a wee chat with NYC saying well done , hope you progress etc, then shouted lovenkrands over

Real Zaragoza broke the record in their 1st leg with over 7500 at the match

Would be nice for Rangers to really push for a big crowd at next match.

Its the night before Porto at home market it as a warmup match for fans. We managed plenty numbers for the Youth Cup Final the night before Fiorentina.
Would be brilliant if the Union Bears got together and went to Slivan game and made a real noise for the young guys.

I assume all you whoopers and yessers will try and get tae the next round tie instead of your presence on FF.

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise for our youngsters.

I assume all you whoopers and yessers will try and get tae the next round tie instead of your presence on FF.

You always strike me as someone who shouldn't tax yourself too much mentally by assuming things.

Post match , wee sister wanted pictures , originally they were clapping at the line and she shouted one over , he checked with his other boys first and then came over and then everyone else came

Then just had a wee chat with NYC saying well done , hope you progress etc, then shouted lovenkrands over
Ah man gutted, I left on the whistle to get the wee man home sharpish. Will probably hang about next time then as i'll take him to the game against slaven if its also at firhil.

Dont quite understand this post.. can you explain what you mean?

just on route to Porto from Faro I assume you being a whooper and yesser will try and get tae the next euro tie instead of your presence on FF.

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise for our 1st team

My youngster was standing outside last night after his training if I was at that game. I was there in spirit.

One can safely assume you will be there and vocal, right?

Well done lads.

Slovan Bratislave next.
Can we get this game much more publicity? I didn't realise that the match at Firhill was on until Tuesday evening. If we market this game properly then I'd fully expect us to be nearer the 5K mark in attendance. For anyone not there on Wednesday, you missed yourself. Make sure you don't next time.

Back