Rangers vs Even Younger boys

I'd love to see it on RangersTV for those of us who cant get along. However, as always, bums on seats, particularly for this event, is the priority.
I get it, but for me that shouldn't be the consideration for a Youth game.

Folk will watch it if it's on the telly/laptop on a Wednesday night, but that doesn't mean they're going to go all the way to Firhill to watch it instead.

These games just don't mean as much, so there isn't the same motivation for leaving the house after a hard days work.

Folk will watch it if it's on the telly/laptop on a Wednesday night, but that doesn't mean they're going to go all the way to Firhill to watch it instead.

These games just don't mean as much, so there isn't the same motivation for leaving the house after a hard days work.

I hear ya bud and I'd love to see it myself. However, if keeping it off the internet results in just an extra 50 folk turning up then that's a significant number for these you lads who are normally playing in front of less than 100 folks. Its like the big team going from 50k to 75k in percentage terms.:)

I hear ya bud and I'd love to see it myself. However, if keeping it off the internet results in just an extra 50 folk turning up then that's a significant number for these you lads who are normally playing in front of less than 100 folks. Its like the big team going from 50k to 75k in percentage terms.:)
I dunno, is the jump from <100 to 1500 or 2000 people any different than the jump from <100 to 3000?

The Commercial Director will know best, I'd just be surprised if broadcasting on RTV wouldn't result in extra revenue while still giving the bairns a decent attendance.

I dunno, is the jump from <100 to 1500 or 2000 people any different than the jump from <100 to 3000?

The Commercial Director will know best, I'd just be surprised if broadcasting on RTV wouldn't result in extra revenue while still giving the bairns a decent attendance.

I'm looking solely at looking to make it a better experience for the kids mate, rather than a commercial income stream. Its how I look at it for most of these things, I guess the recent Legends game being another example. For me its more important to get folk in the ground than to satisfy a tv/internet audience - and I say that as someone who only gets to see my team in the flesh a handful of times a season. At best. I can live with updates on here followed by viewing the game, partially or wholly, at a later time.

Has anyone established in Young Boys may be screening it? That would, of course, scupper my whole argument.

Firhill is only 2 miles from the city centre, hardly far.

This is what I would love to see happen at the complex facing Ibrox. Buy it and turn it into a mini Ibrox for the youth team games. Make it a surface that also allows pitch to be hired out to others to play football on when no games are on. Would be a good money maker for the club and also provide services to local community. That for me is more appealing than a fanzone.

This is a Massive test for Our Academy. It's the prime tournament for European Youth teams.
How I'd love to see Firhill full of our support for our Youths. It will obviously not be and for that I have to lay a lot of blame for lack of advertising/promotion by the club. Ok it has had a wee write up on club website but that is not enough unfortunately.
Any Union Bears not of to Portugal then get along and give our kids encouragement.
To Our Team. Go and do us and yourselves Proud. JUST WIN!!

Hopefully someone inside the stadium is logged on to FF and ready to give us regular updates. If not, the official Twitter feed for the youths is the best bet for updates.

Rangers youth vs YB youth tonight in the Eufa youth league

7pm kick off at Firhill

£5 for adults and £3 for concessions if I remember correctly

Should be a good chance to see some future players for anyone interested

I should be going to more of these, I’m from Maryhill so it’s walking distance

Cant believe not televised or RTV

Match is going inplay on the betting sites can at least keep up with play and score

Cant believe not televised or RTV

Match is going inplay on the betting sites can at least keep up with play and score

Twitter link I posted earlier will keep you up to date mate. I’m sure this thread will probably be quicker than most betting sites as well LOL.

4 man contingent from the Tounheid RSC just draining their pints in the Star & Garter in Garscube Rd and heading up to Thrillhill. Let's Go Rangers!

mentally challenged slop house is it not? Always heaving with those sorts when I pass and they’ve been at home

Struggling for info on the game.
How are the young bears playing?

3' Almost the opener as Finlayson sends a header just past the post, a positive start from the Gers | 0-0 (Agg 3-3)

17' Great hold-up play from Young-Coombes in the box before laying the ball into the path of Ciaran Dickson who fires a powerful effort just past the post | 0-0 (Agg 3-3)

Hopefully someone inside the stadium is logged on to FF and ready to give us regular updates. If not, the official Twitter feed for the youths is the best bet for updates.

They are a bit more on the front foot. But no clear chances yet. Although I was 15 mins late

Slippery underfoot and they look dangerous.

Pretty decent crowd. Maybe a2k+

28' GOAL: Nico Maier with the opening goal for Young Boys. A powerful effort from the edge of the box. | 0-1 (Agg 3-4)

A bit naive going forward a few times. Wrong decisions in the final third.

They’ve not let the goal affect them though

Back