Kuznetsov's Curly Hair

Skybet have priced up Tuesday's match -

Rangers 29/20
Draw 9/4
PSV 8/5

To Qualify

Rangers 11/8
PSV 8/15

Thought we'd be a bigger price than 11/8 to qualify.

Skybet have priced up Tuesday's match -

Rangers 29/20
Draw 9/4
PSV 8/5

To Qualify

Rangers 11/8
PSV 8/15

Thought we'd be a bigger price than 11/8 to qualify.
I haven't seen PSV play much. Last season they finished about 12 points behind Ajax and lost a goal a game on average, so their defence obviously needed strengthening.

We have to treat it like Red Star, get at them from the off, keep the ball for long spells and make them flit from chasing the back line to dropping deep. Long balls wide to Kent and Matondo when they press, overlap when they drop back. Press from the front, and track back to the 18 yard line if we need to. Hard work and togetherness will see us through.
Mon the Teddy Bears!

Veerman is a good player and he can hit their forward lines. Sensible aggression and attack required. We want them to come out and they got a good result in Monaco so they will come forward. Very tight tie overall. 2 goal advantage and we'll be strong favs.

Their defence looks like it can be got at, they were lucky to qualify against Monaco, but also have some very dangerous attacking players. Can’t wait for it, a proper Euro tie. I’m going 2-1 to us Tuesday and a 1-1 in the away leg. Too close to call though.
Agree a closely fought even tie beetween 2 great sides going to be a great game on Tuesday buzzing for it can’t wait

i dont know too much about PSV these days to be honest. The bookies do however so the fact we are not more of an outsider is encouraging.

This will be as tough as anything we have come up against in Europe since we first started the European odyssey under Steven Gerrard.
We will need a bit of luck and hope and pray that when they create clear-cut chances they are not clinical.

This will be as tough as anything we have come up against in Europe since we first started the European odyssey under Steven Gerrard.
We will need a bit of luck and hope and pray that when they create clear-cut chances they are not clinical.
Will be tough as they are a good team and what’s at stake , but we have played and defeated better .

And when we create clear cut chances they are clinical.

I thought we’d be a bit shorter than 11/8 to qualify to be honest - PSV are good but I doubt they’re much better than rangers.

I think that market would have been tighter had the 2nd leg been at Ibrox

We have to treat it like Red Star, get at them from the off, keep the ball for long spells and make them flit from chasing the back line to dropping deep. Long balls wide to Kent and Matondo when they press, overlap when they drop back. Press from the front, and track back to the 18 yard line if we need to. Hard work and togetherness will see us through.
Mon the Teddy Bears!
I bet you own a white board! :))

If we don’t win at home then I don’t really see how we are going to qualify.

We are capable of winning away in Holland. I’d not be confident of doing so but it wouldn’t be a big surprise.

Any win at home and I think we’ll qualify,

They are not in the same class as a Dortmund or Leipzig

That's not to say it will be easy, and I doubt that we are even the favourites... but we are more than capable if we bring our A game.

Our odds to win at home are surprisingly high, especially given our record. Tbh the odds are more in their favour but I would say the tie is a lot more 50/50. Sure psv have looked good but I feel the bookies are underestimating us massively. Alfie will play on Tuesday from the start, don’t think there’s any chance he won’t. He’ll play 60 mins tomorrow then start against psv.

That's not to say it will be easy, and I doubt that we are even the favourites... but we are more than capable if we bring our A game.
100% agree on the Dortmund and Leipzig point. People are talking them up to be the best team we’ve faced in a long time. They aren’t, they’re a good side but not an outstanding side.

29/20 to win at home looks to me like a much better bet than 11/8 to qualify. If we don’t win at home then I don’t really see how we are going to qualify.
After the heroics of last season and the Euro night we had only as recent as last week you still can’t put a wee bit of faith in the team and management? :oops:

I agree in principle but also with us lacking Calvin Bassey on the left side, we are not as potent defensively.
I think it will be tight and we will need a bit of luck if we’re going to make it through.

Back