Rangers weighing up move for experiened Middlesbrough winger

tenor.gif

I liked him a few years back when West Ham were playing him in the number 10 role and he was pretty good for a period.

But he’s finished now at any good level fs.

Agree with the above, lazy journalism. Very much doubt there’s anything in it.

I feckin despair, as young McEnroe said all those years ago, "You can't be serious!!".
ffs just hope there is no truth in this rumour, I know we need some experience but this is taking things a bit to far.

Think this would be a great addition to the squad. I would play him as a 10 behind Freddie with McCrorie and Jack behind him. Young Jamie Barjonas could learn bucket loads from him!
You still have hopes for him?
I get the feeling Kelly and Palmer, at least, will now be ahead of him.

Those quotes from Gerrard were what convinced me this wasn't nonsense.
What convinced me it's not nonsense is he's English, doubled down on it based on that he's ex Liverpool.

It's one of the things I've not been a fan of with Gerrard. He seems to have the typical English mentality where he thinks English players are brilliant and gonna win the euros / world cup every 2 years. Hence why we were stuck with ejaria getting more game time than he should, Worral, Kent (altho he has earned his spot) and I think there was another English / ex Liverpool guy who was allowed free roam in our team. The only one who's not quite fit the bill is Defoe and that's probably cause his career would be over at rangers if he dropped Morelos for him

What we should be doing is going after the young ones In random leagues - go back to the Finnish league and get that eetu guy. Get a few loans from youngsters at top top clubs. See if we can find another Morelos. None of this aging and past it English premier League players pish.

Last edited:
Downing you are joking,you would get more out of winston from still game with one leg ffs

Please no. For me a winger is Cooper, Laudrup, Walters etc. Downing is one of those players like James Millner , they have really good careers but you can't figure out why.

If Gerrard believes for one moment that signing players such as Downing will lead us to 55 then he's very much mistaken.

Please no. For me a winger is Cooper, Laudrup, Walters etc. Downing is one of those players like James Millner , they have really good careers but you can't figure out why.

Stop watching football if you can't see what Milner brings to a team. If we had him we'd have won everything up here rather than hee-haw.

What convinced me it's not nonsense is he's English, doubled down on it based on that he's ex Liverpool.

It's one of the things I've not been a fan of with Gerrard. He seems to have the typical English mentality where he thinks English players are brilliant and gonna win the euros / world cup every 2 years.

I was at it, BSOI. There are no quotes from the manager, it's agent-talk.
That's your considered opinion of Gerrard? You seem fixated on the English aspect, you an SNP-er?

Hope there's nothing in this. I don't see what he would offer in the context of what we need right now - a dynamic and pacy number 10; a striker; a beast of a midfielder; an experienced centerback.

Someone like Downing could come up here and be a comfortable fit to provide experience and bring younger players on at the likes of the sheep, the HIVs or Killie. He'd offer nothing to a team looking to actually win the league though. I really hope this is a case of a "journalist" doing 2+2=50

Can’t believe there’s any substance to this story. We already have a number of wingers and arguably all are better than him.

It's one of the things I've not been a fan of with Gerrard. He seems to have the typical English mentality where he thinks English players are brilliant and gonna win the euros / world cup every 2 years. Hence why we were stuck with ejaria getting more game time than he should, Worral, Kent (altho he has earned his spot) and I think there was another English / ex Liverpool guy who was allowed free roam in our team. The only one who's not quite fit the bill is Defoe and that's probably cause his career would be over at rangers if he dropped Morelos for him

What we should be doing is going after the young ones In random leagues - go back to the Finnish league and get that eetu guy. Get a few loans from youngsters at top top clubs. See if we can find another Morelos. None of this aging and past it English premier League players pish.

For years FF said we should be doing this yet now plenty are lining up to slate Barišić & Grezda whenever they can.

And you can't really advocate loan signings from 'top clubs' when you previously have a go at Ejaria.

Conclusion - read other folks homework better

For years FF said we should be doing this yet now plenty are lining up to slate Barišić & Grezda whenever they can.

And you can't really advocate loan signings from 'top clubs' when you previously have a go at Ejaria.

Conclusion - read other folks homework better
in my defence I've always said barisic and grezda have the talent and have shown glimpses of it even at rangers. Both of them will come good if given a chance.

Fair point about ejaria, though to be fair he has talent and done a job for us pre injury. Apparently he's doing not bad down England again so I think he was just homesick or something up here. That's more than can be said for someone like Davis who IMO has contributed next to nothing since coming to us. Ejaria didn't quite work out but I still think it's an avenue we should look into. Kent has worked for us and Celtic have had some recent success with weah and although not on loan, dembele aswell.

Back