Rangers will be in pot 1 of the Europa if we drop out the champions league

European Super Cup in 2023
Let’s be honest we’re winning 1 or the other!

Kazan in RUSSIA anyone
Everyone, Anyone
Everywhere, Anywhere…:oops:

4 years ago we were unseeded for the 2nd qualifying round and drew Osijek.

The effort. The levels we’ve gone through to turn over teams we werent meant to beat has been sensational.

To be sat watching a European Final tonight thinking, we’d beat these.

Deserved a trophy. We will keep trying.
Christ don't mention Osijek, folk on here get triggered on anything related to Borna Barisic

I didn’t realise until now we were absolutely guaranteed Europa league groups no matter what, I thought we’d have another qualifier if we lost CLQR3, that is good news and will allow the club a bit of flexibility when setting Gio’s budget.

We would have had another qualifer if we started in round 2 and got knocked out.

Anyone been to Budapest before?
What’s the sectors all about in the city centre?

The UEFA literature implies that in the non champions section, the 5 million payout for making the playoff round is also a thing.

First match is worth 5 million. (You only get the 5 million if you lose, you get the UCL payout when you win)
That relates to play off round.
We enter at 3rd round hence only guaranteed 5 m if we get through round 3.

There’s a part of me just wants to %^*& the Champions League and play in the Europa. Really enjoy competing in the tournament as we have proved we are capable of going the distance. Champions League is a closed shop that we have no chance of winning. I am itching to get back into the Europa League and have a real go again, so if we were to finish 4th in our CL group it would be a real downer.

My 5 year plan is for all 3 , starting with conference , we will build up to the biggie :D.
Still stand by the fact, that I don't want to see us in that competition - other than a Europa Group of death, it'll have required a monumental %^*& up to get there

However, if you think I've booked a 4 man room in Budapest for next May you'd be 100% right

Still stand by the fact, that I don't want to see us in that competition - other than a Europa Group of death, it'll have required a monumental %^*& up to get there

However, if you think I've booked a 4 man room in Budapest for next May you'd be 100% right
This all day long , as stated on a previous thread , we would need the following to end up there

Lose the league (or do soo poorly the country loses auto place)
Then blow the CL qualification via 2nd place route (or blow easier champions route)
Then come third in a group where we will be prob top seeds in for a few years

That’s 3 pretty big failures in my eyes

First things first. Qualify for C/L group stages then see where it takes us.
I’d rather we win the first qualifier, pocket the £5 million payment and then lose the second one and go into the Europa in pot 1. Much prefer the Europa and don’t fancy the CL pot 4 whipping boys. We could qualify from the Europa group again which would be sensational

I’d rather we win the first qualifier, pocket the £5 million payment and then lose the second one and go into the Europa in pot 1. Much prefer the Europa and don’t fancy the CL pot 4 whipping boys. We could qualify from the Europa group again which would be sensational
Benfica go out in the qualifiers, and we'd be a pot 3 team...

We're by no stretch pot 4 whipping boys.

Benfica go out in the qualifiers, and we'd be a pot 3 team...

We're by no stretch pot 4 whipping boys.
Benfica won’t go out in the qualifiers

We would be pot 4 and I don’t want that

I want pot 1 Europa with chance too get out the groups

If we can recruit quickly and correctly to make the CL, we won't be finishing 4th. We should be aiming for 2nd or 3rd.

We are a very capable European side and we've seen Good teams come to Ibrox this season and go weak at the knees under the pressure of Ibrox.

If we can recruit quickly and correctly to make the CL, we won't be finishing 4th. We should be aiming for 2nd or 3rd.

We are a very capable European side and we've seen Good teams come to Ibrox this season and go weak at the knees under the pressure of Ibrox.
We’d be 4th pot though. It’s insanely difficult to get out of a CL group being in pot 4

Give me pot 1 Europa any day of the week

Benfica won’t go out in the qualifiers

We would be pot 4 and I don’t want that

I want pot 1 Europa with chance too get out the groups
We've seen a side that are a pot 2 side in the CL come to Ibrox and be brushed aside with ease

Good recruitment and a decent draw and we could be aiming to get out the group

Real Madrid win at the weekend and you have Frankfurt, Ajax and Porto as 3 of your 8 top seeds

Salzburg, Shakhtar, Sporting in pot 3

Pick up Leipzig out of pot 2, and whilst they won't underestimate us again you're suddenly looking at a very good group

Or a home game in MD6 where the team you're playing has already qualified...

European Progression, is making steps into the CL Group stage. We are proving above our perceived level in Europe

There’s a part of me just wants to %^*& the Champions League and play in the Europa. Really enjoy competing in the tournament as we have proved we are capable of going the distance. Champions League is a closed shop that we have no chance of winning. I am itching to get back into the Europa League and have a real go again, so if we were to finish 4th in our CL group it would be a real downer.
Do we not go into conference if we're 4th?

It's probably been done to death but do we go straight into the Europa group stages if we fail at CL R3?

Guaranteed group football CL or EL is superb, pot 1 in EL is outstanding. is it because of our coefficient? Seems a big jump from last year. Not complaining though.

We’d be 4th pot though. It’s insanely difficult to get out of a CL group being in pot 4

Give me pot 1 Europa any day of the week
It's about more than just that though. They are in the Champions League already. If we qualify they have to share the TV rights with us, which is a significant sum, instead of getting it all to themselves and pulling further ahead financially. As others have also pointed out, if Benfica fail to qualify or Shaktar cannot take part then we would be a Pot3 team. Get that and or a Porto or Frankfurt from Pot1 and a decent draw from Pot2 even if we are Pot4 and the very least I'd expect would be 3rd and the Europa League knock out rounds. The last 4 seasons have proven beyond doubt we can compete against these teams given the calibre of opponents we've beaten previously.

These are / were our rankings over the last seven years starting with 2022 and going back.

33rd - 52nd - 94th - 206th - =262nd - 308th ( country coefficient) - = 267th ( with Dundee Utd)

We are averaging 15 points a season over the last three seasons. To put that in perspective, if we did that for the grading period of five years, we’re a top twenty team in Europe. That’s ridiculous for us when you consider the advantages to the teams around us in the top twenty if we get there, with four CL spots, guaranteed group points etc, etc.

I think realistically, we should be targeting ten to twelve points a season and targeting being in the top thirty clubs and staying there. That would be a tremendous achievement.

Last edited:
Back