Rangers will never stop Willie Collum refereeing their games

And there is the problem, you've accepted mediocrity your whole life

“Studies showed that correct decisions went up from 93 per cent to 98 per cent. If I was going to my work knowing I was getting 93 per cent of things right, I’d be quite happy with that.

Still think we have made an arse out of this situation. By singling out Collum who is way from the worst offender is grossly stupid. We now need to take the same action on every ref that has a bad game. To say Collum is worse than Beaton is risible.

We should have gone on the offensive in a different way. Bombarded them with suggestions for how to improve referees, been supportive and tried to lead a way forward. It would have still highlighted the deficiencies in public but been done in a manner that supports refs.

Why don't we agree exchange programmes with other leagues? Why don't we have professional refs? lots of ways this could be improved. Instead we have singled out one person for ridicule in a bunch where he is far from the worst. Our efforts will end in total failure.

At what point did Rangers ask that Collum doesn't referee another one of our games exactly ??

Mhedia shit stirring
This of course.

Rangers were far more respectful in their language towards Collum than Levein was in his towards Madden.
It will, however, be quite instructive to see which of the two parties the SFA seek to admonish the most severely.

Considering the vast majority of decisions are so obvious, even Stevie Wonder would get them nearly all right. So 93% is a disgracefully low figure, and if Maxwell is happy with that, he just shows himself up for the F uckwit he is.
A man walks up and down the stairs several times a day. 10% of the time he falls on his arse, so he is therefore an expert at negotiating stairs?

Asked if Rangers’ statement could be inflammatory, he replied: “It’s for the compliance officer to interpret, not me.

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football. The Notice of Complaint will be worked through, we’ll see where we end up."

Hopefully our solicitors pick up on that.
They just make it up as they go.

Incompetent clowns.

What you on about, he did see The Broadfoot incident, you’ve been listening to too many mutants. Photos prove he caught sight of the shove and block.
Out the side of his eye and presumed the rest, cast your eye on Cheetin Beaton, that was worse.

There's not much wrong with what he says, the headline is way off. He has to back refs at all levels of the game, he has no choice and we have to understand that this will always be the case. We will fall short if we take our eye off our own performance to focus on a referee's. We got the benefit of one to score yesterday but even the next day we want to say they cheat and are against us. Forget the ref, if we don't win the league it's down to us not doing enough. Hearts lost yesterday not because of the ref, they fell short over 90 minutes. The best team will always get there and blaming refs is a cop out. Bad decisions are nothing new, it's just that there's more proof now and as Maxwell says it's part of the game. Play on and stop complaining.

We've had an incompetent moron foisted upon us, to make critical decisions that affect our financial and professional future as a football club.

When we complain about it, we get hammered for infringing the petty rules of the organisation that foisted said incompetent upon us in the first place.

Welcome to democracy in Scottish football, 2018 style.

Beaton had a decent game a few weeks ago, probably one of the best domestic refereeing performances we've had this season. Also Thompson, the week after Collum's ineptitude, was fair. They can do it if they want to.
As I've said before, the worst I've seen this season is Nick Walsh, snidey little jumped-up cheat.

Rangers will not stop Collum from reffing, he does it himself as he is a pish ref and has only managed a couple of decent games in his career.

Beaton had a decent game a few weeks ago, probably one of the best domestic refereeing performances we've had this season. Also Thompson, the week after Collum's ineptitude, was fair. They can do it if they want to.
As I've said before, the worst I've seen this season is Nick Walsh, snidey little jumped-up cheat.

100%
Collum reffed Juve the other week with none of his usual arseholiness.

Has he answered the question around why Celtic can make it 10 tackles on average before receiving any cautions...or does thst not fit the agenda

The very reason why every other club has racked up at least double the amount of cards as they have.

I know for a fact Walsh supports Rangers.

He is just absoultely hopeless at refereeing.

The last paragraphs of the Rangers "Daniel Candeias" statement:
" Furthermore, it is understood that a number of people within the Scottish FA are in no doubt Mr Collum’s judgment was flawed and Rangers shall also now be submitting a formal complaint about the performance of this referee. The manner in which he reacted to an incident involving our player made it obvious he did not give due consideration to his decision.

This is by no means the first time errors of judgment have been made in matches involving this official and clearly there is an underlying issue which requires to be addressed. "

The mention of others in the SFA having concerns about Collum did raise a few eyebrows -- will they all stick together to support a risible refereeing decision ?

The rest of that first para merely mentions the grounds upon which Rangers were making the "formal complaint about the performance of this referee."
If a Club is no longer allowed to make a proper, formal complaint, because they fear they will be hounded by the Compliance Officer, the whole organisation will have become untouchable.

The second para, which I emboldened, clearly states that Collum has made errors before, and that "there is an underlying issue which requires to be addressed."

It does NOT mention what that issue is.
The Club could mention that the issue is lack of training for match officials, lack of clarity for both players and match officials with regards to the Rules on-field, requirement for VAR, etc, etc.
At NO point does the Club state or suggest that Collum shouldn't ref our matches again.
At NO point does the Club state or suggest that deliberate cheating has taken place.

As others have noted too, the OP's article mentions the satisfaction with a 93% success rate.
Arminius pointed out that this was getting nearly one decision in ten wrong.

The problem isn't so much the numbers involved.
It's the nature of the importance of the decisions that are "wrong" that go against us, or for our opponents.
Like red cards.

Rangers will NEVER stop Willie Collum refereeing their games insists SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell
Gers were hit with five charges after they claimed there were “underlying issues’” regarding Collum

THE SFA have told Rangers: You’ll NEVER stop Willie Collum refereeing your games.

Chief executive Ian Maxwell was responding after Gers were served with a Notice of Complaint over their criticism of Collum.

Gers were hit with five charges after they claimed there were “underlying issues’” regarding Collum.

Their complaint followed the official’s second yellow to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren a month ago.

But Maxwell, in Dublin for the Euro 2020 draw, vowed supporting refs remains the SFA’s priority.

Asked if he had concerns about Collum refereeing Gers games, he said: “Absolutely not. We can’t go down that road.

“We only have so many referees in the country and part of this is about attracting referees.

“We need people to referee matches so, no, I have no concerns about who’s refereeing any Rangers game.

“We are not just ticking a box. We want to back our referees, we understand the position they’re in and we understand the job they do for us.

“They’re an integral part of Scottish football. It’s about them knowing we want to back them up and support them.

“Willie is one of the top referees in the country, one of the best we’ve got. He referees on a European and world level and it’s absolutely right that we’re supporting him.

“Willie knows what Willie saw in the game. He knows the decision he made and he knows why he made it. We’re more than happy to back up Willie on that.

“Rangers said what they said in their statement and they’re obviously disappointed with the decision.”

Having taken the first Old Firm game of the season, Collum is unlikely to get the December 29 derby at Ibrox.

But Maxwell insists there’s no chance of him being sidelined for Gers fixtures.

Asked if Rangers’ statement could be inflammatory, he replied: “It’s for the compliance officer to interpret, not me.

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football. The Notice of Complaint will be worked through, we’ll see where we end up.

“We’re conscious, though, that referees have an incredibly tough job. There are decisions everybody will hum and haw about but referees make decisions with the best of intentions.

“They’re human, sometimes they get decisions right, sometimes they don’t. The debate that causes is a big part of football.

“Referees get things right a lot more than they get things wrong. VAR at the World Cup showed that.

“Studies showed that correct decisions went up from 93 per cent to 98 per cent. If I was going to my work knowing I was getting 93 per cent of things right, I’d be quite happy with that.

“The Scottish public are hugely passionate and every element of a match, whether it’s the team’s performance, what the manager says, or the referee’s performance, gets scrutinised.”
Wouldn't want to be only 93% right if I was a surgeon.
Wouldn't want to be only 93% right if it meant people lost their jobs.
Shouldn't want to be 93% right if it meant professional sportsmen risk losing the trophy they would win were it not for my 7% mistakes.

So he's basically saying referees can do what they want and they'll be backed regardless?

That's a problem. Amateur hour from the SFA yet again but I expect nothing less when it comes to the mentality of that lot.

Absolutely unfit for purpose.

Wouldn't want to be only 93% right if I was a surgeon.
Wouldn't want to be only 93% right if it meant people lost their jobs.
Shouldn't want to be 93% right if it meant professional sportsmen risk losing the trophy they would win were it not for my 7% mistakes.
That translates as roughly 1 in every 14 is wrong.

Let's apply that to my work as a nurse practitioner. If I see 14 patients a day (not unusual) and I get 1 diagnosis wrong every day, that's 5 misdiagnosed in a week, or 260 people a year given the wrong diagnosis.

That is not in any way, shape or form an acceptable margin of error.

He won't get another one of our games all season as long as they matter in terms of the title race, European spots or the cup. Soon as we have a dead rubber game he will get it to take the pressure off him.

Where were all these scum for standing up for refs back in 2010 when the Peasants brought a ref strike to the game up here ? The silence from them all was deafening.

Another sh1t-stirrer of a comment. Rangers never said they didn’t wish him to referee our matches as though we could dictate to the football authorities in the manner of another club who have that position already sewn up. All we want is independent and unbiased football administration and refereeing.

I'm seeing similarities in circumstances to the incident with Dougie Macdonald and the mentally challengeds.

Very different outcomes mind.

We only have so many referees in the country and part of this is about attracting referees.

“We need people to referee matches so, no, I have no concerns about who’s refereeing any Rangers game.

“We are not just ticking a box. We want to back our referees, we understand the position they’re in and we understand the job they do for us.

In other words, we have few referees, we know he is shit but we’ll back him in fear he is suspended or leaves.......I hear you loud and clear

this would have all ended before it started if the useless twats had just admitted it was a mistake in the first place and rescinded the red card.

I remember a time when Collum refereeing a game for us was greeting with relief and joy on here.

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football.”

Really, Ian? So where do the FIVE charges come from then, if your considered opinion is “they are perfectly entitled to say what they think”? Take your time...

Clueless moron, typical of the mentally challenged-infested establishment in Scotland.

Guy needs a new job. His bigoted views on our games is clear for all to see.

d77yp.jpg

You'll probably find 90% of incidents are straight forward. The problem is that the 7% of hard/major decisions they get wrong in our games are either against us or for the opposition.

At the start when the players line up to shake hands with the ref.every Rangers player should just ignore that little prick

Wouldn’t be surprised if his next game with us, is the Cup tie at Cowdenbeath. Appointing him to what should be a straightforward match with be their way of easing him in.

He's bound to get at least 1 of our big games this month.
My money is on Easter Road.

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football. The Notice of Complaint will be worked through, we’ll see where we end up.

.... and there is our defence right there.

.... and there is our defence right there.
And of course that's part of the problem the likes of him can say what he likes from any where and that's all right for them,no democracy for any one else,or freedom of speech.

Back