Rangers win MoD Gold award for armed forces backing

Bonnyloyal

RANGERS have won an award from the Ministry of Defence for its support of the armed forces.

It is the first UK football club to get the Gold Award in the Employer Recognition Scheme.

The club has regularly hosted serving military personnel and reservists at Ibrox and also offers a 20% discount on it Tickets for Troops scheme.

The Ibrox club also works with veterans charities including Erskine and PoppyScotland and provides community programmes for veterans via the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Manager, Steven Gerrard, added: “This is proud moment for everyone at the Club and Foundation, who I know work hard to support serving Armed Forces personnel and veterans each season.

“I hope that the fans will join us all in celebrating this special award, it’s well deserved.”

Managing Director, Stewart Robertson said: “Achieving the Gold Award is a wonderful recognition for both the Club and Foundation and I would like to pay tribute to everyone within Rangers, as well as our supporters, who have contributed to this work over many years.

“We are committed to doing whatever we can to support those who serve and promote an armed forces-friendly environment

Be that as it may, I would welcome the Ministry of Defence as well as any British soldier veterans organisation speaking out and/or condemning the unlawful praising of terrorists over at the Scumhut. We can cry our souls out at this at fan boards or the like, but it is up to the authorities - and aside the aforementioned also the Ministry of Justice and the Home Office - to act against illegal pro-terrorist behaviour as per Terrorism Act 2000 and 2006 ... as well as asking the Scottish authorities to finally do their duty.

Cut and paste to save clicks;

RANGERS have become the first British club to receive a top award from the Ministry of Defence.

The Gers are among five employers from the south of Scotland to receive an Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Gold Award for their support for the armed forces.

Gers signed the 'Armed Forces Covenant' in October 2016 and have regularly welcomed guests to Ibrox as part of the Tickets for Troops initiatives.

Rangers Charity Foundation will also receive the award for their support for a number of service charities working with existing and ex-forces personnel.

Speaking on the honour, Gers director Stewart Robertson said: “Achieving the Gold Award is a wonderful recognition for both the Club and Foundation.

“I would like to pay tribute to everyone within Rangers, as well as our supporters, who have contributed to this important work over many years.

“We are committed to doing whatever we can to support those who serve and promote an armed forces-friendly environment.

“I know that this special accolade will inspire us to advocate on behalf of the MOD’s Employers’ Recognition Scheme further.

“Congratulations to all the organisations receiving an award in 2019.”

Boss Steven Gerrard added: “This is proud moment for everyone at the Club and Foundation.

“They work hard to support serving Armed Forces personnel and veterans each season.

“I hope that the fans will join us all in celebrating this special award – it’s well deserved.”

Be that as it may, I would welcome the Ministry of Defence as well as any British soldier veterans organisation speaking out and/or condemning the unlawful praising of terrorists over at the Scumhut. We can cry our souls out at this at fan boards or the like, but it is up to the authorities - and aside the aforementioned also the Ministry of Justice and the Home Office - to act against illegal pro-terrorist behaviour as per Terrorism Act 2000 and 2006 ... as well as asking the Scottish authorities to finally do their duty.
I agree with you 100% I don't understand how they get away with what they do Of course PS don't help much

Lets just be proud of ourselves and not involve them in everything. No need to have their presence in this thread.

Genuine question: is there an email we can send to someone at the club to thank them and congratulate them? Not a generic one.

Back