Rangers Women Season 21/22

4-1 this early in the game makes it sound like a stroll for the Rangers Women, but the Aberdeen Women have caused us problems throughout. We’ve not really played well IMHO.

That said, I’d expect us to score more now.

First half Gers were a little sloppy in possession trying to play through the thirds and Aberdeen were a little unlucky to go in a goal down as they played some decent football and pressed well.
Second half we were much better and quicker in both our pressing and passing. We probably should have scored more and in the end we were well worth our win. Vance and Ross made a big difference to the team I watched second half of last season. Defensive frailties were still there at times tonight though. Emma Watson looks a player.

Didn’t see any of this as was involved in another game tonight but as expected a tougher test from Aberdeen than Rangers would expect to get in other games.

Despite only being promoted this year Aberdeen will be one of the stronger sides this year outside the top 3 in my opinion.

Opening league game v Partick Thistle postponed due to a covid outbreak at Thistle
Couple of Championship games have already been off and St Johnstone v Celtic in the SWPL Cup last week with it.

Believe SWF are meeting on Monday to sort out new rules around it although as usual with SWF, the horse has already bolted and the barn has burned to the ground.

Couple of Championship games have already been off and St Johnstone v Celtic in the SWPL Cup last week with it.

Believe SWF are meeting on Monday to sort out new rules around it although as usual with SWF, the horse has already bolted and the barn has burned to the ground.
St Johnstone’s issues were deeper than covid as far as I know as well, there was some doubt they’d be able to continue but seems to be resolved judging on the fact the SWF have released confirmation that it’s a 7 team SWPL 2, not that it wasn’t already common knowledge. Still no updated fixtures though.

Rangers finally get their league season going today with a visit to Hamilton. Should be relatively straight forward.

4pm kick off at New Douglas Park, cash gate if anyone wants to go along, or it’s live on the BBC sport website
Will try and catch this today. No RangersTV coverage so it will have to be the BBC.

Rangers finally get their league season going today with a visit to Hamilton. Should be relatively straight forward.

4pm kick off at New Douglas Park, cash gate if anyone wants to go along, or it’s live on the BBC sport website
Planning to head along to this today as I am fairly local. Thanks for confirming the kick off time - our website was showing it as 2pm.

Planning to head along to this today as I am fairly local. Thanks for confirming the kick off time - our website was showing it as 2pm.
Website shows 4pm for me @lesleys - at least under the Womens Team Fixtures section. Wouldn't be unusual for them to have it wrong elsewhere though. Another example would be the RangersTV bit showing the Lyon game on their Home page - we can't screen it, its exclusively on BTSport.:rolleyes: Really poor at times.

Website shows 4pm for me @lesleys - at least under the Womens Team Fixtures section. Wouldn't be unusual for them to have it wrong elsewhere though. Another example would be the RangersTV bit showing the Lyon game on their Home page - we can't screen it, its exclusively on BTSport.:rolleyes: Really poor at times.

Definitely been updated then - even yesterday morning it was showing different I am sure. I had already checked Hamilton’s site that did have the correct time fortunately. You would think they would put more details about venue, pricing etc on there too. It was the same with the cup game against Motherwell- I had to go to their site to get the details.

We've been very wasteful with the ball. In truth though, this could be as many goals as we want it to be. No need to rush things too much and the goals will come frequently.

The Hamilton goalie looks like she’s just been plucked from the queue at the local asda, like watching yer maw in goals

Back