Rangers Women Season 21/22

Was at the game today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Rangers played well and you couldn’t tell it was a depleted side.

Nicola Docherty walked past me so she wasn’t out because of covid as some folk have suggested.

@Helanders Beard I’m wanting to go to the Hibs game next week. Is it sold out or not available yet?

Our game v Hearts showing on Iplayer right now if anyone is interested.
How did you find out it was on? By chance? Was it advertised anywhere?

Notice even our tweet doesn't mention anything. Shambles on something that probably a lot more would have wanted to watch.

How did you find out it was on? By chance? Was it advertised anywhere?

Notice even our tweet doesn't mention anything. Shambles on something that probably a lot more would have wanted to watch.
I saw it on Hearts Ladies Twitter as I was looking to see if they were showing the game anywhere.
I admit our website etc are really poor at providing these details.

Not seen many games this season but still keep am eye on what's going on.

Kristen Reilly and Emma Brownlie don't seem to be involved as much this season? Hardly ever see their names mentioned?

Kristen Reilly and Emma Brownlie don't seem to be involved as much this season? Hardly ever see their names mentioned?

Kirsten Reilly was at the game yesterday. Just had a quick look at her Twitter and sounds like she’s injured. Her post on NYE seems to indicate that.

Reactions: GF1
Was at the game today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Rangers played well and you couldn’t tell it was a depleted side.

Nicola Docherty walked past me so she wasn’t out because of covid as some folk have suggested.

@Helanders Beard I’m wanting to go to the Hibs game next week. Is it sold out or not available yet?
I’ve been checking as well on the site, can’t see anything for it. Would like to take my kids along to match. Not been before to see the women play.

Kirsten Reilly was at the game yesterday. Just had a quick look at her Twitter and sounds like she’s injured. Her post on NYE seems to indicate that.
That would make sense although Middag seems to be doing well in midfield so thought maybe she was just keeping her out the team.

Reiley was playing most games up until the winter break. Shes scored a few great goals as well. Brownlie isnt at the level we need. This season we've came on leaps and bounds

Should be a two horse race after the results yesterday. Hibs and Celtic drawing hopefully ended it for them.

Ahh feck they just scored.
I took in City v Accies and Motherwell v thistle on Sunday.

Hamilton were defensively good on Sunday. The Accies goalkeeper was excellent and they were a little unlucky not to get a point - they just couldn't hang on with the pressure building the whole second half.
Speaking to a couple of their players after they have been decimated by COVID and injuries including their full back in the warm up. Apparently they only had 8 1st team players training last week its been so bad with isolating / injuries.

City were...well lets just say I cant see their manager lasting. they were fairly predictable, slow build up and look to switch full back to full back followed by a diagonal to the winger. They looked open on the counter as Accies got in a couple of times.

Motherwell play some nice stuff but are very open on the counter attack. Having said that they should have won this game and their GK has cost them again. A definite week area.

Thistle have been good at hanging in games and to be fair to them, are well organised and have a very experienced central defence which helps. Cheryl McCulloch is among the best centre backs in the League.

If they get anymore downbeat a funeral will breakout.
The quality of co-comms and guests on the highlights hasn't been great.

Pauline Hammill and Pauline McDonald just talk about players from their U19 and U17 national teams and nothing else. Which is rich considering Pauline Hammill never, ever bothers to go and watch any games unless shes getting paid by media to do it

Suzanne Mulvey and Emma Black offer nothing in terms of insight and know nothing outside of ex A-Squad players.

Clare Gemmel is monotonous and again doesn't seem to have any background knowledge.

I get they want ex players but they have 0 personality and on the evidence so far and do very little research out the top 3 teams. There are plenty of players, coaches and managers they could get onto the highlights.

Gemma Fay has been by far the best. Speaks well and knew things about the "lesser" teams that help the whole package. There are loads of great stories in the game not getting told because people are too lazy to research.

I took in City v Accies and Motherwell v thistle on Sunday.

Hamilton were defensively good on Sunday. The Accies goalkeeper was excellent and they were a little unlucky not to get a point - they just couldn't hang on with the pressure building the whole second half.
Speaking to a couple of their players after they have been decimated by COVID and injuries including their full back in the warm up. Apparently they only had 8 1st team players training last week its been so bad with isolating / injuries.

City were...well lets just say I cant see their manager lasting. they were fairly predictable, slow build up and look to switch full back to full back followed by a diagonal to the winger. They looked open on the counter as Accies got in a couple of times.

Motherwell play some nice stuff but are very open on the counter attack. Having said that they should have won this game and their GK has cost them again. A definite week area.

Thistle have been good at hanging in games and to be fair to them, are well organised and have a very experienced central defence which helps. Cheryl McCulloch is among the best centre backs in the League.
I dont see much of the ladies bar ours but did see parts of the hibs game, the girl Cavanagh looked the stand out player, not just for hibs, but on the pitch for both hibs & celtic.

I dont see much of the ladies bar ours but did see parts of the hibs game, the girl Cavanagh looked the stand out player, not just for hibs, but on the pitch for both hibs & celtic.

Celtic let her leave a couple of years ago when Hibs were a bigger draw.

She's an excellent player and very underrated - better than several of our midfielders IMO.

Might be you missed the question above, but any news when Kirsty Howat will return from injury?
She’s back in full training with the squad so not too far away, but I think a lot of care will be taken due to how common ACL injuries are in women’s football both in the first instance and recurrences of them, also taking into account how many plastic surfaces are played on as well they will want to ensure she is as strong as possible.

The quality of co-comms and guests on the highlights hasn't been great.

Pauline Hammill and Pauline McDonald just talk about players from their U19 and U17 national teams and nothing else. Which is rich considering Pauline Hammill never, ever bothers to go and watch any games unless shes getting paid by media to do it

Suzanne Mulvey and Emma Black offer nothing in terms of insight and know nothing outside of ex A-Squad players.

Clare Gemmel is monotonous and again doesn't seem to have any background knowledge.

I get they want ex players but they have 0 personality and on the evidence so far and do very little research out the top 3 teams. There are plenty of players, coaches and managers they could get onto the highlights.

Gemma Fay has been by far the best. Speaks well and knew things about the "lesser" teams that help the whole package. There are loads of great stories in the game not getting told because people are too lazy to research.
Julie fleeting is pretty decent. Watched the highlights show last night and thought Leanne Ross came across as abrupt and as if she wanted to be elsewhere. No idea why it was in the studio when it's usually pitchside somewhere either

Checked livefootball on TV and there doesnt seem to be a game being shown on Sunday on either Alba or the player. Thought our game might have been picked up for one of them!

Julie fleeting is pretty decent. Watched the highlights show last night and thought Leanne Ross came across as abrupt and as if she wanted to be elsewhere. No idea why it was in the studio when it's usually pitchside somewhere either
Her comment around the Accies goalkeeper never going to play that well again was pretty poor to be honest.

Taking my girl and her wee pal to see the our women v Hibs this Sunday. What’s the deal with parking? I know I can’t park at training centre but is there anywhere else nearby to park?

Taking my girl and her wee pal to see the our women v Hibs this Sunday. What’s the deal with parking? I know I can’t park at training centre but is there anywhere else nearby to park?

Bumping this because I’m wondering this too. Google maps shows a street opposite and a leisure centre not far away. Does anyone know if these will be ok?

Bumping this because I’m wondering this too. Google maps shows a street opposite and a leisure centre not far away. Does anyone know if these will be ok?
Most people normally park in that street - it’s slightly along from the entrance to the Training Centre. Only a couple of minutes walk.

Back