Rangers Women Season 21/22

Absolutely.

Tough task for Accies yesterday but it’s impossible to compete when you have a team training every day with the best of facilities and sport science etc against a team of girls that train 3(?) nights a week and have full time jobs/education in between and that showed yesterday. Teams will lose heavier than 7 to Rangers this year.
Pretty much.

Accies announced they are taking the Women's Team in house this week but they are still ultimately "part time" players and coaching staff. Hopefully they can build as there is plenty of good people in there and its good to see Hamilton backing them and doing what they can.
Serious questions should be asked if Rangers don't put bottom half teams to the sword with minimal fuss. Accies train 3 nights a week, but all the players and staff have full time jobs. That SHOULD show up in the games and the fact Rangers have finally had a proper pre-season non COVID interrupted.

The interesting barometer will be how the "semi pro" teams like Spartans and Hibs (who have a mix of pro and part time contracted players) deal with Rangers (Spartans despite the noise around them are really not that good a side IMO). Motherwell are throwing about a bit of cash as well but so far have been well off it.

I think that is most relentless I have seen Rangers since the move to Pro and in Ross, they have someone who will win them tight games against the other "pros".

Can i ask if any bears who watched the ladies know if there were spectators at the game as my grandson playing at training complex next weekend.
Yes but I have seen some people having issues getting tickets. Parking near the place is absolutely horrendous as well.

Paul Greig has walked from Hearts Assistant role.

Will be interesting to see what they do next. I'm told Eva Olid is fairly close to Fran Alonso and one of the more out there rumours has Eva joining him at Celtic.

A good 2-0 win for Scotland, ex-Rangers player Erin Cuthbert with the first goal.
She is a great talent, not just technically, but attitude.

Also playing for Chelsea at business of Ladies CL. Did you see her at the end with the match officials? They evidently knew her. For Rangers and Scotland men's teams we miss this. Even Davo, with all his caps, is not treated with the same respect

So hibs hearts women is at Easter road in a few weeks. I think they’ve been giving tickets away but claim to have got 6000.

im sure it’s been discussed already but how would we feel about the ladies playing bigger games at Ibrox. Surely there is a marketing opportunity here - anyone have insight into the economics ?

So hibs hearts women is at Easter road in a few weeks. I think they’ve been giving tickets away but claim to have got 6000.

im sure it’s been discussed already but how would we feel about the ladies playing bigger games at Ibrox. Surely there is a marketing opportunity here - anyone have insight into the economics ?
For this season at least I think I'd prefer to allow our new pitch to fully bed in. We've not had an update on that from @HumpZ for a wee while now. C'mon mate, how's it holding up?;)

The pitch is doing ok, the Govan sire is really struggling to root this year. (this can happen due to the stadium over hangs.

I really hope the women don't play any games at Ibrox. We have enough to deal with as it is!
I suspected that last sentence would be your response ha ha.

Thanks for the update mate, I'm sure we all really appreciate it, I know I do. From a fans point of view the pitch looks great -especially after those early concerns about playing on it too soon and too often after it was laid - but, hopefully, after next Summer it will be even better after it gets a 'rest' (if it gets one - I assume its a much easier spruce up job next year).

1.1 now expect the flood gates to open.
Hamilton gave a good account of themselves yesterday and were far more like their usual selves. They wont be expected to beat Rangers / Celtic / City / Hibs, but can cause teams problems with how organised they can be.
They will improve as the season goes on and have a genuine goal threat in Giard and decent set piece delivery.

FWIW, City based on that performance are miles off Rangers intensity BUT it seems Rangers have been pretty lethargic yesterday against Hearts.

In the SWPL, that will be Celtic and Hibs having both played full League matches at their "parent" venues.

Accies, Kilmarnock both play all their matches at parent venues (although both are astro surfaces) but it definitely gives the games more occasion and importance IMO.

The Training Centre is a poor venue IMO. Its difficult to get to for supporters, parking is a nightmare, it doesn't feel like a proper game despite the small stand. For Women's football to continue to improve, games should be in proper venues with good transport links, parking etc.
Even Aberdeen playing at Balmoral Stadium has more a sense of occasion than a training ground.

Hosting a Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox this season should be a no brainer in all honesty.

In the SWPL, that will be Celtic and Hibs having both played full League matches at their "parent" venues.

Accies, Kilmarnock both play all their matches at parent venues (although both are astro surfaces) but it definitely gives the games more occasion and importance IMO.

The Training Centre is a poor venue IMO. Its difficult to get to for supporters, parking is a nightmare, it doesn't feel like a proper game despite the small stand. For Women's football to continue to improve, games should be in proper venues with good transport links, parking etc.
Even Aberdeen playing at Balmoral Stadium has more a sense of occasion than a training ground.

Hosting a Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox this season should be a no brainer in all honesty.

Over time, long before women’s football was even really a thing, I always thought thr Astro across from Ibrox would have been perfect for youth football.

Build a small stand and facilities where the changing area was - proper Astro.

Host youth games or women before the main event, or where not possible, have it as a fan zone.

Over time, long before women’s football was even really a thing, I always thought thr Astro across from Ibrox would have been perfect for youth football.

Host youth games or women before the main event, or where not possible, have it as a fan zone.
Would be a perfect venue if the club were able to purchase it and spend money on improving it.

Dedicated building for the Women pathway would make sense now with the boys at Auchenhowie and as you say, a fan zone on a Saturday when not in use for matches.

Pre-COVID, the club - via the Rangers Charity Foundation - had an agreement to take over the long term lease for the Ibrox Complex and develop it as a centre for youth/girls/womens teams. That is on the back-burner due to it being used as a COVID test centre.

No matter how they dress those games up I just cannot take them seriously. What’s the highest paying attendance at any of the Scottish female games?

I'm not that arsed about the women's side, although I do hope they win the league.

Someone has to stop Glasgow City.

Back