Rangers Women Season 21/22

Last season the 5-0 game seemed like a freak result and the other two games we played Glasgow City they were comfortably the better side. I thought we were the better team today for long spells and should have wonit had we taken our chances.

As others have said if we beat that mob this will be a more positive result as well as righting the wrongs of last season.

I think Kirsty Howat will make a huge difference to the team anyone know when she returns?

This is only a good result if we beat Celtic . Failure to do so shows the same problems as last year still exist

We competed better today than in the bigger games of last season but need to learn how to impose our game and not just get pulled into a scrappy, frantic affair.
Can Arnott and Hay be helped to bulk up a bit like Scott Wright? - allowing them to impose themselves more in the competitive games rather than being shoved off the ball.
We lacked anyone taking control and dictating the play. I don’t know the girls well enough yet but have seen Ness seemingly coordinating things a bit more and would have brought her on for the last half hour or so.
Thought our two wing backs could have gotten forward more too.

Last season the 5-0 game seemed like a freak result and the other two games we played Glasgow City they were comfortably the better side. I thought we were the better team today for long spells and should have wonit had we taken our chances.

As others have said if we beat that mob this will be a more positive result as well as righting the wrongs of last season.

I think Kirsty Howat will make a huge difference to the team anyone know when she returns?
I worry about the game against the scum. Last season it was two hammers we gave them and still managed to lose twice. Games i watched anyway. The couple of new signings may help though.

I'd agree with the first bit although I'd say Jane Ross and Nic Doc were contenders as well.
I thought Ross and Docherty were the stand-outs for us. And, not just for her goal, but fair play to Swaby. When I watched her last season I thought she was a bombscare and would be lucky to be here this season. She’s been very good in every game I’ve seen this season though. Credit where it’s due.

Oh, and I think we are ruining Hay by trying to make her a No 10 in the Hagi/Kent mould. It’s not working. For me, she’s been poor all season. Get her back on the wing please.

Our tactics seem to be the same as the 1st team which is don’t press and withdrawn defensively into a crowded shape.
It’s something I would love @David Edgar to ask Gerrard at the presser. Why are we no longer pressing as high as we used to. Is it tactical ? For me it’s definitely effecting our game in a negative way compared to the way we pressed in previous seasons under gerrard

I thought Ross and Docherty were the stand-outs for us. And, not just for her goal, but fair play to Swaby. When I watched her last season I thought she was a bombscare and would be lucky to be here this season. She’s been very good in every game I’ve seen this season though. Credit where it’s due.

Oh, and I think we are ruining Hay by trying to make her a No 10 in the Hagi/Kent mould. It’s not working. For me, she’s been poor all season. Get her back on the wing please.
Absolutely, Brogan is an out and out winger and has been since she was 13 years old and started to show her potential, absolutely mental to try and change her game.

Two evenly matched teams today although we just edged chances created. City showed they will be a hard nut to crack again this season. An enjoyable watch on a wet Sunday afternoon.

It’s something I would love @David Edgar to ask Gerrard at the presser. Why are we no longer pressing as high as we used to. Is it tactical ? For me it’s definitely effecting our game in a negative way compared to the way we pressed in previous seasons under gerrard

Different thread but we don’t really press for the majority of the game full stop. We stand off teams and players

Morelos's finest ninety minutes to date (well done staying for the duration Alfie).

I am trying my best to give women's football a go but find it difficult at times. I think it is the lack of composure, it's just too frantic at times, too rushed.

As far as I am aware we have some decent talent in the side but it just doesn't look that way. Are we coached well enough? It doesn't look like it looking in but perhaps I am not making enough allowances for it being a completely different game physically and pehaps mentally from the male equivalent. Is it that different? Should it be that different?

Anyway, 1-1 not the worst result in terms of the league I guess.

Absolutely agree about Hay. She needs the space on the wing to take people on. She's not a No. 10.

I'd agree with the first bit although I'd say Jane Ross and Nic Doc were contenders as well.
I thought Ross and Docherty were the stand-outs for us.
Not that I;d want to disagree with two stalwarts of the women's game - and Ross and Nic Doc certainly caught the eye.

BUT wee Reilly was everywhere from setting up attacks to winning the ball back in defence and that's why I put her ahead of the other two.

Was a good watch, though.

Very similar to jane ross - possibly more of a goalscorer.

Morelos's finest ninety minutes to date (well done staying for the duration Alfie).

I am trying my best to give women's football a go but find it difficult at times. I think it is the lack of composure, it's just too frantic at times, too rushed.

As far as I am aware we have some decent talent in the side but it just doesn't look that way. Are we coached well enough? It doesn't look like it looking in but perhaps I am not making enough allowances for it being a completely different game physically and pehaps mentally from the male equivalent. Is it that different? Should it be that different?

Anyway, 1-1 not the worst result in terms of the league I guess.
That's a good post and, after today's game, raises an important issue.

We have controlled every game we've played in this season with great ease. Today we were knocked off our stride by a more physical team that didn't allow us time on the ball and our response wasn't brilliant.

For me there were two issues: 1. We have to be sharper and crisper. You saw it at times but not enough. 2. We were light in midfield and often lost too many 50/50's. This is down to selection and why Zoe Ness was kept on the bench - when winning the ball from midfield and playing it forward is her forte - is a mystery.

We can improve on what we saw today.

A few reasons:

Team constantly changing means less organisation in the press. If you press and don’t do it collectively, you leave yourself open. Which leads on to:

Defence not playing well. Therefore less confidence in taking risks which means players reluctant to commit which comes naturally with confidence.

Finally, fitness. Between injuries and covid, they aren’t at the levels they were at previously. Therefore they don’t have the legs to do it constantly.

Absolutely agree about Hay. She needs the space on the wing to take people on. She's not a No. 10.

There was a couple of times Reilly could have had the run on the full back but didnt quite have the pace to do so. No doubt Brogan would have got the burners on and got the ball delivered.

She only had one chance to deliver from wide that I remember today and she almost created a chance on the stroke of half time

I watched this with the growing feeling that I should have been there. I need to pay more attention to our Ladies fixtures.

What's the gen on attending our home games?

Ignorant Loyal, but willing to be schooled.
:))

According to our website the Ladies play Celtic on the 31st October with a Noon KO. Same day and time as our first team KO at Fir Park. That’s disappointing if that’s the case as I would have liked to see both games live that afternoon.

I watched this with the growing feeling that I should have been there. I need to pay more attention to our Ladies fixtures.

What's the gen on attending our home games?

Ignorant Loyal, but willing to be schooled.
:))
Home games are played at the Training Centre. You can normally buy tickets online (adults are a fiver) a few days before. There is on street parking in an estate a wee bit along from the entrance and you can sit anywhere in the stand or stand at the side of the pitch.

According to our website the Ladies play Celtic on the 31st October with a Noon KO. Same day and time as our first team KO at Fir Park. That’s disappointing if that’s the case as I would have liked to see both games live that afternoon.
Its the SWPL Cup but the SWPL site just puts in a generic time. Best to check with the club nearer the time.

Back