Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was/is serious interest from one big club in particular down south in her.
Is there transfer fees in the women's game? Most seem to just leave after short term contracts on bosmans from what I can see?

I’m sure Docherty is captain.
Doherty captained some games last season and during pre-season.

Westrup was official Captain. Hill is official captain this year but Docherty will probably be Vice Captain.

Response I got from the BBC:

“Thanks for contacting us regarding the BBC Sport Website’s coverage of Rangers v Glasgow Women in the SWPL. We’ve shared your complaint with BBC Sport Scotland Online.

We were aware of some technical difficulties which were preventing viewers from watching Rangers v Glasgow Women, and published a message to this effect on the live text reporting while we worked to resolve the issue.

We apologise again for the inconvenience and disappointment caused by these technical difficulties which we continue to investigate, seeking to ensure that they don’t happen again.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards”

Is this factual? I saw “back soon” and the next thing it jumped to the C3ltic game.

“Thanks for contacting us regarding the BBC Sport Website’s coverage of Rangers v Glasgow Women in the SWPL. We’ve shared your complaint with BBC Sport Scotland Online.

We were aware of some technical difficulties which were preventing viewers from watching Rangers v Glasgow Women, and published a message to this effect on the live text reporting while we worked to resolve the issue.

We apologise again for the inconvenience and disappointment caused by these technical difficulties which we continue to investigate, seeking to ensure that they don’t happen again.

Kind regards”

Is this factual? I saw “back soon” and the next thing it jumped to the C3ltic game.
I got the 'Back soon' and then 'We are experiencing technical difficulties...' followed by the Celtic-Hibs game with no warning. Abysmal.

I got the 'Back soon' and then 'We are experiencing technical difficulties...' followed by the Celtic-Hibs game with no warning. Abysmal.
I've got this vision of the bastards sitting in their wee office.

Fifteen minutes after the kick off. "Right lads, that's the huns starting to phone in now. Give it two minutes and stick the sellic lassies oan."

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. :))

Kind regards”

Same with me no apology at the time.

Was on a channel last night and highlights came on. 14-0?
Is this the standard they are playing against or a freak result?

They’re miles ahead of most other times, but in this case it was a newly promoted side with a new manager and had lost the vast majority of their better players that got them promoted so a massive score line was always on the cards.

Apologies if covered elsewhere in the thread but do the woman's team not play their games at Auchenhowie?

I'm sure they used to, was planning to take the kids to see some of the games (too young to go to Ibrox just yet) but see the games this season have been played at Airdrie's ground I think it is?

Apologies if covered elsewhere in the thread but do the woman's team not play their games at Auchenhowie?

I'm sure they used to, was planning to take the kids to see some of the games (too young to go to Ibrox just yet) but see the games this season have been played at Airdrie's ground I think it is?
They’ve moved to Broadwood, bigger venue as they continually sold out the Training Centre and also for champions league purposes.

They’ve moved to Broadwood, bigger venue as they continually sold out the Training Centre and also for champions league purposes.

Glad to hear they're prospering though f*cks up my plans to introduce the kids to Rangers this season :)

D'you know if you can watch any youth games at Auchenhowie?

3 really good young players - their generation will see a major step forward in the quality of women's football in Scotland I think as they'll be the first who have been going through the academy in a proper pro football environment.

As an aside I almost didn't recognise McLeary with her hair down. Hopefully the pro contract has a "No pigtails" clause. No idea why but that bugs me in the same way as hairbands on male footballers

Wont be the last hiding they take this season or the last one Rangers dish out.

The top 3 are more ahead than the rest than ever before.
If you are one of the 3 teams who finish in the top 6 with Rangers, Celtic and City for the split, its going to be a long 10 games.

Today illustrates the women’s team problem. Games like today are no preparation for Europe, city or the hagrids. Also - it’s difficult to sell such one sided games - not only to spectators but future players, managers etc.

Rangers - circa £1.2 million budget
Celtic - circa £500,000 budget
City - circa £750,000 budget (financed by James Anderson).

The rest are miles behind.
However Hearts, Hibs and must be in the £200,000 budget now with the signings onto full time contracts for players.

There is also a dearth of quality player across the game, SWF have made a complete s**tshow of running things in the last 5 years and it hasn't grown as much as it should of (lets just say the Board isn't fit for purpose).
HOWEVER, the embarrassing lack of any serious investment from the SFA has to be called into question. I don't think anyone is expecting a limitless cash pot, but they have to do more for the game.

They’re just promoted so will struggle. Top 3 are head and shoulders above next tier who are head and shoulders above the next tier

However Hearts, Hibs and must be in the £200,000 budget now with the signings onto full time contracts for players.

There is also a dearth of quality player across the game, SWF have made a complete s**tshow of running things in the last 5 years and it hasn't grown as much as it should of (lets just say the Board isn't fit for purpose).
HOWEVER, the embarrassing lack of any serious investment from the SFA has to be called into question. I don't think anyone is expecting a limitless cash pot, but they have to do more for the game.
Thanks for this - you clearly have your ear to the ground about such things. I’m relatively new to the women’s game and without much insight - keep us updated on these non football related issues. Fascinating stuff

Wow - 14-0. What a gulf in class.

I remember we lost 14-0 at the BBs on an Ash park. We were all about 9 or 10 and thought it was a Junior section match - but it was meant to be Company section and half of their Officers played in it.

Is game on Alba or RTV today?

Would be good to see us destroy the sheep

Partick Thistles budget is £37k

Don’t see anything other than a win again today, Aberdeen didn’t get off to a great start last week but will be a sticky team at home, expect our class to show through though and a comfortable win by a couple of goals.

Don’t see anything other than a win again today, Aberdeen didn’t get off to a great start last week but will be a sticky team at home, expect our class to show through though and a comfortable win by a couple of goals.
I'm sure I recall watching an evening game up at Pittodrie last season where we really struggled to eventually get the win, with a couple of goals around the hour mark. Hopefully more straightforward this time as, in truth, Aberdeen weren't very good and I doubt they have improved.

I'm sure I recall watching an evening game up at Pittodrie last season where we really struggled to eventually get the win, with a couple of goals around the hour mark. Hopefully more straightforward this time as, in truth, Aberdeen weren't very good and I doubt they have improved.
I don’t think they’re as good as they were last year, they lost to Hamilton last week for example!

Can't see this on the BBC Sport website or iPlayer yet. Anyone got a link as I appear to be missing where to find it?

EDIT: Found it @Gersdave but no pictures yet.

Cheers , I know I am thick, but surely they could make it easier to find. Hopefully game is worth the effort

Doherty captained some games last season and during pre-season.

Westrup was official Captain. Hill is official captain this year but Docherty will probably be Vice Captain.
I'm sure Ross was going to be captain but injury has put a stop to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back