Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does the commentator not refer to the sheep keeper as Meach but AJ Meach? rather annoying.

Is there a strategy for the ladies team?.

Obviously we want to win every domestic trophy possible, but is there significant cash to be made by playing in the WCL or is just about growing the ladies set up and genral interest in the game?

Is there a strategy for the ladies team?.

Obviously we want to win every domestic trophy possible, but is there significant cash to be made by playing in the WCL or is just about growing the ladies set up and genral interest in the game?
It’s a long term project. Dave King initially set the ball rolling by bringing in Amy and saying he wanted Rangers to dominate in Scotland, and when possible start to make an impact in Europe.

Unfortunately the Women’s Champions League is becoming even more of a closed shop than the mens and it’s increasingly difficult for the less established clubs to get anywhere.

Barring something bizarre happening, I don’t see us being remotely troubled before playing GC at the end of the November.

I’d go as far as to say as I’m not convinced we’ll concede any goals before then.
City drawing 0-0 with Motherwell in added time. Quite a result for Motherwell if they hang on and a real surprise.

City drawing 0-0 with Motherwell in added time. Quite a result for Motherwell if they hang on and a real surprise.
Motherwell will get better and better over the next few years in my opinion, providing they have some patience.

Still a shocker of a result though they should not be holding GC.

Stepping away from all the undeserved negativity about the women's game from some people, you won't find 2 better penalties than those despatched by Lizzie Arnot in yesterday's game against Aberdeen. Tav would have been impressed and, I'm sure, delighted with both Lizzie's confidence and accuracy from the spot.

Stepping away from all the undeserved negativity about the women's game from some people, you won't find 2 better penalties than those despatched by Lizzie Arnot in yesterday's game against Aberdeen. Tav would have been impressed and, I'm sure, delighted with both Lizzie's confidence and accuracy from the spot.
Not a bad haul for Lizzie yesterday - 4 goals and 2 assists. And she was only on the pitch for about 70 minutes.

For those who haven't seen it and who don't have RangersTV, the Club have made it available on YouTube Freeview:

Cant believe 2 weeks in a row the BBC messed up in showing our games. Youd never get that in the WSL!

Two very good performances and Fife and Esson could have had deck chairs out for all they had to do in the last 2 games.

I'm unsure yet of Hannah Davison and the big Finnish lassie. Seemed odd yesterday to not bring Cavanagh on. She doesnt seem to be getting much game time for whatever reason

Is the champions league game being shown anywhere? Know Alba or BBC Scotland is showing GC v Roma

How sickening was that 96 min winner by GC yesterday btw

Not a bad haul for Lizzie yesterday - 4 goals and 2 assists. And she was only on the pitch for about 70 minutes.

For those who haven't seen it and who don't have RangersTV, the Club have made it available on YouTube Freeview:

Sounds daft saying this given we've scored 22 goals in two games - but we miss Jane Ross. Yes, we'll win almost every game by being faster, fitter and stronger but she added something extra - an ability to find space and to ghost past defenders. We don't have anyone else like that.

Is the champions league game being shown anywhere? Know Alba or BBC Scotland is showing GC v Roma

There is nothing announced for it yet. Had hoped RTV might show it

BBC Scotland got Hearts v Zurich on it and Alba got Glasgoe City so will only be RTV or Iplayerby by looks of it

so BBC Gibberish is showing the runners up CL qualifier and not the champions play
excellent

To be fair it’s a lot easier for them to set up at Petershill than arrange a screening from Greece
I think DAZN do live streaming on YouTube of Womens Champions League matches from Group Stage onwards but have no idea if they are covering Thursday or whether those tv rights rest with the local broadcaster in Greece. Any idea?

I think DAZN do live streaming on YouTube of Womens Champions League matches from Group Stage onwards but have no idea if they are covering Thursday or whether those tv rights rest with the local broadcaster in Greece. Any idea?
in the UK on DAZN it's Lyon/Chelsea or Portland Thorns/Monterrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back