Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

It sounded as if they were cheering in the commentary box. Very poor all through the team. Especially in the middle of the park.

Last edited:
3 mins added time FFS. The linesman on this side of the park is as well holding his flag up continuously for the second half.

3 mins ? the Thistle goalie wasted 3 minutes at every goal kick and every kick out.

The referee ? thistle player heads the ball out of the box and falls down and he gives a free kick to Thistle.

Really think the two Kristy’s and Rachel are sorely missed we have no real replacements .

Re MF was it not possible to move Middag forward and bring on Austin eg ? Although I do feel our limitations were further forward again but Tessel’s presence may have been advantageous too

I will repeat the two striker setup brought very little today .

Last edited:
With the money we are spending, we should be smashing teams like Thistle, with half a team out.
In any walk of football, the team with the most money should win every game, but it doesn't always work that way. As Clement said yesterday, you need to remember that the opponents are working hard to stop you.

The reality of it all is that we expect to run over teams every week. We've come a long way but every team has a dip in form and that's all it is, possibly in part due to injuries.

They got it right today and made the game stuffy. We resorted to long balls and speculative punts into the box against a well drilled, defensive unit.

We'll be back and we'll be better.

If you aren’t looking forward to watch a cup final that Rangers are playing in then football is probably not for you.
Aye right, good football is for me, if you are happy to watch Partick Thistle park all 11 players in their own box for most of the game then you indeed have something to look forward to.

We’ve been poor recently against Aberdeen,Hearts and Thistle. Today was no one off poor performance and is a little concerning coming before the business end of the Season and a massive game next Sunday in particular.

I felt today we really missed Rachel McLaughlan and Kirsty Maclean who will drive at players sitting in a low block and go by them creating overloads. Here’s hoping they’re back very soon.

Disappointed in the result, but Jo and the women have so much, in the bank for me, that it's just a matter of time before they are back in their groove.
Not even a bump in the road, but a blip.
I have no doubt that ... "normal service will be resumed as soon as possible"

Disappointed in the result, but Jo and the women have so much, in the bank for me, that it's just a matter of time before they are back in their groove.
Not even a bump in the road, but a blip.
I have no doubt that ... "normal service will be resumed as soon as possible"
How many games are there in the league?

Thistle always put their highlights online and they've certainly improved a lot in the last year - defensively, if not in attack - but I'm really surprised that they were able to get that result today.

That was going to be next answer.
Seriously, appreciate the clarification.

I couldn't even find out how many games on freakin' SPWL website!
You're welcome. I know there are those who don't rate the women's game, but it's frustrating for those that follow it and have to dig deep to get any info on format of league, dates of fixtures etc. BBC Sport didn't even have the fixtures listed the other week for the Scottish Cup games. Skysports dont have anything unless they're screening a game. The info on the Official Rangers page isn't great either.
I live in Milngavie and occasionally see some of the girls on the train after they've finished training. I wonder if it might be worth mentioning the issue to them.

Real frustration for me is the lack of info forthcoming re current players who are not in the match day squad

McLean, McLachlan, Howat and Bance

Even the good folk who go to almost all the games, aint got an idea, of when these girls will be back or what and extent the injuries / or other issues is keeping the 4 first picks away from the matchday selection

Real weak spot, getting more annoying as the weeks / games pass....running into the business end of the season, with a league and two cups at stake in next 15 games or so and we need our best selection available

Real frustration for me is the lack of info forthcoming re current players who are not in the match day squad

Even the good folk who go to almost all the games, aint got an idea, of when these girls will be back or what and extent the injuries / or other issues is keeping the 4 first picks away from the matchday selection

Real weak spot, getting more annoying as the weeks / games pass....running into the business end of the season, with a league and two cups at stake in next 15 games or so and we need our best selection available

Howats out for a while with her injury
the other 3 i agree its a mystery - Bance wasn't a certain starter when fit anyway - the other 2 are real losses
McLauchlan was on the bench a few weeks ago, perhaps a set back

There will be a press conference this week because we're playing Celtic maybe someone from the fan media could ask Jo about these players. I agree it is frustrating she does mention injured players in the club media interviews but they never ask her what's wrong with them or how long they will be missing for.

Howats out for a while with her injury
the other 3 i agree its a mystery - Bance wasn't a certain starter when fit anyway - the other 2 are real losses
McLauchlan was on the bench a few weeks ago, perhaps a set back
Bance has a hamstring injury and I think it was said somewhere she is back down South atm.
Ini picked up an injury in training and is due to be out for another couple of weeks someone said. I have no idea what the injury is.
I agree it would be good if we got that kind of information from the Club instead of people asking the players themselves at games.

There will be a press conference this week because we're playing Celtic maybe someone from the fan media could ask Jo about these players. I agree it is frustrating she does mention injured players in the club media interviews but they never ask her what's wrong with them or how long they will be missing for.
The last time we played them the fan media were marginalised in favour of idiots from Clyde etc who were more interested in asking Jo’s opinion on Joey Barton than pertinent questions about the squad :rolleyes:

Back