Official Rangers Women - Season 24-25

In the last few years they have lost players to south of the border to us and I think the p@rkhead team. The womens league shows every sign of becoming like the mens league as they start to put money in to their teams. City may struggle now to access funds to keep or attract better players.
It's a bit of a shame. One of the things that attracted me to start watching the Women's team was the difference in it being a 3 way title race.

It's a bit of a shame. One of the things that attracted me to start watching the Women's team was the difference in it being a 3 way title race.
I hope I'm wrong but maybe Hearts and Hibs will offer better competition. Last season was my first womens season ticket - mainly due to the low concession cost! I enjoyed most games esp at beginning of the season. However I noticed a drop in standard in all the teams later in season

They have lost half their squad. There are others, but the standouts are Oscarsson, Weir, Wardlaw, Moore, Koza and Giammona.

Not sure they have signed anyone yet.

I might, in fact, start spending that £200 bet that @Valley Bluenose made with me...
They are/were financially supported by James Anderson & I presume that enabled them to compete. Don’t know if that’s still the case.

They have lost half their squad. There are others, but the standouts are Oscarsson, Weir, Wardlaw, Moore, Koza and Giammona.

Not sure they have signed anyone yet.

I might, in fact, start spending that £200 bet that @Valley Bluenose made with me...
I clearly don’t have as much knowledge as your good self re Glasgow City and their present squad so it was a real surprise to read your prediction they won’t finish in the top three this coming Season. For me their best player last season was Lauren Davidson incidentally. However they can clearly still attract the odd good player as Fiona Brown was signed in January.

I think it’s fair to say City were a poorer side last Season compared to the Season before but I don’t see that as a good thing if we want to improve as a Club particularly in Europe where we can earn extra revenue. I want every Team in Scotland to improve (well maybe with one exception lol) as that can only be good for the game here and as a consequence us. City v Brann in the Champions league last Season was a real eye opener in how far as a League we have to improve.

Bottom line obviously I want us to win every game and do well in Europe but I want us to do that as an improving Team every Season not because our rivals are getting weaker.

On a lighter note I noticed earlier in the thread you stated “Ewan’s has to go plus the icon that’s Jane Ross unless she has a good pre-season”. On Friday poster Avengers stated “Glad JR is staying” and you liked it. Can I assume JR has had a good pre-season then?

Last edited:
I clearly don’t have as much knowledge as your good self re Glasgow City and their present squad so it was a real surprise to read your prediction they won’t finish in the top three this coming Season. For me their best player last season was Lauren Davidson incidentally. However they can clearly still attract the odd good player as Karen Brown was signed in January.

I think it’s fair to say City were a poorer side last Season compared to the Season before but I don’t see that as a good thing if we want to improve as a Club particularly in Europe where we can earn extra revenue. I want every Team in Scotland to improve (well maybe with one exception lol) as that can only be good for the game here and as a consequence us. City v Brann in the Champions league last Season was a real eye opener in how far as a League we have to improve.

Bottom line obviously I want us to win every game and do well in Europe but I want us to do that as an improving Team every Season not because our rivals are getting weaker.

On a lighter note I noticed earlier in the thread you stated “Ewan’s has to go plus the icon that’s Jane Ross unless she has a good pre-season”. On Friday poster Avengers stated “Glad JR is staying” and you liked it. Can I assume JR has had a good pre-season then?
I agree with all of this - apart from saying it's "Fiona Brown" - and I mustn't let my detestation of Leanne Ross cloud my judgment. I'd much rather have a competitive league with 4 or 5 good teams than for it to be a 2 horse race.

Glasgow City do seem to be going backwards, though. Hearts are stepping up and Hibs and Aberdeen look ambitious, too. So I think that my prediction of City finishing 4th is fairly credible.

It's the old head vs heart thing! I'd love Jane to have a great season and score a barrowload but I don't see it happening.

I hope I'm wrong on this one!

I agree with all of this - apart from saying it's "Fiona Brown" - and I mustn't let my detestation of Leanne Ross cloud my judgment. I'd much rather have a competitive league with 4 or 5 good teams than for it to be a 2 horse race.

Glasgow City do seem to be going backwards, though. Hearts are stepping up and Hibs and Aberdeen look ambitious, too. So I think that my prediction of City finishing 4th is fairly credible.

It's the old head vs heart thing! I'd love Jane to have a great season and score a barrowload but I don't see it happening.

Ha ha thanks for pointing out the Karen Brown mistake. No idea how I managed that (senior moment maybe) as I watched FIONA make a difference to City after January before getting injured. Point being they obviously can still attract very decent players or at least they could and I hope they still can. As I stated earlier attracting good players to the League benefits every Team in the long run.

Re Jane Ross. What a player. I would love to have seen her play for us at her peak. Don’t get me wrong when she signed she still really improved us though. The drop off in her form when she came back last Season was stark but understandable to a degree re her age and severity of injury. I wouldn’t have been surprised if the Club and or Jane decided to part ways this Summer though.

Now that we know she’s here for the coming Season then let’s hope she stays injury free, gets her sharpness back, helps us win the League and improves our young strikers like Laura Berry kick on.

When would be the last time City finished that low?

Many years ago I presume?

I could even see Partick overtake them soon as they seem on the up as well

Agree with you. Seen it coming though, more teams the better. City are a good thing for the league. Hope they can keep in there.

Reactions: GF1
With our firepower up top, it was poor wee got out scored from the hags from the east. Should have won the title with so much firepwer.
We looked and played like “Champions” first half of the Season but a combination of injuries to key players and our strikers missing chances contributed to unexpected points dropped second half.

Meanwhile over in the East End they signed Natasha Flint on loan in January who made a massive contribution in both link up play and goals which in my opinion turned them from also rans to Champions.

We looked and played like “Champions” first half of the Season but a combination of injuries to key players and our strikers missing chances contributed to unexpected points dropped second half.

Meanwhile over in the East End they signed Natasha Flint on loan in January who made a massive contribution in both link up play and goals which in my opinion turned them from also rans to Champions.
Yip, dunno if Jane Ross is the answer since that injury. Hardy should have started more.

Champions League draw on Friday for round 1 at 12 noon UK time

League path:

Pot 1: seeded
Arsenal Women FC (ENG) 57.999
Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) 34.633
Paris FC (FRA) 26.666
AC Sparta Praha (CZE) 26.466
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) 24.799
AFC Ajax (NED) 23.400
Brøndby IF (DEN) 22.350
FC Minsk (BLR) 21.100

Pot 2: unseeded
Breidablik (ISL) 18.050
ACF Fiorentina (ITA) 16.800
Rosenborg BK (NOR) 9.300
Sporting CP (POR) 6.800
Linköping FC (SWE) 6.499
Rangers LFC (SCO) 6.400
First Vienna FC 1894 (AUT) 4.250
FC Kolos Kovalivka (UKR) 3.800

In the league path, the teams are divided into two pots: seeded and unseeded.

The eight seeded clubs in Pot 1 are drawn into home team positions for the semi-finals of the groups in numerical order, starting with Group 1 and completing the draw with Group 4, by the same method as the champions path.

The eight unseeded clubs in Pot 2 are drawn into away team positions for the semi-finals of the groups in numerical order, starting with Group 1 and completing the draw with Group 4, by the same method as the champions path.

Round 1 (one-venue mini-tournaments)
Semi-finals: 4 September
Finals/third-place play-offs: 7 September

Champions League draw on Friday for round 1 at 12 noon UK time

League path:

Paris FC (FRA) 26.666
AFC Ajax (NED) 23.400
Brøndby IF (DEN) 22.350
FC Minsk (BLR) 21.100

Breidablik (ISL) 18.050
Rosenborg BK (NOR) 9.300
Sporting CP (POR) 6.800
Linköping FC (SWE) 6.499
Rangers LFC (SCO) 6.400

The eight seeded clubs in Pot 1 are drawn into home team positions for the semi-finals of the groups in numerical order, starting with Group 1 and completing the draw with Group 4, by the same method as the champions path.

The eight unseeded clubs in Pot 2 are drawn into away team positions for the semi-finals of the groups in numerical order, starting with Group 1 and completing the draw with Group 4, by the same method as the champions path.

What’s the vibe for this CL round are we out of our depth or decent opportunity so long as we don’t draw likes of Arsenal ?

Glasgow City are stepping up their recruitment this week Lisa Evans is rumoured to be returning to them after leaving Bristol City.

Feels like we need a Europa League type tourney to allow us to develop beyond the domestic league which is a bit of a hindrance / cultural limitation .
There is a second competition coming but it won't start until 2025/26. It isn't like the Europa League it's going back to a knockout competition but will involve more teams from the smaller leagues. Some of the Teams that don't make the Champions League will also get a chance to play in it .

Last edited:
Glasgow City are stepping up their recruitment this week Lisa Evans is rumoured to be returning to them after leaving Bristol City.
Oor Lisa - nice girl and great servant of Scotland - barely kicked a ball for the Robins and has been ineffectual for Scotland, too. I don't see that as a great signing.

Bristol City - just relegated - have Jamie Lee Napier, Amy Rodgers, Abi Harrison plus Evans - all Scottish internationalists. I'd love us to take wee Jamie-Lee - she'd fit us like a glove and is a blue-nose. Rodgers would stroll it 'up here' but probably has higher ambitions plus supports 'them'.

Oor Lisa - nice girl and great servant of Scotland - barely kicked a ball for the Robins and has been ineffectual for Scotland, too. I don't see that as a great signing.

Bristol City - just relegated - have Jamie Lee Napier, Amy Rodgers, Abi Harrison plus Evans - all Scottish internationalists. I'd love us to take wee Jamie-Lee - she'd fit us like a glove and is a blue-nose. Rodgers would stroll it 'up here' but probably has higher ambitions plus supports 'them'.

I think she only joined Bristol City in January, Glasgow City was her first team so I would imagine it's a emotional decision for her .

Not a bad player but pretty one dimensional don’t you think ?
Tall, strong, fast, loves a goal. Disappears for long periods in games and has not performed well in her few appearances for Scotland.

BUT she's only 22 and has bags of potential. Good move for her out of her City comfort zone. She'll do well.

Made a baws of predicting that Mason Clark would be the Mia of 2024/25. She's off to M'well on a year's loan:

Unless we've a couple of midfielders incoming, I can't help but think that's a mistake.

I'd have kept her - and given her game time - until the winter window.

Champions League draw today for round 1 at 12 noon UK time

League path:

Paris FC (FRA) 26.666
AFC Ajax (NED) 23.400
Brøndby IF (DEN) 22.350
FC Minsk (BLR) 21.100

Breidablik (ISL) 18.050
Rosenborg BK (NOR) 9.300
Sporting CP (POR) 6.800
Linköping FC (SWE) 6.499
Rangers LFC (SCO) 6.400

Arsenal are the hosts

We’re excited to announce that we will host the upcoming UEFA Women's Champions League Round 1 mini-tournament at Meadow Park.

Our Gunners have been drawn in Group 3 alongside Rangers, Atletico Madrid and Rosenborg with all matches taking place at the home of our long-time partners, Boreham Wood Football Club.

Round 1 qualification is a four-team mini-tournament, featuring two semi-finals, followed by a third-place play-off and a final. We’ll play Rangers in our semi-final on Wednesday 4 September (kick-off time to be confirmed). The other semi-final between Atletico Madrid and Rosenborg will also be on the same day.

The third-place play-off and final will both take place on Saturday 7 September.

Ticket information and kick-off times will be shared in due course.

Back