Rangers Women Sign Kirsty Howat From Glasgow City

jf6dQQX.jpg

I don't really know much about the woman's game but from what I've heard Glasgow City where in the champions League not long ago. If Kirsty is one of their top players then it'll be a good addition.

They still are. Their manager was on Radio Scotland at the weekend talking about they had a game in Spain against Wolfsburg and were only making it because James Anderson is funding the trip. They couldn't afford to charter their own flight to follow Corona virus rules.

You'd assume Kirsty will be joining after this game.

They still are. Their manager was on Radio Scotland at the weekend talking about they had a game in Spain against Wolfsburg and were only making it because James Anderson is funding the trip. They couldn't afford to charter their own flight to follow Corona virus rules.

You'd assume Kirsty will be joining after this game.

Jesus. The government and the SFA should give more funding to the women's game if that's the case.

Last edited:
Has their been any indication when their League will start backup? are the other clubs financially in a position to resume?

Jesus. The government and the SFA should give more funding to the women's game if that's the case.

Na. Nikla posing in front of the telly with a smile and a thumbs up is all the women's game needs... apparently.

No offence meant, but is woman fitba really a thing, or is everyone just being polite?

Do they play at Ibrox and get reasonable crowds? They certainly seem to get equal coverage on the club website.

Anytime I’ve watched woman’s game the standard has been below even juniors level

No offence meant, but is woman fitba really a thing, or is everyone just being polite?

Do they play at Ibrox and get reasonable crowds? They certainly seem to get equal coverage on the club website.

Anytime I’ve watched woman’s game the standard has been below even juniors level

Yes. No. Not yet, but I don’t think it’ll be long before they do. If you could time an Old Firm game during an international weekend and host it at Ibrox, why not?

There are plenty of young bears who grew up wanting to pull on the shirt and run out of Ibrox, and if that now includes young girls who can do the same then all the better for it.

Yes. No. Not yet, but I don’t think it’ll be long before they do. If you could time an Old Firm game during an international weekend and host it at Ibrox, why not?

There are plenty of young bears who grew up wanting to pull on the shirt and run out of Ibrox, and if that now includes young girls who can do the same then all the better for it.
I wasn’t questioning the validity of woman’s football, just the parity of coverage it gets.

I take it they play at Auchenhowie then and it’s behind closed doors?

Can someone clear it up for me then....

Is our woman's team currently able to play in the champions league if they win the domestic?

Last edited:
Womans league was stopped with Rangers on top,granted it was only one game in but it's very important as to what happens. They will either have to do one of three things
1. Void the league
2. Make Rangers champions
3. Or restart the league from where they left off.

There are still games to be played in last seasons womans champions league, UEFA will need to know which Scottish teams are being put forward for the next champions league, problem is as it stands they can't unless they award the title to Rangers ladies, restarting the league won't make a difference as the next woman's champions league games will be underway long before the woman's league is finished.

Can't honestly see them awarding Rangers ladies the title after only one game played, so what do they do ?

I wrote an email to the WSFL four weeks ago asking the same questions, not surprised in the least that they seem to follow the lead of their big brothers at the SPFL in not responding.

Glasgow City will become much like Queens Park in the men's game. They will be successful until Rangers and Celtic start to take the women's game seriously.

Yeah this will be the case now. Rangers are 1st to go professional so can pay them far more.

Glasgow City are always in the CL and seem to win everything. Hopefully Rangers can take over this and start winning titles.

As long as it's Rangers it doesn't matter if it's the men's, women's or under 12s I will still wish them well and hope they win trophies.

It will attract new revenue and interest for the club for very little outlay

Have us and Celtic ladies not went full time? If so would imagine more signings like this will follow.
Think they are only semi pro just now and will move up to fully pro.

Glasgow city have loads of good players and one or two going to a rival team won't really do much damage to them,they have by far the best players in the league closely followed by Hibs.

When you have one team with all the best players,winning everything and totally dominating for over the last decade, It kind of makes a mockery in the womens game using the word "competitve".

I'd like to see Rangers ladies make a few more signings and get better players in, one really good player they could have snapped up from Hibs was Jamie Lee Napier before she went to Chelsea,pretty sure she is also a good bluenose,midfield player who before she left scored 22 goals in 33 games.

Erin Cuthbert was at Rangers ladies and we let her go to Glasgow City,pretty sure she was only 16 when she was released.

Another good player from Glasgow city is a girl called McKlintock,quick and a good finisher with both feet,Claire Shine is good player as well and the big beanpole girl in their defence is pretty solid and scores a few with her head at set pieces.

Hopefully now the ladies team with better players,better training and semi pro can improve and start putting up a challenge.

Back