Rangers Women v Ferencevaros, Champions League qualifier, live on Youtube, 7pm

Watching on the phone so couldn't comment on the thread but that was a great performance. Brogan just gives us something a bit special when she's on it.

Wonder if the physical approach of the Hungarians impacted Malky’s team selection. Was odd seeing us line up without either of Arnot, Hay or Howatt.

Great result. No doubt another toughie against PAOK on Sunday.

Thought we were fortunate in truth although we alway looked more threatening than they did. Imagine we will need to play better than that against PAOK and retain the ball much better.

Esson looks like a real upgrade and handles the ball well.

Onto Sunday cant wait.

Were calls to sign the Glasgow City goalie
She sold at least 1 tonight

Big game Sunday now, if we get through it we absolutely need to get out in numbers for the 2nd playoff round. Hopefully there’s no clashes with the mens team
I think it’ll be tough to get another win - hill injury, fatigue, sun etc. We didn’t look great when middag went to centre half - we don’t really have another big holder or ‘blocker’ to sit in front of front 4.

Thought kerr and mclaughlan were great. No other real stand outs - everyone kinda just did their thing well.

I think it’ll be tough to get another win - hill injury, fatigue, sun etc. We didn’t look great when middag went to centre half - we don’t really have another big holder or ‘blocker’ to sit in front of front 4.

Thought kerr and mclaughlan were great. No other real stand outs - everyone kinda just did their thing well.
Our No. 9. :rolleyes:

Pitch was shocking but a good result for the women. They’ll take confidence in to Sundays game.

Also her shooting has no power 3 good chances missed.
Normally does. Probably the most powerful striker in the Scottish league.

She's just coming back from injury, wasn't heavily involved in pre season, and isn't match sharp. She rocketed one in on Sunday after coming off the bench.

How many rounds from the groups?
This was a semi that leads to the "final".

Winner of that goes into Round 2, two legged play off.

Winner of that goes in the groups, and there are 6 games them I think.

Massive task to go any further, but having a coefficient points now (no idea how many) will help for next year

Well done to our women

Play PAOK on Sunday at 2.30pm UK time for a place in the Round 2 of the qualifying

Round 2
Draw Sept 1st
Games 2 legs Sept 20th/21st & 28th/29th

FYI
Thanks, you've just solved my curiosity as to why we were playing in Salonika.

That will be a hard task on Sunday at that time of the day.

Anyway, a great victory for us tonight, they played well, although I thought we maybe tired towards the end.

The Nine's sports report.

3 min on Hearts with Craig Levein in the studio

1 min on the Glasgow City game ( Beat 3-1) with some of their goals.

5 Secs at the end mentioning our score and saying its on to the next leg ( It was a one legged tie)

Thought we were fortunate in truth although we alway looked more threatening than they did. Imagine we will need to play better than that against PAOK and retain the ball much better.

Esson looks like a real upgrade and handles the ball well.

Onto Sunday cant wait.
Not been fully convinced by Essen yet, she seems unsure comming for some crosses.
Jenna has been prone to mistakes but was excellent in the second half of last season. Her concentration levels were spot on and her decision making on when to run and clear a ball seemed to be much better.
Think the competition for the No 1 spot ain't fully decided yet.

Over 90 mins? Yes. Kerr and Mclaughlan deserve their plaudits. And Danielsson deserved MotM as her 2nd goal was immense as much for its timing as its finish.

Malky got his subs right, though. Howatt should have scored 2x - she'll be kicking herself - but she took up the right positions.

A decent outing against the sort of opposition we don't face in the SWPL.

There's a Dutch lass who plays for FC Twente, she's 22.

Has made 106 domestic career appearances scoring 90 goals, 19 games for Netherlands - 21 goals. She scored 6 tonight in a 13-0 win for Twente, maybe Rangers could tempt her.

There's a Dutch lass who plays for FC Twente, she's 22.

Has made 106 domestic career appearances scoring 90 goals, 19 games for Netherlands - 21 goals. She scored 6 tonight in a 13-0 win for Twente, maybe Rangers could tempt her.
When does the window close? Try as she did tonight I am not convinced my Kayla McCoy.

Also, although Hannah Davison is a magnificent specimen of humanity she is a million miles away from being a 'blood and snotters' defender.

Now that Glasgow City have been 'papped oot' of the UWCL could we tempt Jenna Clark?

Back