Rangerstv email reply

My stream was buffering a lot and I was about 5 mins behind by ht. second half was perfect.
I’d rather the club had the 9.99. I could have watched it for free on alternative streams but chose to give the money to my Team so wouldn’t ask for money back. (not a dig at anyone asking for a refund)

Last edited:
It buffered so bad in the pub we watched it in first half that the stream was 6 mins behind.

Normally not a problem but some guy decided he wanted to watch it in real time so got his phone out and watched the game 6mins ahead of everyone else on his phone.

RTV cut out at HT and we couldn't get it back on again till 75 mins.

overall a pretty sh1t experience

It buffered so bad in the pub we watched it in first half that the stream was 6 mins behind.

Normally not a problem but some guy decided he wanted to watch it in real time so got his phone out and watched the game 6mins ahead of everyone else on his phone.

Nobody in the pub able to advise him to adjust the Quality setting? Normally sorts out any buffering issues.

RTV usually perfect for me but was a disaster last night.

RTV website wouldn't load and the europa.rangers.co.uk link wouldn't let me login with my RTV details. Thankfully RTV website started working again at around 60mins so I caught the end of the game.

If RTV are going to offer an away European QR4 match exclusively then they should be prepared for thousands, if not tens of thousands, additional connections.

Understand entirely (due to my work) that this is most likely an unprecedented number of connections, however, it was pretty fuc*ing obvious there would be increased numbers. With any scenario like this there should be contingencies in place and at the very least some information on how troubleshoot it sent via e-mail as not everyone is on Twitter.

Unprecedented or not it was a complete and utter shambles.

Don't want the money back just don't want it happening again.

If RTV are going to offer an away European QR4 match exclusively then they should be prepared for thousands, if not tens of thousands, additional connections.

Understand entirely (due to my work) that this is most likely an unprecedented number of connections, however, it was pretty fuc*ing obvious there would be increased numbers. With any scenario like this there should be contingencies in place and at the very least some information on how troubleshoot it sent via e-mail as not everyone is on Twitter.

Unprecedented or not it was a complete and utter shambles.

Don't want the money back just don't want it happening again.

The entire official website crashed mate, not just the RangersTV element. I'd guess that would deny them access to mailing lists etc.

I only found out about the alternate link from reading it on here.

I'm a subscriber and not interested in any refund - but I would be interested to hear them come out with a detailed explanation of what went wrong and how they will address it in future.

Watched it fine, couple of fuzzy pics at point but apart from that, was good.

Wonder how many folk bought it?

Only heard of buffering for the personal £9.99 package. Not for the package that was bought by pubs clubs etc...

What was your bad experience? I saw every second of it with a perfect picture.

Glad you're connection was fine

I couldn't get access at all - despite trying for 40 minutes before kick- off & over a dozen times during the match - gave up when I kept getting the same error messge 10 minutes after start of 2nd half

Really annoying - especially when I've had 3 trouble free successful transmissions already this season

Didn't have any issues because I immediately dived on to FF when the page wouldn't load and found the alternative link. Best thing to do if having issues is to refer here @rangerstv on twitter

The entire official website crashed mate, not just the RangersTV element. I'd guess that would deny them access to mailing lists etc.

An automated e-mail should have gone out pre-match giving step by step guides on where to connect, how to login, how to change the settings etc...
That's not much to ask and if folk don't read it that's a different story.

Original point was, they knew thousands / tens of thousands of additional connections would be made so their service should have been upgraded to handle it.
If that was not technically possible then again tell people we are taking an unprecedented load and there may be issues so here is what to do.

Instead the full service failed for 'x' number of people, and no one had a clue what to do about it.

Glad you're connection was fine

I couldn't get access at all - despite trying for 40 minutes before kick- off & over a dozen times during the match - gave up when I kept getting the same error messge 10 minutes after start of 2nd half

Really annoying - especially when I've had 3 trouble free successful transmissions already this season

I'm sorry to here about that, mate.

Come to think about it, I actually got in on the alternative link that was posted on here.

I'm sorry to here about that, mate.

Come to think about it, I actually got in on the alternative link that was posted on here.
Yeah - I got 'nearer' on that link too but for some reason it wouldn't accept my log in details & after multiple attempts froze up completely

I never seen the whole 1st half due to not been able to log in as it froze and continued to come up error... got to see the 2nd half though , wasn’t happy about it as if our club are going to buy rights to games in the future then we should have the capability to screen the games for tens if not hundreds of thousands to see without a glitch

Pubs were to pay the club £250 for the stream. I think they were in through a different portal.

Disappointing if 'rangers pubs' were not paying the club the money tbh.
I knew pubs were to pay the £250 but was unaware they got special treatment over individual purchases?

Pretty poor if that's the case

I knew pubs were to pay the £250 but was unaware they got special treatment over individual purchases?

Pretty poor if that's the case
As I say I THINK they were through a different portal, and if that is the case it's not poor at all in my opinion. It's a big outlay for them and if the stream fails they could be out a fortune as well as many angry punters.

Glitches like yesterday rarely happen. I couldn't get on to Rtv last night even though I am a regular. Something similar happened last year. Was it against Ufa? Anyhow, let's get through to the group stages next week. I'm sure Rtv will have learned some lessons from this episode.

My stream was buffering a lot and I was about 5 mins behind by ht. second half was perfect.
I’d rather the club had the 9.99. I could have watched it for free on alternative stream s but chose to give the money to my Team. (not a dig at anyone asking for a refund)
I never missed a minute, I suggest you check your Internet provider and the speeds or lack of them as that may be the cause.

The guy watching it live seems like an arsehole

We had a problem in a bar in Spain. The internet speed is fast, but the RTV website would not load up when we went to sign in. We watched the first half on a link with no commentator. RTV loaded up for the start of second half.

I've just e-mailed. Not about the fact the whole thing was a shambles and crashed 15 mins prior to kick off but just for the fact I was billed twice for the game due to RTV not recognising me purchasing it first time around.

Hopefully they refund one of the transactions.

I'm a subscriber and not interested in any refund - but I would be interested to hear them come out with a detailed explanation of what went wrong and how they will address it in future.
Same here.

Pubs were to pay the club £250 for the stream. I think they were in through a different portal.

Disappointing if 'rangers pubs' were not paying the club the money tbh.
This sounds plausible. I watched it in a pub, sanctioned and paid for, was perfect

The quality of the stream wasn’t great tbh. Found a free stream for the Celtic game after and it was actually better quality!

But it never cut and I saw every minute. I’d happily pay £10 to see every away game on Rangers TV.

Back