RangersTV Lineup announced tomorrow - Heart & Hand

Imagine caring that much about what fans of separate entity fc say? Madness, if Tom is being temporarily replaced to upgrade the service due to circumstances then fair enough, but to want it because Rolf FC fans watch it and might take the piss out of him is bizarre.

I don't actually care who commentates on the games. I don't even care if we have a commentator or not. All I want is to see the game.

I just think if the club are indeed going for a slicker production then there are better out there than Tom. Same as Andy Halliday was a good Rangers man but ultimately we went for better players.

I was asked for examples of when his commmetary had been used to mock us and provided them. It doesn't mean that I overly care about it.

Last edited:
Oh but what will the vermin say if we get Tydlesley? What will they say?? They'll mock us :( *sob*

Saying that theyve used Miller's commentary to mock us, which is accurate, is not the same as caring about it mate. But it has happened.

Fact is- if the club are going for a more professional output then Tyldsley is a huge upgrade. Like it or not

I wanted Clive Tyldesley way back when the virtual ST was first announced. Very impressive to actually go out and get him

Saying that theyve used Miller's commentary to mock us, which is accurate, is not the same as caring about it mate. But it has happened.

Fact is- if the club are going for a more professional output then Tyldsley is a huge upgrade. Like it or not
I agree Difference is I bet nobody knows who does the commentary on Potato TV over the years? Any clue?
therein lies the difference. People are being sensitive regardless of what they say. He's not polished and is more of a Fan TV commentator, it's definitely marmite with Tom and for this reason getting a Tyldesley type as anchor is a coup, Crocker was as rabid as they come on Saturday and with Tom the polar opposite then a neutral seems a fair compromise.

I agree Difference is I bet nobody knows who does the commentary on Potato TV over the years? Any clue?
therein lies the difference. People are being sensitive regardless of what they say. He's not polished and is more of a Fan TV commentator, it's definitely marmite with Tom and for this reason getting a Tyldesley type as anchor is a coup, Crocker was as rabid as they come on Saturday and with Tom the polar opposite then a neutral seems a fair compromise.

Spot on mate.

Would have much preferred Peter Drury if going down the Netural commentater route.

Nonetheless, Tyldsley would be decent.

Unlikely IMO.

I don’t mind Tom, but it wouldn’t make sense to fragment a rebranding.

I guess selectable audio channels might be possible though.

Thing is if Clive is do both why not wasn't he doing Aberdeen on Saturday?

The VST is a short-term thing and all clubs are needing to enhance coverage

The overseas coverage is separate agreement is not affected by it

We wouldn’t accept unprofessionalism in any other department so I don’t understand why we do on Rangers TV.

A new approach is needed and CT would be an excellent replacement.

Reactions: MSF
It's hardly the worst either. I'm sure every commentator has made an arse of it with their comments.

Anyway, I know I'm on a loser in defending Tom. But we're now finding new angles to criticise him when suggesting his words are used to "mock us" and give Celtic motivation.

Hardly the worst? He is a literal joke figure whose meanderings have been used to mock us on numerous occasions over the years. When Tom worked for Clyde he was nowhere near their main games. If he isn't good enough for them then he isn't good for us.

Tyledsley. Now there is a proper commentator. The best in the business for the biggest club. Fantastic coup if true.

Thing is if Clive is do both why not wasn't he doing Aberdeen on Saturday?

The VST is a short-term thing and all clubs are needing to enhance coverage

The overseas coverage is separate agreement is not affected by it
Wasn’t aware he did RTV on Saturday past, but I live overseas, so wouldn’t anyway unless someone posted it here.

Brand-splitting would be strange, however. From a club perspective, the only difference is a hyperlink for VST validation. Everything else is the same.

Time will tell, but the entire online matchday experience was planned for revamp a good while before Covid made its inaugural trip outside of Asia.

Last edited:
I expect this will only be for the games on the VST?
Tom will still be doing the away games.

Yes, undoubtedly. I don’t think folk have latched onto the fact the ‘enhanced coverage’ is likely to be for the home matches only. It’s a part of the VST package. Away games will continue to be the standard RangersTV fare with Tom the Comm. Which pleases me. Some on here seem inexplicably sensitive to comments by Dhimmy.

Last edited:
Yes, undoubtedly. I don’t think folk have latched onto the fact the ‘enhanced coverage’ is likely to be for the hone matches only. It’s a part of the VST package. Away games will continue to be the standard RangersTV fare with Tom the Comm. Which pleases me. Some on here seem inexplicably sensitive to comments by Dhimmy.
I don't mind Tom, not really, just sometimes he grates on me a wee bit, but he's ok...
I think most clubs TV commentators are pretty poor though, I remember years ago I had MUTV, LTV etc on my sky package and used to tune in for the odd match and they were beyond biased.

Wasn’t aware he did RTV on Saturday past, but I live overseas, so wouldn’t anyway unless someone posted it here.

Brand-splitting would be strange, however. From a club perspective, the only difference is a hyperlink for VST validation. Everything else is the same.

Time will tell, but the entire online matchday experience was planned for revamp a good while before Covid made its inaugural trip outside of Asia.

Yeah I knew they planning a revamp of it before Covid 19 kicked in

it will down any agreement why there is brand-splitting as you call it what you hear in the UK you might not hear it outside

We will have to wait and see

Tom has become very accomplished in last couple of years. Some people still seem to mock him for commentaries he did years ago, but he has clearly taken feedback on board and worked very hard to hone his technique.

I think he’s become very good now and would be disappointed if he is to be sidelined.

Think it’s fairly obvious it’ll be somewhat short term and only applicable to the VST games - I don’t think Tom is being permanently replaced.

In the coming months, our matchday line-up will include appearances from Walter Smith and Graeme Souness.

We are excited to welcome these club legends on RangersTV, with further insight coming from regular TV pundits and former Gers, Neil McCann & Alex Rae. Scotland Women’s National team coach, Shelley Kerr will complete the high calibre pundit team line-up.

Furthermore, we are very pleased to announce Clive Tyldesley and Tom Miller will share commentary duties on our home games.

A blend of first-team players will provide punditry and unique insight into the first team set up, with Nikola Katic set to join the team as he returns from injury. Emma Dodds will present our show having built a strong reputation for professionalism and knowledge of Scottish football.

Back