RangersTV Lineup announced tomorrow - Heart & Hand

I don't mind Tom, not really, just sometimes he grates on me a wee bit, but he's ok...
I think most clubs TV commentators are pretty poor though, I remember years ago I had MUTV, LTV etc on my sky package and used to tune in for the odd match and they were beyond biased.

To be honest, that's what you expect from a fans tv channel. To Hell with balance and impartiality, that's not why we buy it. I've seen the odd snippet from the DhimsTV and the idea that they have anything to laugh about as regards Tom the Comm is hilarious.

Last edited:
Good line up, feel a bit for tom miller though. Just hope shelly Kerr isn't hounded out the Scotland job because she has decided to do some work for rtv.
Don't understand why you'd feel sorry for Tom Miller. He's had a helluva run and is still involved.
I'm very pleased club has made a huge effort to upgrade
Of course none of us will like all the pundits and we can all think of ones we prefer
Saw someone mention Alex Miller's stint and would have to agree he was probably the best I've heard in terms of insight
One thing for sure is its a helluva step up from Tom and DJ and the weekly shout outs to the Temple Bar and "jokes" that would be considered too childish by the writers of the Beano

Have to applaud the club for that line up. First class.

Don’t understand the ire towards Rae? I don’t listen to RC Radio but I always found him to fine when he was on BT Sport.

Tyldesley has commentated on some massive moments in football. Man U v Bayern 1999, Liverpool v Milan 2005 I look forward to him commentating on the biggest of them all. The match that clinches #55.

They had me handing over my money as soon as they mentioned Neil McCann

Sadly I cancelled my monthly overseas package at the start of lockdown so I lost the legacy monthly price. I'm assuming that if I take out a full year's overseas subscription I'll still be able to visit Europe via my vpn and watch from there?

I may have missed something, but who did we try and fail to get that you imply?

I agree the line up is excellent I can't see how any of them would be second choice.

I’m not sure that’s what the poster was implying.

My reading of it is the club have to be applauded for going after a great line up even if they hadn’t signed up, rather than they weren’t the 1st picks.

The club is getting praised for showing ambition and has gone for top names, getting them is terrific.

Minor worry I have there is that the release from the Club focusses solely on the live.rangers.co.uk website for the VST viewers with no mention of what us poor folk on the 'real' RangersTV will get.:( I'd be very surprised, and very disappointed, if we don't get the same package though.

And no McCoist is a wee bit of a surprise.

I will, hopefully, get a thread up today or tomorrow with tips and guidance for those who have still to redeem their Access Code and those who simply want to verify their account is set up and view the test stream. I've heard nothing about StreamAMG trying to address the issues, with Apple products in particular, though.

Minor worry I have there is that the release from the Club focusses solely on the live.Rangers.co.uk website for the VST viewers with no mention of what us poor folk on the 'real' RangersTV will get.:( I'd be very surprised, and very disappointed, if we don't get the same package though.

I will, hopefully, get a thread up today or tomorrow with tips and guidance for those who have still to redeem their Access Code and those who simply want to verify their account is set up and view the test stream. I've heard nothing about StreamAMG trying to address the issues, with Apple products in particular, though.

A lot of this is designed for the VST enhancement coverage

Yes the club were planning a revamp of online broadcasting but maybe Covid hasn't help it

Was wondering why Shelley Kerr was praising us on Sportscene.

Very, very good line up.
wonder if she will get another gig on sport scene. the wee main guy didnt seem to comfortable with her praise for the Rangers performance

Who do we think will be in the commentary box? One of the mentioned pundits or still guys like Andy Little etc?

Absolute pish.

**Kidding :p

That’s a fantastic lineup, the club have really went for it with this.

Smith and Souness involved at some stage too is wonderful.

I’m not sure that’s what the poster was implying.

My reading of it is the club have to be applauded for going after a great line up even if they hadn’t signed up, rather than they weren’t the 1st picks.

The club is getting praised for showing ambition and has gone for top names, getting them is terrific.

That makes sense, thought I had missed something. Cheers mate.

This is tremendous stuff.

I thought we would be looking at David Tanner initially as he was always decent. Was surprised to read he was doing Hibs TV. I watched a bit of the Hibs game on IPTV on Saturday and at half time he was just sitting in a random office with what must have been a player from Hibs women's team. He must be wondering what has happened to his career man. It looked a right depressing job.

A lot of this is designed for the VST enhancement coverage

Yes the club were planning a revamp of online broadcasting but maybe Covid hasn't help it

I'm sure we will get an answer from the Club soon - some Twitteratti is bound to ask - and I'd be surprised if the home match coverage is any different on the two channels. Away games will be normal RangersTV fare as well I'd expect.

Hopefully by the time the transfer widow closes we will have as much quality on the pitch as that commentary team that’s just been announced.

Can we unleash Souness and Smith on the players at half time if they’re not playing well

We are really pushing the boat out here ,moving up in class in many areas of the club ,bisgrove is working for his corn thats for sure .

On the pitch is where it now needs to be matched,that can hopefully start with some new signings .

We are all geared up for success .

I like him a hell of a lot more now.

I said the same but he is a massive upgrade on the usual gimps we are used to like Rob McLean, Liam BBC wanker etc
Tyldesley actually likes watching football for a start.

Scottish commentators do their absolute best to make it sound like it's a chore, with McLean one of the worst.

Excellent appointments by the club all round.

Saying that theyve used Miller's commentary to mock us, which is accurate, is not the same as caring about it mate. But it has happened.

Fact is- if the club are going for a more professional output then Tyldsley is a huge upgrade. Like it or not
This!

I’m sure Tom’s a nice guy but I cringe watching RTV sometimes because of how amateur it is. We’re making improvements right throughout the club which includes making RTV more professional.

For the record I don’t care what that lot across the city think of RTV, I care more about our own fans viewing experience.

Minor worry I have there is that the release from the Club focusses solely on the live.Rangers.co.uk website for the VST viewers with no mention of what us poor folk on the 'real' RangersTV will get.:( I'd be very surprised, and very disappointed, if we don't get the same package though.

Really can't see the club doing 2 broadcasts alongside each other so think overseas will be all good for this.

Back