RangersTV Lineup announced tomorrow - Heart & Hand

I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure where it directs the user. It is for all games, though, home & away.

Apparently it worked fine at the weekend, albeit a bit of buffering towards the end. Given the increased usage for Sunday, who knows.

Yep, I'm swithering. I'm not overly technical. I just want to sign in and get the game.

If its away games as well it has to be the 'real' RangersTV then mate. Should be fine.

Why shouldn't Tyldesely speak of past players if he knows what he's talking about? A commentator won't have a rapport with every club; rather, they'll do their research beforehand. Regardless, the guy has been involved in football for 30 plus years. It's really not inconceivable that he'd know of the Laudrup's, Gascoigne's and McCoist's of this world. The Clyde point was made to emphasize that someone down the pecking order there shouldn't be the main voice of a club like ours, but you make a fair point in that they're hardly a barometer of quality.

Fair enough if you prefer that kind of fan partisanship. For me, it's just not befitting Rangers and where we're headed. I'm assuming you've been watching Tom on RTV for years now and feel a bond with him that's borne out of familiarity, and I get that. But we're upgrading every facet of the club and this is another area that needs to be improved on. And that's before you get to the fact he's become a point of ridicule among other fans.

I've been with Tom a long time, going back to Rangers World and audio commentary of PSG in 2001. I also remember when RTV had a studio with guests - it is, though, still club tv so the analysis was rather anodyne. It'll be interesting to hear how far McCann, for example, may go if the players/manager warrant criticism.

I don't think an aging pro like Tyldesley is the future. It's not simply about partisanship, although it's an interesting point given the FF criticism of lot of what SKY and BT Sport do.

To me it's about emotion, experience and knowledge. Yes, Tyldesley will have impeccable research and offer some interesting points he learned this week about St Mirren. Ultimately, though, he doesn't care. It's a job. He'd rather be at any EPL ground.

I'm also not saying Tom is the best commentator and we can't do better. But when next May rolls around and we're set to clinch the title, who do I want in the commentary box? There's no question...

I've been with Tom a long time, going back to Rangers World and audio commentary of PSG in 2001. I also remember when RTV had a studio with guests - it is, though, still club tv so the analysis was rather anodyne. It'll be interesting to hear how far McCann, for example, may go if the players/manager warrant criticism.

I don't think an aging pro like Tyldesley is the future. It's not simply about partisanship, although it's an interesting point given the FF criticism of lot of what SKY and BT Sport do.

To me it's about emotion, experience and knowledge. Yes, Tyldesley will have impeccable research and offer some interesting points he learned this week about St Mirren. Ultimately, though, he doesn't care. It's a job. He'd rather be at any EPL ground.

I'm also not saying Tom is the best commentator and we can't do better. But when next May rolls around and we're set to clinch the title, who do I want in the commentary box? There's no question...

I'm similar to yourselves mate. Been listening to and watching with Tom for the best part of 13/14 years.

I'm just wondering if us bears abroad, who are not with NARSA etc, will get the new team.

Will be very disappointed if not.

I'm similar to yourselves mate. Been listening to and watching with Tom for the best part of 13/14 years.

I'm just wondering if us bears abroad, who are not with NARSA etc, will get the new team.

Will be very disappointed if not.

Irrespective of my personal preferences, it would be poor of the Club to differentiate. For your 240GBP annual subscription, you should get the same service.

The comment about sharing "commentary duties" might mean Tom taking over when Tyldesley can't do it.

EDIT: H&H Daily Update mentions Tyldesley will be working Champions League for CBS in the US. There's a CL game on the 12th when we're at home to St.Johnstone. Presumably that's when Tom will fill in.

Last edited:
It says they will share commentary duties.

Does that mean they will be working together or doing separate games?

It says they will share commentary duties.

Does that mean they will be working together or doing separate games?

I'd say separate games rather than together. Tom the Comm will obviously still be doing the away games on the 'real' RangersTV. He and Tyldesley will split the home games I'd say. No idea on what ratio will apply though. Maybe Tom the Comm will do all the midweek home games if Tyldesley can't make it - or maybe they will simply take turns every other game. I'd say the former would be more likely.

I don't do Twitter. Can somebody ask, if its not been asked already, whether the 'real' RangersTV viewers - overseas - will get the enhanced package with Tyldesley as well?

Yes, please can someone clarify this?

Indeed Unlimited subscribers will, got a response from them about this short time ago. Personal details removed from the screencap of course!

rqM9Pmy.png

Indeed Unlimited subscribers will, got a response from them about this short time ago. Personal details removed from the screencap of course!

rqM9Pmy.png

Hey, you're the man! Thank you for that. I expected, and hoped for, just that. Good to have it confirmed. I never thought to email them because everyone keeps saying they get no replies so thought Twitter might be the best route.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for clarifying that. Interesting to hear how NARSA are working it. Totally went out of my head that you couldn't meet up in bars any more.

Do the codes direct you to the live.Rangers.co.uk website? If they do then its the same one as season ticket holders. If its https://tv.Rangers.co.uk/ then its your regular service.

Renewing your RangersTV sub is going to cost a fair old whack - but will virtually guarantee you a problem-free experience. The 'live' website' is beset with issues, particularly for those using Apple devices unless they are prepared to go down the different browser route. You've seen, and commented, on some of the stuff LOL. Difficult call given the removal of the monthly Unlimited option.
It's the regular RTV site (and has to be, since NARSA is subscribed to both home and away games).

Seen some real shite comments on social media regarding wee Tom Miller, some like some don’t (I really like him) but don’t message him saying so! Just my opinion at the end of the day, we all have the right to like or dislike but theres ways and means of doing so, remember those who are the wee Mans also a bear.

Well said. I'm not a huge fan but I would always choose to listen to him over the other channels and I'm also happy to go with the majority of opinion.

Not fair to target anyone individually like that.

Well pleased with this line-up compare and contrast to the tims we are miles ahead of them in terms of quality and the fact Katic will be involved, whoever thought of that what a brilliant idea to get him involved.

Rangers World! That's a blast from the past. It's been 4 years for me, so I have quite a bit of catching up to do. Unfortunately my and Tam's relationship never really took off... ;)

Emotion, experience and knowledge are important, you're right, but in the digital landscape, so is flair and professionalism. Miller's style wouldn't be a big deal if he was only servicing a small audience, as was the case back in the day. Now, he's going out across all our social media channels, landing on thousands of feeds. These wee things matter. It's no harm to him — as we've seen on the playing side, when standards improve, there are inevitably casualties.

Anyway, I won't derail the thread further. I'm glad all subscribers will get the chance to listen to Clive!

This is brilliant news. No harm to Tom, but his commentary is sub par and more suites to an age when he was broadcasting to supporters clubs etc. The interviews with the co-commentator during the game drive me nuts.
The new lineup will enhance the product and I for one really enjoy Clive's commentary. Looking forward to seeing how this all pans out.

Hey, you're the man! Thank you for that. I expected, and hoped for, just that. Good to have it confirmed. I never thought to email them because everyone keeps saying they get no replies so thought Twitter might be the best route.

Thanks for the info.
I've found them to be quick when it's questions about the service and a bit slow to respond if it's anything technicall.

Would be disappointed if Andy Little and Tom aren't involved going forward. Enjoy both. It is a great lineup though.

Back