RangersTV Logging Out Issues Ongoing

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
A word of warning to all RangersTV users. Logging out is still an issue and it appears to be getting worse - with a problem actually logging out exacerbated by a definite time-lag in the system recognising you have logged out.

I‘ve just tried the following.

1. Logged in successfully on RangersTV website via my browser.
2. Tried to logout. It took several attempts but, eventually, the words Login appeared signifying I’d logged out. Closed the tab and went about my business.
3. Realised I’d forgotten something on RangersTV so opened a new tab and navigated to the website - only to find it now said Account rather than Login. This signified I was still logged in!
4. Tried to logout again and couldn’t. Closed tab, cleared cache/cookies then opened tab again. This time it showed me as logged out. Tested again and I was indeed logged out.
5. Opened the RangersTV App and tried to Login - only to get the ‘too many concurrent connections’ message.
6. Went back to the RangersTV website via my browser - half expecting an Account Blocked message - but I was able to Login via the website,

Crazy stuff - and I can’t find a way around it. I do have access via the website but can’t login in on the App. Will wait an hour or so and try the App again to see if it really is a time delay or a bigger problem and will update. At least I’m not blocked - yet.

EDIT:
Alright - an update.

I left it two hours after successfully logging out on the website and getting the 'too many connections' message when I tried to login on the App. This time, when I tried to login on the App, I was successful.

It seems clear therefore that even when you eventually manage to get logged out, clear cache/cookies and all the rest - there is STILL a lag before the 'system' recognises that logout has been completed. I've mentioned it to @Greg Marshall in another thread and asked if he can feedback to RangersTV/StreamAMG.

Last edited:
They really don't have a great system in place for this issue. I would imagine it's quite common for people to switch devices during a game because of issues with one of them but this 'too many connections' problem seems to prevent that.

On the iPad I’m finding I cannot log out, just have to remember to close the app or the webpage. I’ve had the account blocked message because my Son has been logged in while I obviously forgot to close the app , many password changes this summer:))

VB I had similar issues during the Dundee United match, I tried to log on with my iPhone couldn't get the game,( I'm not brilliant with devices)
So I tried later with my Samsung tablet, again no joy?
It came up later I my account was blocked .
RTV said they would send a new link for submitting a new password.
Eventually yesterday I managed to get it set up while using my phone , but trying to log out I could not do ?
Now I want to watch the games on my tablet but I'm wary of trying to log in in case I get blocked again.
It's a bit frustrating

A word of warning to all RangersTV users. Logging out is still an issue and it appears to be getting worse - with a problem actually logging out exacerbated by a definite time-lag in the system recognising you have logged out.

I‘ve just tried the following.

1. Logged in successfully on RangersTV website via my browser.
2. Tried to logout. It took several attempts but, eventually, the words Login appeared signifying I’d logged out. Closed the tab and went about my business.
3. Realised I’d forgotten something on RangersTV so opened a new tab and navigated to the website - only to find it now said Account rather than Login. This signified I was still logged in!
4. Tried to logout again and couldn’t. Closed tab, cleared cache/cookies then opened tab again. This time it showed me as logged out. Tested again and I was indeed logged out.
5. Opened the RangersTV App and tried to Login - only to get the ‘too many concurrent connections’ message.
6. Went back to the RangersTV website via my browser - half expecting an Account Blocked message - but I was able to Login via the website,

Crazy stuff - and I can’t find a way around it. I do have access via the website but can’t login in on the App. Will wait an hour or so and try the App again to see if it really is a time delay or a bigger problem and will update. At least I’m not blocked - yet.
They should hire you as to test out the bugs. Even the login page not working on some pages is a joke. Have to click onto buy and subscribe then login for it to work.

Really has me scunnered about using RTV. Imps game I paid £9.99 and had to get RTV email support to delete all my passwords . I watched the second half but anticipate the same problem today.
Also before renewing my annual RTV subscription at the point of payment they were charging the full £60 - I expected as a season ticket holder/ MyGers member to receive a small discount.
To help the club I didn’t ask for a refund for the lost games last season. Others I know did and received £120 back. I expected a better service for my loyalty. Now some fans I heard are chucking their £710 season ticket because they say they can get the game from other sites without the hassle. I prefer to continue to support the club and to be fair have had no issues with getting the league home games.

The whole ‘digital’ experience is not good. Not only from a reputational point of view, but the club must now be losing much needed additional income as a result.

I also had the same issue with the Lincoln Red Imps game, missed the kick-off as a result of resetting password. Hopefully they add a log out of all devices setting like Netflix has

Issues for me also, the app says my account is blocked. Website login using my phone says I'm signed in on too many devices and to "click here" to change my password. Takes me to another login page where my details are fine and I get into the site. I've made sure I'm logged out on all devices.

I'm assuming I'm not actually blocked although I did change from my phone to tablet at half time last week which might have seemed like I was passing out my login for others to watch.

The issue I have is deleting cache and cookies should not be a requirement to access RTV. I have so many log ins saved for different websites that use different passwords, if I need to try and remember all of them again it will take me forever.

Always seems to be one problem or another with RTV, I wonder if other big clubs go through the same.

I’ve went through about 3 password changes in last fortnight having not had any account access issues for the last 4 years.

Whilst I’m overseas I share my log-in with my dad back home and we both usually access the games via that. I had guessed they were clamping down on multiple log-ins on same account but so far the only game he wasnt able to log in and watch was the last home league game against Dundee Utd. Hibs away and Red Imps were fine

I'm just about to set up payment. Aside from this issue not sure about using same email address associated with my VST account. Is there any likelihood they will get them mixed up?

I was unable to get logged on last week for the Red Imps game. I have logged on already today in case there are issues but it is a very strange and annoying issue

Never had any problems, other than today.

OP describes the same problems I've had.

I've managed to reset my password on my mobile. And it looks like I'll be able to watch it on my phone. I'll take that. Not attempting to log back in on the laptop.

Strange that I've never had any issues before.

It really is a bit of a shambles. They've been at this for a long time and every improvement is followed by lots of other issues. I've used online streaming from numerous sports platforms - NFL, MLB, DAZN, Eleven Sports, Sky Go, BT Sport, Now TV, Premier Sports, NBC, Fox Sports & ESPN. All of these far surpass the Rangers TV experience.

The number of issues in regards to logging in is utterly ridiculous. That's before you get onto the stream quality and user interfaces. Rangers TV falls short in all categories. At least we have the score and time on screen now along with expanded live game coverage.

It's obviously an expense to get it right but I wish we would use a supplier with a proven record of delivering a high quality service to a large number of concurrent service users. If the SPFL had any sense they would use one single platform for delivery to make efficiency savings in set-up/implementation and still allow clubs to present their different offers via their website.

Long term, getting something like this right would make more sense for the SPFL to use in future negotiations with Sky/BT/Premier or whoever when the current 5 year deal expires. 3pm kick-offs MUST be a part of any new offer.

It is a total shambles and the way that the season ticket access to games is separate to normal login and the cross referring of pages to get you to various bits is terrible , getting confused as to when you are logged in or not ! I also had the issue of constantly being logged off during red imps when I was abroad last week, every time it buffered I found it had actually logged me out also !! Happened at least 10 times during the match !! Absolutely dire state of affairs with what should be absolutely bog standard implementation of known technology !

Iv just watched on my browser last few times as the app is just being a pain in the ass. Browser seems easier to get on to.

Alright - an update.

I left it two hours after successfully logging out on the website and getting the 'too many connections' message when I tried to login on the App. This time, when I tried to login on the App, I was successful.

It seems clear therefore that even when you eventually manage to get logged out, clear cache/cookies and all the rest - there is STILL a lag before the 'system' recognises that logout has been completed. I've mentioned it to @Greg Marshall in another thread and asked if he can feedback to RangersTV/StreamAMG.

VB I had similar issues during the Dundee United match, I tried to log on with my iPhone couldn't get the game,( I'm not brilliant with devices)
So I tried later with my Samsung tablet, again no joy?
It came up later I my account was blocked .
RTV said they would send a new link for submitting a new password.
Eventually yesterday I managed to get it set up while using my phone , but trying to log out I could not do ?
Now I want to watch the games on my tablet but I'm wary of trying to log in in case I get blocked again.
It's a bit frustrating

To make sure you are logged out on your phone I would do the following:

1. Try the logout button several times to see if it works.
2. Whether it does or does not, close the browser and clear your cache/cookies (if you don't know how to tell us the type of phone and help will be offered).
3. Open the browser and go to the RangersTV page and make sure the top right corner says 'Login' and not 'Account' - that indicates you have logged out.
4. And then todays dilemma - wait an hour or more before trying to login on another device.

Ludicrous, I know.

When this happens to me a just delete my browser history or cookies. Seems to revert it back to enable you to log in again.

Same. Shouldn't have to do this though. Game wouldn't work on my PC so wanted to log in on my phone instead. Was worried I would get questions over logging in on multiple devices.

Eventually got it working on a different browser so sorted in the end

It’s so poor. I missed the start of the game last week because of this. Emailed the support option. No response yet!
My dad is isolating pending an operation and he’s in his own with this.
Last week he had premier but this week I’ve tried to talk him through buying.
If he can’t get in tonight though I think he will completely give up with this.
This login/logout problem is a farce.
There is zero chance I will be able to get him to clear his cache!

I'd been watching away games via a VPN up to first part of last year. Experience was abysmal. Even though it's Rangers I refused to pay for shite stream anymore. Just watched pirate stream for free. Watching RTV home games this season as ST holder and improved quality I was thinking I'd go back to VPN. Then came the Imps shambles last week. Paid, couldn't get match, poor help from RTV. One more go tonight and if it's bad again I'll go back to pirate stream.

Greg this needs sorted as does the non intuitive website. If we want to be a world class brand we need to make it easy for people to engage with us via the internet.

The 'real' RangersTV website isn't that complicated mate. You want to buy a match you Login and click on the Subscribe and Buy tab and purchase it. If you want to watch the match live thereafter you click on the Live tab and the game is waiting for you to start the stream.

Just make sure you aren't logged in on multiple devices and that you actually use the 'proper' website and not the b*stard VST viewers one.

I'm on my smart TV and its not allowing me to log in. The RTV login function top right not working but if you click on Register next to it, it works fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm on my smart TV and its not allowing me to log in. The RTV login function top right now working but if you click on Register next to it it world fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?

got the exact same issue, why is it everything we do is so fucking amateur!!!

I have just been locked out of my account because it wouldn't let me login and I pressed the login button about 3 times as nothing was happening, now it has locked me out of my account and said to send a change password request by email as I was logged in too many times RTV login is shit I have now sent a change password request which I've did about 6 fu@king times and no email back.
I never get shit happening like this ever and get locked out and can't even get an email to change the password to try to login again, the whole thing is a fu@king shambles it's the worst site ever fu@king pissed off is not strong enough.

I have just been locked out of my account because it wouldn't let me login and I pressed the login button about 3 times as nothing was happening, now it has locked me out of my account and said to send a change password request by email as I was logged in too many times RTV login is shit I have now sent a change password request which I've did about 6 fu@king times and no email back.
I never get shit happening like this ever and get locked out and can't even get an email to change the password to try to login again, the whole thing is a fu@king shambles it's the worst site ever fu@king pissed off is not strong enough.

I think you can just click on the Forgotten Password bit mate to get a Password Reset. Probably too late now if you've sent the email.

I'm on my smart TV and its not allowing me to log in. The RTV login function top right not working but if you click on Register next to it, it works fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?
got the exact same issue, why is it everything we do is so fucking amateur!!!

Personally I wouldn't even consider using the browser on a tv since they are not listed as compatible, but it is what it is I guess. You are on the RangersTV website and not the b*stard live.rangers.co.uk one I assume? And you definitely aren't logged in on any other device, or on the App?

Personally I wouldn't even consider using the browser on a tv since they are not listed as compatible, but it is what it is I guess. You are on the RangersTV website and not the b*stard live.Rangers.co.uk one I assume? And you definitely aren't logged in on any other device, or on the App?

Rangers TV always works on my smart TV. I am on the Rangers TV website searched through Chrome on my TV as I always do. I'm logged out of the app and device (my phone) which I paid for the game with.

Every function on my TV is working on the RTV page bar login.

My issue is the opposite.It keeps logging me out after every video I watch.Tried all sorts.Safari on my iMac.
That happens to me when I watch a video on RTV via Firefox on my TV.

Ha, that's a common one. Same for me on Edge on a Windows 10 machine.

That might be the solution to the 'can't logout' problem - play a video then try to play another one and it will log you out. Job done!:)

Rangers TV always works on my smart TV. I am on the Rangers TV website searched through Chrome on my TV as I always do. I'm logged out of the app and device (my phone) which I paid for the game with.

Every function on my TV is working on the RTV page bar login.

See my OP about the issues I had logging out mate. I'd clear the cache/cookies on your phone, check again that your logged out on the App. After doing all that I still had to wait an hour before I stopped getting the 'too many concurrent connections' message. Not the same problem as you but related to multiple logins, which may be the root cause of your issue. Is there a means to clear cache/cookies on the tv browser as well? If so, I'd try that also.

Sad to say, this issue has been mentioned in posts before though - without resolution.

I've cleared every thing on TV and phone. I've paid £9.99 for the match and I am a RTV subscriber. I've just logged back on the the app on my phone, tried to watch the latest Connor Goldson video and supposedly;

No entitlement
Customer has insufficient entitlements.

I think you can just click on the Forgotten Password bit mate to get a Password Reset. Probably too late now if you've sent the email.
Forgotten password reset comes up with a window you put in your email and away it goes and you never get anything back, you know if someone had hacked this site I don't think it could be any worse they need to get the guys in who set this shit thing up boot their Rses severely and get it fixed properly.

I logged in on my iphone to buy the game earlier then went to watch the highlights afterwards on the app on my fire stick. The app wouldn’t work as said I was already logged in on another device. It wouldn’t let me log out though. I cleared history and cache on my phone and that did the trick.

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

Could you please try logging in again now - I have cleared all your currently logged-in sessions.

Kind regards,

--

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

To be fair to RTV that was a quick response. App now working as is login on my phone.

Smart TV still not working but I'll just cast it.

Forgotten password reset comes up with a window you put in your email and away it goes and you never get anything back, you know if someone had hacked this site I don't think it could be any worse they need to get the guys in who set this shit thing up boot their Rses severely and get it fixed properly.

You have checked your Junk Mail folder I assume?

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

Could you please try logging in again now - I have cleared all your currently logged-in sessions.

Kind regards,

--

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

To be fair to RTV that was a quick response. App now working as is login on my phone.

Smart TV still not working but I'll just cast it.

As I suspected, multiple logins was the problem. Or, more accurately, a failure or recognise you had logged out. There is definitely a lengthy time lag before the ‘system’ recognises the logout has taken place.

Back