RangersTV Logging Out Issues Ongoing

Paid for the game earlier today, logged into browser on the Xbox at 7.15pm and its been great again, touch wood.

Top left of screen there is an unmute button
Every time I press on it to get sound the picture jumps to another page

Do it in a private browser I’ve found helps , much easier than all other fixes I’ve seen. I either use my iPhone or my TV browser (Samsung 2020 model). Using private browser each time works perfect , none of the log in issues I had when trying to set my account and other season ticket holders in my groups with the loop that stuck in basically

Top left of screen there is an unmute button
Every time I press on it to get sound the picture jumps to another page

You using a Firestick? I've only ever seen that reported by Firestick users. Going full screen unmutes the sound without going anywhere near the Unmute button on a 'normal' browser, dunno about Silk on Firestick.

Do it in a private browser , do issues , much easier than all other fixes I’ve seen

I must remember that one - seen it reported a handful of times. Cant think why it would work unless its to do with cookies that were previously stored on accessing the site retaining the login info.

Hey @Valley Bluenose not sure if you'll know the answer to this one, or if anyone else does.

I have the £6/month package which is basically everything except live games. The full games are always available from midnight UK time, which is 5pm where I am.

Today, I avoided the score all afternoon, got home, waited until after midnight UK, signed in to RTV, tried to play the game only to be told I had no access to it. I refreshed a few times to no avail. To make it even more frustrating, it told me to click to buy the game but when I did that the option wasn't there, only the monthly and annual subscriptions, so I couldn't even get it on PPV.

Are the replays now not part of the monthly subscription?

To compound matters, I also tried it on different devices and of course didn't log in or log out of one properly, and my account is disabled. :rolleyes:

Hey @Valley Bluenose not sure if you'll know the answer to this one, or if anyone else does.

I have the £6/month package which is basically everything except live games. The full games are always available from midnight UK time, which is 5pm where I am.

Today, I avoided the score all afternoon, got home, waited until after midnight UK, signed in to RTV, tried to play the game only to be told I had no access to it. I refreshed a few times to no avail. To make it even more frustrating, it told me to click to buy the game but when I did that the option wasn't there, only the monthly and annual subscriptions, so I couldn't even get it on PPV.

To compound matters, I also tried it on different devices and of course didn't log in or log out of one properly, and my account is disabled. :rolleyes:

Your subscription is fine mate. Im in the same boat (Australia) and unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened

5th time this season I've tried watching a full game replay, only be told I don't have required package.

Emails to support don't help, especially in my case because of time difference.

Only reassurance I can give you is the fact that the problem is on their end.

Speaking from experience, It will end up working, it's 1pm here now. Normally get an email around 6/7pm apologising and saying it's now working.

It's beyond amateurish btw

Your subscription is fine mate. Im in the same boat (Australia) and unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened

5th time this season I've tried watching a full game replay, only be told I don't have required package.

Speaking from experience, It will end up working, it's 1pm here now. Normally get an email around 6/7pm apologising and saying it's now working.

Thanks mate. I got to watch the game but on someone else's account. I've emailed RTV as well.

Unbelievably shoddy.

RTV really need to get their act together and stop cutting people off for perceived multiple logins.
Last night I tried to log on to my account to watch a couple of interviews but it never actually logged me in, so I tried again, same thing so after a few more tries with no result it locked my account and said I was logged in too many times how can you log in too many times from the one connection on my laptop it just never logged me on at all that I could see.
I then proceeded to try and change my password and sent the reset email for the link many times and never got a return email with a link, I'm still waiting.
I then emailed rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com that was at 2.30am Melbourne time and over 1 hour later no one had got back to me so I sent another 4 emails and eventually got an email reply from A*****k and his reply email said to use the password reset link and if I needed more help just email rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com :mad: Aargh.

FFsake I had just spent well over an hour and the automatic reset was not sending any link back.
So I sent more emails used another email address as well to see if I could get someone to help/reply as someone else had, and to clear the logins so that I could get to watch the game.
Eventually at 4.29am (the game kicked off at 5am Melbourne time) Dunc m got back to me from RTV and gave me a new temp password and cleared the logins so I got on thanks to Dunc m.
I watched the preamble with Craigy Moore and big Mark and thats all I remember until I woke up in the recliner with the laptop playing out the last 15 mins of the game. Good result extremely bad experience, Greg Marshall SLO, we need you take the mantle and do something to get this fixed once and for all on our behalf, it never happens to me on any other website so something is wrong.

Last edited:

I don’t know the answer to why you couldn’t view it mate. However, I do know from previous posts on here that games are very rarely available for UK subscribers at the ‘promised’ midnight UK time, as you are probably aware. Those with the Unlimited (overseas) subscription tend to have them available within a couple of hours of the match ending as I’ve used that service myself.

The blocking of your account due to multiple logins probably wasn’t your fault - as you will gather from the OP. I reckon there’s a delay of more than an hour in the ‘system’ recognising you have logged out, which is crazy. The SLO has emailed the early part of this thread to the providers to make them aware. Needs sorted as it’s been around since Feb and is getting worse. To unblock your account the easy way is to go down the Forgotten Password route. You should get a reset mail almost instantly. One of your compatriots wasn’t receiving his yesterday but many posters later were so no idea what was going on there - it’s an automated process. If you don’t get the reset message then it’s an email to Support I’m afraid.

You using a Firestick? I've only ever seen that reported by Firestick users. Going full screen unmutes the sound without going anywhere near the Unmute button on a 'normal' browser, dunno about Silk on Firestick.
Aye mate my mate set up for me that way

I had a nightmare with RTV last night & ended up just watching a pirate stream. I feel dirty.

Hopefully get my account unlocked in time for the Motherwell game on Sunday, that'll be the last match I get on my current overseas subscription.

I’m actually surprised that people are upset and angry at this still being an issue at least six months down the line. Much like the debates over season ticket issues, the Castore shambles - they’ve got their money out of us and don’t really give a shit. It seems to be the current way at the club and has been for a while.

Convince me I’m wrong.

The ‘we should be grateful we still have a club at all’ excuse for things not being done right has a limited lifespan.

I’m actually surprised that people are upset and angry at this still being an issue at least six months down the line. Much like the debates over season ticket issues, the Castore shambles - they’ve got their money out of us and don’t really give a shit. It seems to be the current way at the club and has been for a while.

Convince me I’m wrong.

The ‘we should be grateful we still have a club at all’ excuse for things not being done right has a limited lifespan.

RTV seems to work for the majority though. Last night is the first time I've had an issue in years. Even at that, it is more of my own doing than anything the club done.

RTV seems to work for the majority though. Last night is the first time I've had an issue in years. Even at that, it is more of my own doing than anything the club done.
There’s no excuse for them taking six months to fix an issue that was flagged up to them right at the start mate. None.

How many other websites do you use on a regular basis - especially ones you pay to use or buy stuff from - and you find you can’t log out?

I had a nightmare with RTV last night & ended up just watching a pirate stream. I feel dirty.

Hopefully get my account unlocked in time for the Motherwell game on Sunday, that'll be the last match I get on my current overseas subscription.
Something more than us just posting on here needs to be done about it, there is no point in emails to RTV because that's where the problem is and they band aid it and that doesn't resolve the overall problem.
Who at Rangers will take it on and get things resolved once and for all, I just sent an email to Greg Marshall he probably reads this stuff anyway.

Last edited:
I just got a quick reply from Greg Marshall SLO saying that he will look into it, but that the single log in was imposed by the SPFL ( that lot ) and they don't know if they can do much about it.
At least Greg got back to me quick smart, that's impressive hopefully he can help us all out.

I don’t know the answer to why you couldn’t view it mate. However, I do know from previous posts on here that games are very rarely available for UK subscribers at the ‘promised’ midnight UK time, as you are probably aware. Those with the Unlimited (overseas) subscription tend to have them available within a couple of hours of the match ending as I’ve used that service myself.

The blocking of your account due to multiple logins probably wasn’t your fault - as you will gather from the OP. I reckon there’s a delay of more than an hour in the ‘system’ recognising you have logged out, which is crazy. The SLO has emailed the early part of this thread to the providers to make them aware. Needs sorted as it’s been around since Feb and is getting worse. To unblock your account the easy way is to go down the Forgotten Password route. You should get a reset mail almost instantly. One of your compatriots wasn’t receiving his yesterday but many posters later were so no idea what was going on there - it’s an automated process. If you don’t get the reset message then it’s an email to Support I’m afraid.

Thanks VB, appreciate the detailed reply. I've never had an issue at home with the game not being available at midnight UK but we have at our supporters club a couple of times. The game was available though, that's the frustrating thing, it just said I had no access to it. Anyway, email sent to support last night but no reply yet.

Agree 100% with you mate.

I’m in the UK on the £6 a month package.

Tried to watch the game at 3am and it wasn’t available likewise at 6.30am

Luckily I was able to juggle my day and have just finished watching it now having avoided the score.

I took this up with Rangers before (Hibs game 2-1 last season) didn’t really get any answers. Get the impression it’s not a technical issue just whether the guy who’s job it is to make the game available at midnight UK time can be arsed or not.

For £6 a month the package is outstanding value. Nevertheless it’s far from right to advertise that something will be available at midnight when it so frequently isn’t and then to compound the issue by offering no sort of explanation

I just got a quick reply from Greg Marshall SLO saying that he will look into it, but that the single log in was imposed by the SPFL ( that lot ) and they don't know if they can do much about it.
At least Greg got back to me quick smart, that's impressive hopefully he can help us all out.

@Greg Marshall indicated in a post yesterday that he'd forwarded some of the details from this thread to the 'gurus' yesterday. As I understand it the single login is indeed imposed by the SPFL and, to be honest, I can see why Rangers would support that. However, I do NOT see that as being the issue here. Most of us are well capable of working around only being logged in on one device at a time, even if it can be a little inconvenient.

The real issue is that the whole system falls down if you are unable to logout of one device, or have to wait over an hour for that logout to register, before you are able to login on another. That leads to the 'too many connections' messages and, even worse, the 'account blocked' messages. Furthermore, that is not a new issue - the problematic logout has been prevalent since February this year but hasn't really impacted on most users until the multiple login rule came in.

@Greg Marshall it would be good if you were able to update us at some point with any feedback from StreamAMG/RangersTV that at least indicates they are working on a solution and a possible timeframe. If this continues to worsen then complaints are going to go through the roof at the next few home games where, I assume, we have massively increased logins/viewers.

@Greg Marshall indicated in a post yesterday that he'd forwarded some of the details from this thread to the 'gurus' yesterday. As I understand it the single login is indeed imposed by the SPFL and, to be honest, I can see why Rangers would support that. However, I do NOT see that as being the issue here. Most of us are well capable of working around only being logged in on one device at a time, even if it can be a little inconvenient.

The real issue is that the whole system falls down if you are unable to logout of one device, or have to wait over an hour for that logout to register, before you are able to login on another. That leads to the 'too many connections' messages and, even worse, the 'account blocked' messages. Furthermore, that is not a new issue - the problematic logout has been prevalent since February this year but hasn't really impacted on most users until the multiple login rule came in.

@Greg Marshall it would be good if you were able to update us at some point with any feedback from StreamAMG/RangersTV that at least indicates they are working on a solution and a possible timeframe. If this continues to worsen then complaints are going to go through the roof at the next few home games where, I assume, we have massively increased logins/viewers.

Unsure why they can't just limit access to the stream itself if that's the case? There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to watch interviews and highlights videos at half-time on Rangers TV, which I pay for, on a different device to the one I'm watching the game on.

Also, Rangers' game last night had nothing to do with the SPFL, so I don't see how that can be used as an excuse.

Unsure why they can't just limit access to the stream itself if that's the case? There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to watch interviews and highlights videos at half-time on Rangers TV, which I pay for, on a different device to the one I'm watching the game on.

Also, Rangers' game last night had nothing to do with the SPFL, so I don't see how that can be used as an excuse.

I'm not suggesting that problems last night were as a result of the multiple login SPFL rule simply highlighting that the introduction of that to RangersTV is having a huge impact not because of the rule but because folk can't logout on one device in order to view on another.

The SPFL rule, in this case, is eminently sensible (in truth it was probably imposed on them as part of the arrangement with Sky). If you could log in on multiple devices we all know fine well that VST viewers, for example, would be sharing their logins to mates all over the shop. Far easier to impose any restriction at login level rather than prevent access to specific content. I'm not sure that would even be technically possible but I'm only a layman rather than an expert.

The best solution I've heard, which I understand is fairly simple to implement, would be restricting users to any number of logins from a single IP Address. That would facilitate what you've suggested but would prevent sharing of logins to mates in other locations. I think it would work fairly easily. Yes, there would be scope for Dad to login and watch on his TV downstairs whilst the kids login on the XBox up in the bedroom - but that's no bad thing. :) It would prevent any skullduggery with shared logins which is, I assume, the primary target of the single login rule.

Having this issue for the first time today where it says my account is blocked and i'm logged in on too many devices when i'm not logged in on anything :mad:

Having this issue for the first time today where it says my account is blocked and i'm logged in on too many devices when i'm not logged in on anything :mad:

Try Forgotten Password for a password reset. You can re-use the existing password. If that doesn't work its an email to Support.

I don’t seem to have an issue logging in to RTV but I click on the game and audio is my only option. The video option just isn’t there for some reason.

Cheers buddy. Password reset worked, i just can't be arsed doing that every time I want to access RTV if this is going to become a theme.

SLO has made the providers aware of the issue, but its been kicking around since February. Password reset is a pain, but works. Alternative option might be clearing cache/cookies after EVERY visit to RangersTV on any device, be it via the website or the App.

Might be a pain but it is what it is, hopefully temporarily, if you can't be arsed you won't be watching sadly.

Tried logging out of the phone. Account got blocked so rest the password and tried again. Still nothing. Gone through this process a few times but nothing works. Can get only get in on the phone for some reason. Very frustrating.

RTV support got back to me today. First they said that the club were late to upload the game. When I pointed out that the game was actually uploaded, it was just that I didn't have access to it, they said "Sorry the club can sometimes take there (sic) time when giving user the correct entitlements".

I told them I wanted to take that further, so they asked which device I was using. I told them Silk browser on the Firestick and apparently they "can not guarantee accessibility and quality on an Amazon Firestick". First time I've ever had issues with it, and it sounds like they don't know what happened. I'll put this down to a (hopefully) one off.

RTV support got back to me today. First they said that the club were late to upload the game. When I pointed out that the game was actually uploaded, it was just that I didn't have access to it, they said "Sorry the club can sometimes take there (sic) time when giving user the correct entitlements".

I told them I wanted to take that further, so they asked which device I was using. I told them Silk browser on the Firestick and apparently they "can not guarantee accessibility and quality on an Amazon Firestick". First time I've ever had issues with it, and it sounds like they don't know what happened. I'll put this down to a (hopefully) one off.

Thats a bit of a cop-out in all honesty. They have a very/restrictive list of compatible devices which they can, and do, use as a get-out clause in relation to live matches. Looks like they are using it for replays as well. They are also careful to say match replays available at midnight ‘in most cases’.:rolleyes:

Live video streams are only available on the desktop/laptop and up to date mobile browsers on the official RangersTV website.

Please note, that it is your responsibility to ensure you are using compatible technology ahead of purchasing a live pass.

There's definitely something wrong with the website. I had the same issue too, can't remember how I got to logout but a website shouldn't leave you logged in when you're not using it.
There's usually a session timeout but actually pressing the log out button and it doesn't is just bad IT

There's definitely something wrong with the website. I had the same issue too, can't remember how I got to logout but a website shouldn't leave you logged in when you're not using it.
There's usually a session timeout but actually pressing the log out button and it doesn't is just bad IT

It’s shocking. I got to the point last week that I closed the tab, cleared cache/cookies, closed the browser, opened it again and it STILL had me logged in. In the end I had to repeat that process - and then wait an hour before I was ‘actually’ logged out.

Thats a bit of a cop-out in all honesty. They have a very/restrictive list of compatible devices which they can, and do, use as a get-out clause in relation to live matches. Looks like they are using it for replays as well. They are also careful to say match replays available at midnight ‘in most cases’.:rolleyes:

Live video streams are only available on the desktop/laptop and up to date mobile browsers on the official RangersTV website.

Please note, that it is your responsibility to ensure you are using compatible technology ahead of purchasing a live pass.

Yep. Three different reasons given because they can't get it right.

I’ve been watching on a Firestick for a while and generally it works great. Good quality picture and up until recently I was able to watch the games on the Firestick and then use my phone for highlights etc. during the week. the single log in thing is a pain, as I now need to use the same single device all the time (Firestick) as I don’t want to risk viewing on the RTV app. The RTV app is well laid out and easy to find stuff, but now I’m using the Silk browser on Firestick where it is more difficult to navigate. I agree with comments above in the thread,we should be able to log in to more than one device to view at different times, but I have no problem with only one stream for any account at the same time. Hopefully the SLO and others can try to address to find a better solution.

There’s no excuse for them taking six months to fix an issue that was flagged up to them right at the start mate. None.

How many other websites do you use on a regular basis - especially ones you pay to use or buy stuff from - and you find you can’t log out?

I’ve not been having log out issues for 6 months. Have only seen it mentioned in threads here recently. Unfortunate for you if you’ve been dealing with it that long.

You say you flagged it up right at the start? At the start of what?

I’ve not been having log out issues for 6 months. Have only seen it mentioned in threads here recently. Unfortunate for you if you’ve been dealing with it that long.

He’s right. Since February this year - when they launched the new RTV website I think - there had been an issue logging out. Usually it was fairly straightforward in that you clicked on the word Logout and nothing happened. Sometimes it would work after 3 or 4 attempts. Then it started to not work at all but if you closed the tab and then opened it again you would be logged out. It’s now got much worse.

If you read my account in the OP you will see that it took over an hour for a confirmed logout to actually register on the ‘system’. It’s still happening. To a degree we can work around that if there was nothing more to it. However, the new part of the equation is multiple logins leading to accounts being blocked. If you logout, and it doesn’t register before logging in elsewhere, your account can get blocked. It’s not acceptable and needs fixed. The next game available to VST viewers will see huge issues. Watch this space.

At the start of the new RTV platform. And I raised it with them officially at the time and was told it was a teething issue and would be sorted. If you go back to the threads where people were activating their VST codes you’ll see it mentioned there as an issue.

Absolutely correct and that is what happened to me, there is a problem that they need to fix, this is the only website I know of that does this, and if you don't get a password reset link sent back like what happened to me and the link was never sent, which it never was, then you are basically at the mercy of when someone on their support feels like getting back to you.
Let's hope if that happens you don't get a slackrs like I did just saying use the password reset without asking what happened and genuinely working with you to fix it after spending 1 hour trying to get someone to help.
I was pissed off severely and in total I spent another hour again so around two hours trying to get someone to help me again before Dunc m did.:eek::mad:

Last edited:

I watch all the games on Amazon Firestick. They probably can’t be arsed. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: they should be hooking @valleybluenose up with some freebies as he does more shit than they do.

I watch all the games on Amazon Firestick. They probably can’t be arsed. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: they should be hooking @valleybluenose up with some freebies as he does more shit than they do.

Ha ha, don't want no freebies mate. I'd be happy if they just solved the main issue(s) and I could 'retire' and focus on posting about the team instead.:)

I have, as I've documented many times, a problem-free RangersTV experience virtually every time I use it. I'm very supportive of the service. The logout issue though is starting to get on my tits. I've not had to ask for a Password Reset as yet but, as I use a variety of devices at different times, I fear its only a matter of time. I've taken to clearing cache/cookies every time I logout (or try to) and, on match day, I stick to a single device to limit potential issues. That works for me but, honestly, it doesn't have to be this way. The issue has been there for 6 months and there is no sign they are addressing it - quite the opposite, in fact, and it appears to be getting worse as per the OP. @Greg Marshall sent them the details in the OP so we know they are aware. No feedback as yet.

They haven’t got this right and whoever is providing the software should be taken to task. I can’t login to the app, on my iPad, as I was getting the message about multiple devices. I’m now getting the incorrect password error, but when I click on forgotten password, it sends an email with a link. When I click the link, I get the error, ‘Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found’. It should be a priority to sort these issues.

They haven’t got this right and whoever is providing the software should be taken to task. I can’t login to the app, on my iPad, as I was getting the message about multiple devices. I’m now getting the incorrect password error, but when I click on forgotten password, it sends an email with a link. When I click the link, I get the error, ‘Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found’. It should be a priority to sort these issues.

Try copying and pasting the link into the browser menu bar mate. No idea if it will work but its worth a try. If not, its email Support I guess.

My issue is the opposite.It keeps logging me out after every video I watch.Tried all sorts.Safari on my iMac.
I get this as well. It’s only inconvenient but stil, it shouldn’t be happening.

I’m using Safari as well.

Back