RangersTV MyGers Discount

Jimmy Mac

I recently purchased a mygers membership for a family member and they've received an email telling them they can get RTV at a discounted price if they click the link in the email.

Once the link is clicked it takes them to a page to buy another mygers membership not RTV. Anyone else had this problem?

From memory, there's somewhere in the RTV account settings where you specify your Rangers number.

I got the money took off other day......automatic again without warning lol

I recently purchased a mygers membership for a family member and they've received an email telling them they can get RTV at a discounted price if they click the link in the email.

Once the link is clicked it takes them to a page to buy another mygers membership not RTV. Anyone else had this problem?
I have an account.
When I click “here” on the email it is a screen to pay for a RTV subscription.

Sounds ever so Rangers.

Not much is straightforward.

If you just follow through with that it will work.

If it says “Mygers Membership subscription”

I bought it for the wee man yesterday via the Welcome to the world of Mygers email.

From the FAQ:

How can I redeem my 30 days free trial and 10% off an annual RTV standard subscription discount?

The details of how to obtain your 30 days free trial and subsequent discount will be contained within the welcome email you will receive from the Club. MyGers Members will receive this email within 24 hours of receiving their payment confirmation email.

If you have not received a copy of the Welcome E-mail, please e-mail the team at mygers@rangers.co.uk who will be happy to provide you with the discounted link.

Please note that to use the offer, MyGers Members must create an account with RTV. During registration, you will be asked to enter your Rangers Number.

This benefit is available to new RTV subscriptions only and cannot be applied to current subscriptions.

I'm not in MyGers so just trying to make some sense of this to see if it helps. You do need a RangersTV Account and @Latinoheat_72 above seems to be suggesting if you click through the link it eventually works and you can register and buy.

When I saw that email it made me realise that I don't think I've been getting the RTV discount, despite renewing both recently - need to follow it up later...
Reading the FAQ above it seems to me that this comes for new subscribers/new account holders only, since the implication seems to be you get the 30 day free trial before the subscription kicks in. I'm not sure if it applies to renewals per se. Hopefully someone can clarify but its not something I've seen mentioned on here at all. Most folk let their sub auto-renew, which is what Rangers want, so letting it expire then taking advantage of the free trial offer multiple times would be a huge loophole.

I got the money took off other day......automatic again without warning lol
They really should send out a 'warning' email that its about to renew. However, as @Blue As notes above, its clear on your Account when the next payment is due to be taken. If you fancy experimenting then I think if you click on the Cancel button your subscription will still run to the end of its year but will not auto-renew and you would need top do it manually.

From memory, there's somewhere in the RTV account settings where you specify your Rangers number.
Used to be there. I think now, with the partial 'single login', the same login credentials are used for both MyGers and RangersTV so its not necessary. As I say though, I'm not in MyGers to check so that could well be wrong.

If you just follow through with that it will work.

If it says “Mygers Membership subscription”

I bought it for the wee man yesterday via the Welcome to the world of Mygers email.
That's what it says when i go through the link mate was a bit wary to submit payment as it looks like you're buying another mygers membership.

Back