RangersTV upgrade

greggakd

I’ve just last night upgraded from standard subscription to unlimited and noticed in my account this morning that the standard account is still active as well, and that my unlimited account is for overseas, I’m trying to email through the website but it doesn’t seem to be working properly.

Has anyone had similar problems when upgrading where their standard account has remained open?

Don’t know how I’ve managed to click the overseas account as I thought I was checking pretty carefully but obviously not

The unlimited subscription is targeted towards overseas bears,but I suspect rtv knows that thousands will be in the uk/roi using vpn’s to watch the games

The unlimited subscription is targeted towards overseas bears,but I suspect rtv knows that thousands will be in the uk/roi using vpn’s to watch the games

What’s a vpn? I bought the unlimited subscription so I can watch the untelevised games since I live in London and can’t attend games every week.

I was just about to post something similar. I'm on standard package but looking to upgrade to Unlimited but have sent them an email this morning before doing anything as there doesn't appear to be a way to manage subscriptions in your RTV account.

I don't think it will matter if you are UK based but going for Unlimited since they also quote a £ price and you could be based in the UK but travel on a regular basis.

What’s a vpn? I bought the unlimited subscription so I can watch the untelevised games since I live in London and can’t attend games every week.

Virtual Private Network, its a tool you can download that takes the traffic from your computer/phone and masks where it’s coming from, so the Rangers website will think you’re in New York instead of London. TunnelBear is a decent free one, or cloudflares 1.1.1.1 as well.

If you are on a Mac or PC, you can use the free Opera browser which has a built in VPN. Enable the VPN, start the stream then turn off the VPN and the stream will continue fine.

I’ve just last night upgraded from standard subscription to unlimited and noticed in my account this morning that the standard account is still active as well, and that my unlimited account is for overseas, I’m trying to email through the website but it doesn’t seem to be working properly.

Has anyone had similar problems when upgrading where their standard account has remained open?

Don’t know how I’ve managed to click the overseas account as I thought I was checking pretty carefully but obviously not
You might need to cancel your standard subscription. I don't think the system is advanced enough to process upgrades correctly. Drop RTV an email and I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

The Unlimited package is aimed at those overseas as there are issues with Rangers having the rights to broadcast games in the UK which are nothing to do with the club and connected to the broadcasting deals. To get round this you have to use a VPN when you log into RTV to watch a game live to trick it into thinking you are overseas so you can access the game. It takes 10 seconds to do and isn't complicated at all. I live down in Surrey so cant get to games and I have the full package and didn't miss a game last season using this set up.

I use Windscribe VPN on my laptop.

Open the VPN and pick a location overseas.
Turn off VPN
Select and view game.

Sorted!

Am I correct in saying that Unlimited is now at £16.16 ish per month. Equating to £193.90 per year?

When I opened the Unlimited Package, it comes up as £193.90, not in Dollars. So I just divided by the 12 months to get my costs for one month. I'm doing this from the UK and will be travelling to Holland on matchdays;);)

Cool, I'm at work just now through a foreign proxy so only see dollar amount.
Looks like £17.25 monthly or £193.90 anually then.

By far the easiest way to cancel subscriptions is to do it via WorldPay - the Agency who collect the subs. When you first signed up to RangersTV you will have had an email from WorldPay giving you a login and password. You did keep it - didn't you?:oops: If so, simply login to WorldPay, go to your account and cancel.

https://secure.worldpay.com/fp/jsp/common/login_shopper.jsp

For those who've signed up to the Unlimited package thinking they will get live games in the UK. Why did you not read the blurb on the RangersTV website - or wonder why the sub price was listed in Dollars? The Unlimited package is intended for OVERSEAS subscribers. Occasionally - when no other broadcaster has the rights to a match, like friendlies or tonight's game for example, they will make the game available in the UK. Otherwise, to watch in the UK you have to 'pretend' to be overseas via the use of a VPN. The RangersTV subscription page is quite clear it's intended for overseas subscribers.

First rule of the internet - RTFS (read the f*cking screen). Sorry.:(

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/subscribe

"Every game LIVE, outside the UK and ROI only"

Thanks - can see the option to cancel in Worldpay so I'll follow that route instead - hopefully I can use the same WP account for new unlimited agreement.

Thanks - can see the option to cancel in Worldpay so I'll follow that route instead - hopefully I can use the same WP account for new unlimited agreement.

As I understand it your RangersTV account should still be there - just with no active subscription attached to it. When you take out the new subscription it should simply tag it onto your existing account with WorldPay. Perhaps the better way to do it is to simply sign up for the Unlimited package and then check your WorldPay account a couple of days later to make sure only one subscription is listed. If there are two you simply cancel the one you don't want.

Rangers put this out yesterday, which suggests emailing them about the old account then signing up for the new one.

"You can also cancel the old subscription by emailing support@rangerstv.tv and start a new one at rangers.co.uk/tv/subscribe "

https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/st-josephs-clash-live-on-rtv/

Yes, I emailed them this morning regarding this but in my experience, they can be very slow to respond.

When I did this they automatically cancelled my standard subscription, I got my cancellation confirmation email a couple of days later.

I done the same last year, my standard still shows as active but no payment comes out for it anymore.
When I did this they automatically cancelled my standard subscription, I got my cancellation confirmation email a couple of days later.

There you go @donka - looks like you simply take out a new subscription for the unlimited package. Remember, its for overseas or use with a VPN for MOST matches.

I cancelled my standard first with World Pay and then took out the unlimited. Took less than 5 minutes as long as you know your user name and password for World pay!

i have standard subscription i contacted worldplay to change card details 2 months ago and no payment has been taken since im still getting the service and have notified rangers support notifying them over a week ago and still no reply

got an email back from RTV support. They said to subscribe to the new package and email them when done and they'll cancel the previous package.
Also, when you sign up for the new one, at the payment screen you can log into your existing Worldpay account so the payment agreement is linked to the same account.
All good now.

The unlimited is aimed at overseas fans.
I have a subscription VPN, but there are freebies out there you can use to view the games.

I’d cancel the basic RTV if you’re paying for both.

I screwed up a few years back,and ordered the wrong package.I then ordered the proper package.As hard as I tried To cancel the unwanted package,I still ended up paying for both.:(

I've just got a new bank card as I've changed to a different type of account, so my monthly payment got returned today. I tried to update, but it says on the world pay site that I can't change card details until the original card expires, that's not until 2020.

So I had to get them to cancel the subscription, and start again. I just logged in there to re-subscribe, and I can watch last weeks game, and the Marseille game. Was I paying in advance, and i'm still live for a few days, or what?

Back