RangersTv

jger84

Not a great experience today on RTV. The new player doesn't seem to be ready to be used live, and for some reason they've taken away the option of using the old player. I'm an overseas Rangers Unlimited subscriber, but today was the first time I've emailed to ask for a refund, the service was just awful - I missed 3 of the 4 goals and the red card.

RTV responded within minutes to say that my refund will be processed on Monday, so heads up to anyone who paid for the game today and didn't get to see the game.

Many appear to have had problems today (though mine was fine for all but the last few minutes - which surprised me because the new player has hitherto caused me problems).

Poster @BWO has confirmed that RangersTV have advised him that the new player isn’t really optimised yet and won’t, for example, cast to AppleTV. He’s also suggested that the VPN needs to be left switched on throughout the stream now - which may have caught some out. They also told him they hope to have the App rolled out before Christmas.

I tried using it through my Apple TV but would not load no sign of the option to use old player so just had to watch it on my phone I missed all goals while it continually kept buffering

Many appear to have had problems today (though mine was fine for all but the last few minutes - which surprised me because the new player has hitherto caused me problems).

Poster @BWO has confirmed that RangersTV have advised him that the new player isn’t really optimised yet and won’t, for example, cast to AppleTV. He’s also suggested that the VPN needs to be left switched on throughout the stream now - which may have caught some out. They also told him they hope to have the App rolled out before Christmas.

I tried with the VPN on and off, it wouldn’t play either way. When it eventually did start working, the VPN was off.

It frustratingly stalled for me around 50 mins, so had to re-login which was annoying.... Other than that, Ok. I've found using 720p more successful this season. Last season there wasn't that option (although the season before there bizarrely was).

Still have to use an HDMI cable on my Smart TV though which is annoying, but used to it now.

Anyways, job done today. I'd be far more pissed off if we hadn't won! (Almost as annoyed as the wife upstairs when I woke our sleeping baby when we scored our second!)

Not a great experience today on RTV. The new player doesn't seem to be ready to be used live, and for some reason they've taken away the option of using the old player. I'm an overseas Rangers Unlimited subscriber, but today was the first time I've emailed to ask for a refund, the service was just awful - I missed 3 of the 4 goals and the red card.

RTV responded within minutes to say that my refund will be processed on Monday, so heads up to anyone who paid for the game today and didn't get to see the game.
Very poor performance today. Lucky if I saw half the game

Missed all the goals! Mine went off at HT. couldn’t get back on. Logged out, changed the resolution rate and still no joy. Emailed RTV and got an email straight away telling me to do the above. They said refunds would be issued on Monday. Strange that it was perfect for the first half though.

Anyone in the UK manage to get it working with the VPN switched off once the broadcast began?

at around 50 mins it stopped for me and then when it started again it was showing the first half from 21 mins and stayed like that for about 5 minutes before going live again

Anyone in the UK manage to get it working with the VPN switched off once the broadcast began?

I had it working with the VPN off between 15 and 45 minutes and again from about 82 minutes to FT. I messed about chopping and changing various other settings during the other times, but got no joy with the VPN on or off. I ended up watching bits ‘elsewhere’, which is pretty annoying considering I’ve paid out for the top package.

Reactions: BWO
Is it just me that gets pissed off when they show the oppositions missed chances whilst the games in play?

That drives me mad, not just the opposition replays, any replays being shown while you can hear the crowd noise as the game rages on. I usually end up shouting ‘Just show us the feckin game’ at the TV, it has no effect, but I still do it. :cool:

I had it working with the VPN off between 15 and 45 minutes and again from about 82 minutes to FT. I messed about chopping and changing various other settings during the other times, but got no joy with the VPN on or off. I ended up watching bits ‘elsewhere’, which is pretty annoying considering I’ve paid out for the top package.

I’m absolutely raging mate. I’ve gone from having 1080p picture on my tv to a blocky picture on an iPad.
Getting rid of a service that worked perfectly whilst they develop an app that might be ready by Christmas is ridiculous.

RTV - get in the fecking sea

Last edited:

Having read one of your earlier posts I turned the VPN off just on the final whistle to test it. It played on perfectly well for about 45 seconds and then I got the black screen with the spinner. I’m assuming that was because of the VPN thing but maybe the broadcast just finished sooner than normal.

Having read one of your earlier posts I turned the VPN off just on the final whistle to test it. It played on perfectly well for about 45 seconds and then I got the black screen with the spinner. I’m assuming that was because of the VPN thing but maybe the broadcast just finished sooner than normal.

Nah the broadcast stayed on, got the Everyone Anyone video after FT

So they’re now actively making it harder for people in the UK to watch the games. Great financial sense there guys, well done :mad:

Me. Winscribe, Belgium I believe. Then switched off although I switched off when I logged through to the game at 2:15. A still picture of the sprinklers until 2:34

I was i
I was in the kitchen but i could hear an old game after tam had finished.

Twice in a row I have been burned. Didn't work at all for the Midtjylland away game and for this. 18 quid and not a minute seen on the official streams. I haven't bothered requesting refunds as I did of course end up watching dodgy streams but that is beside the point. If the service provided is so poor, makes me question why I bother trying to do the right thing in the first place...

Me. Chrome on a laptop using the free SetUpVPN. I had a black screen for the first minute or two but once the game started I clicked the VPN off and it was fine. It did scroll once or twice but only for seconds and the picture blurred a few times but, again, only for seconds.

I've not noticed any difference since we change provider.

RTV good here in LA...cast from iPhone through to Apple TV...
picture perfect..
rarely experience any issues these days tbh..(apart from the Vienna away log in shambles)

OK, been playing around with various settings in RTV. This is on a Windows laptop using Chrome browser.

It seems if you change quality settings more than once it leads to a crashing of the stream. Selecting 1080p as soon as the video starts playing seems to work. Clicking again on anything (the time slider or quality settings) seems to crash the stream within the next minute or so.

For Chromecast, casting to my TV via the icon on the video player displays a black border around the video and is also temperamental with the stream crashing. However, if you cast the tab via the menu on the top right of the browser, then click the full screen icon on the video, this seems to be OK.

Was perfect first half on my home connection on my tv, then moved to pub to meet someone and watched on my phone using data and pub wifi. First 20 mins of 2nd half kept freezing then was fine for rest of game. Put it down to lousy broadband speed for a while.

Worked perfectly for me today, running directly from my LG TV’s web browser and using a wired connection.

Exactly this for me. Fantastic picture the whole Match (as normal). Even left for house for 30 minutes and switched to watching it on my phone without a hitch before coming home a watching the final minutes on the TV again (after a reftesh).

My account isn’t showing the game available to watch back (I was working and missed the game) Normally it’s available pretty soon after the game. Anyone else have similar? It just tells me the game is available to purchase live. I’ve tried clearing cookies etc.

My account isn’t showing the game available to watch back (I was working and missed the game) Normally it’s available pretty soon after the game. Anyone else have similar? It just tells me the game is available to purchase live. I’ve tried clearing cookies etc.

It’s there mate.

Once logged in click on Search without putting anything in the Search box. Brings up videos in date order. Yesterdays game is on the top row.

Used a VPN for the first time on Saturday, worked great, no probs whatsoever. Let's hope it continues that way.

I contacted RTV this morning and received a refund for Saturday's black screen. Hopefully whatever is going wrong can be rectified shortly.

Can somebody do me a favour and check something for me? When I click into the Livingston game, it starts playing after the dots spinning for a few seconds, I can move the blue dot to wherever I want in the match, but the minute I try and adjust the picture quality setting I just get the spinning dots.
Is everybody getting the same, or are people able to adjust the settings??

I pay for the top package too then spend most of the time trying to fix problems. It very rarely works. Meanwhile the wife watches the whole game undisturbed on a stream. Ive signed up to that stream.

I contacted RTV this morning and received a refund for Saturday's black screen. Hopefully whatever is going wrong can be rectified shortly.
I wrote politely asking what was going wrong. They asked how I connected and said it was through a vpn. They came back and said it was the vpn's fault. Pish, as the vpn goes off once connected. I had never experienced the problems found on Saturday, prior to then. By all accounts loads of Bears suffered similar, especially second half. They underestimate the amount of revenue raised by vpn users at their peril. Not impressed at all with them.

I wrote politely asking what was going wrong. They asked how I connected and said it was through a vpn. They came back and said it was the vpn's fault. Pish, as the vpn goes off once connected. I had never experienced the problems found on Saturday, prior to then. By all accounts loads of Bears suffered similar, especially second half. They underestimate the amount of revenue raised by vpn users at their peril. Not impressed at all with them.
I should possibly add re my Saturday experience, even with the vpn left on, it didn't work. I use Tunnel Bear.

Can somebody do me a favour and check something for me? When I click into the Livingston game, it starts playing after the dots spinning for a few seconds, I can move the blue dot to wherever I want in the match, but the minute I try and adjust the picture quality setting I just get the spinning dots.
Is everybody getting the same, or are people able to adjust the settings??

Just had a play on the iPad and had the same issue.

Here’s a workaround that worked for me twice out of three attempts - so not guaranteed to work. I paused the video immediately it started. Adjusted the Quality setting to 1080p. Spinning dots for a while then they stopped. Moved the blue slider along to, for example, 45 minutes and pressed Play and it worked. Sometimes.

Nah the broadcast stayed on, got the Everyone Anyone video after FT

So they’re now actively making it harder for people in the UK to watch the games. Great financial sense there guys, well done

TBF they may be getting pressure over not trying harder to stop it.

I emailed them and they got back to me immediately about the fact the new player just wouldn’t load. It was because I had an ad blocker installed (mainly for FF) and once I whitelisted Rangers on the app it worked. Just in case anyone’s having that issue too as it was the ad blocker recommended on here.

They should keep the option for the old player as well if it doesn’t cost them anything.

I emailed them and they got back to me immediately about the fact the new player just wouldn’t load. It was because I had an ad blocker installed (mainly for FF) and once I whitelisted Rangers on the app it worked. Just in case anyone’s having that issue too as it was the ad blocker recommended on here.

They should keep the option for the old player as well if it doesn’t cost them anything.

That’s a handy bit of news (provided they’re not bullshitting you of course). I reckon many will have an adblocker and wouldn’t even have considered turning it off for RangersTV.

One to keep in the memory banks for sure.

That said, I watched with uBlock Origin turned on and didn’t have a problem.

That’s a handy bit of news (provided they’re not bullshitting you of course). I reckon many will have an adblocker and wouldn’t even have considered turning it off for RangersTV.

One to keep in the memory banks for sure.

That said, I watched with uBlock Origin turned on and didn’t have a problem.

It definitely was the problem for me, as soon as I turned it off everything worked perfectly. Back on and it failed. Off and worked. I then turned it back on having whitelisted Rangers.co.uk and it still worked fine. I used Crystal Ad Blocker.

It’s a tricky one because as soon as you say you’re using a VPN they will blame that which isn’t right because folk abroad have issues too, don’t they? It seems like the player, whatever one, has had hiccups for years, literally. The navigation on RTV is poor as well IMO.

I wasn’t getting anything playing at all using my iPad initially. Turned Crystal off and it worked, but I only found out about this after the match. I had been trying to watch on my laptop through my tv, with no success.
I have bought Unlimited VPN subscription for £12 today, it was on offer through HotUKdeals. I have installed it on my Fire Stick, which should eliminate the need to use the laptop, although I’ll need to wait for the next live match to see if it works with no issues when it matters.

Back