RangersTv

Thanks for clarifying mate. Others seem to lose the stream about 20 seconds after turning the VPN off (after starting the stream). So if you’ve stumbled on a method - or browser - that still lets you turn the VPN off after starting the stream it could be useful for those on download limited VPNs.

Thanks for the help. @BWO is going to give it a go on Wednesday.

Tried it with Firefox on iPad tonight, still doesn’t cast. Also tried turning VPN off and it immediately shat the bed.

Find a half decent server for tonight on your VPN. Can't switch it off again. Starts buffering after 20 seconds.

Tried it on my iPad. Safari.
NordVPN on and it was working perfectly.
Turned the vpn off and it stopped working.
Vpn back on and it was fine again.

Joined 15 mins before kick off, got the full build up, it went at the moment the game kicked off. Still not back in.
This new player is crap and they took the option away of the old one

I couldn’t get it to connect on hotel wifi, using 4g now with a VPN and it’s perfect - maybe give that a bash mate

My Wi-Fi’s not amazing. It’s about 70MB, but that should be more than enough to watch RTV with my ZenMate Ultimate VPN on.

The problem is entirely to do with RTV and nothing to do with my set-up.

Reactions: BWO
My Wi-Fi’s not amazing. It’s about 70MB, but that should be more than enough to watch RTV with my ZenMate Ultimate VPN on.

That’s plenty. I’m only on 25MB and it was working for me.
What os are you watching on?
Have you tried changing country?

Perfect stream for me. Chrome browser, windows laptop, VPN on, 1080p setting.

Casting only works if you cast the tab....I assume this is because the stream will still go through the VPN. If you cast using the icon on then the stream cuts out...I assume the Chromecast get the stream directly (with a UK I.P) from RTV, hence doesn't go through the VPN running on the laptop.

Keep in mind that your internet is only as fast as your VPN.

That’s plenty. I’m only on 25MB and it was working for me.
What os are you watching on?
Have you tried changing country?

Chrome.
MacBook to TV via HDMI with ZenMate Ultimate left on.
Same set-up that’s always worked for me when I used to be able to turn the VPN off.

Tried countless countries and it’s rubbish on most. Have settled on Belgium, which is marginally better.

you need the VPN on all of the time now
Yeah, seen somebody post above that they could turn it off.
Thought I’d try it.
Not a problem at home but I work offshore and we’re not allowed VPN’s. Pain in the arse now tbh.

Chrome.
MacBook to TV via HDMI with ZenMate Ultimate left on.
Same set-up that’s always worked for me when I used to be able to turn the VPN off.

Tried countless countries and it’s rubbish on most. Have settled on Belgium, which is marginally better.
Is safari better on the MacBook?
At the end of the day though, you pay for a service and it should work the way it’s meant to.
We shouldn’t be having to fanny about to get it to work.

At the end of the day though, you pay for a service and it should work the way it’s meant to.

Careful, we’ll have posters telling us in a minute that we shouldn’t really be using it in the UK

Once again.....fecking hopeless....cantwatch it on safari, edge or firefox....vpn on or off.

Bastards they take your annual sub then deliver this shite ! If RTV insist on messing up the vpn'rs they won't last into next season. I've no confidence I've no confidence I'll be able to watch abroad. Cunts !!

Had a play about there and found the following.
Laptop working fine with VPN on and using Chrome, switched VPN off and it stopped playing. I then tried using Firefox, the same thing happened but bizarrely the stream then started back up again with the VPN off.

On my iPad, I had it working fine with the VPN on, it went off as soon as I turned the VPN off. I then tried it with Safari and had the same result. Tried it with Chrome and it played fine and cut out after 20 seconds or so.

I then tried on my Fire Stick, it played fine with the VPN on and eventually started playing again with no issues once I turned off the VPN.

After all that, I am watching on BT Sports, I just wanted to try different scenarios that will help in future for Saturday 3pm games.

Btw, I have purchased a lifetime VPN from VPN Unlimited. It only cost £12 via a link on HotUKdeals and is working well so far.

I hope this can be of some help to people.

Safari on Macbook doesnt work at all for me...used to be perfect ! Back to the illegal streams. Happy to take my annual sub....last fuckin time !

Had a play about there and found the following.
Laptop working fine with VPN on and using Chrome, switched VPN off and it stopped playing. I then tried using Firefox, the same thing happened but bizarrely the stream then started back up again with the VPN off.

On my iPad, I had it working fine with the VPN on, it went off as soon as I turned the VPN off. I then tried it with Safari and had the same result. Tried it with Chrome and it played fine and cut out after 20 seconds or so.

I then tried on my Fire Stick, it played fine with the VPN on and eventually started playing again with no issues once I turned off the VPN.

After all that, I am watching on BT Sports, I just wanted to try different scenarios that will help in future for Saturday 3pm games.

Btw, I have purchased a lifetime VPN from VPN Unlimited. It only cost £12 via a link on HotUKdeals and is working well so far.

I hope this can be of some help to people.

Using Tunnel Bear myself.....no use....last season perfect ? RTV are cuuunts ! THey'll be out of business next year wondering were there subs have gone. Watching this on BTsport.....shite commentary.

Sounds like particular VPN’s aren’t working. I suspect that’s where the problem lies for most. I was using Tunnel Bear previously and it wouldn’t play, either with the VPN on or off.

Has anyone tried switching browsers? I was watching Livi game on my smarttv via Firefox. Fk in brutal. Like watching America On Line via rotary phone. I switched browser o Amazon Silk and its High Def all the way. I'm in Texas so no VPN and I have 275 MBPS streaming capability.

I’m paying for RTV but it’s unwatchable.
Yet, I’m watching a perfect stream via other means.
There’s something not right about this situation.

Other than blind loyalty, I can’t think why I’m paying for something from RTV that’s unwatchable when I can watch it perfectly for free via dodgy means.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to give RTV my money, but the service is shockingly bad.

Going to lose a lot of business if they don’t sort themselves out.
This is my third year of annual sub. Could be my last.
It’s actually going backwards instead of getting better.

I'm watching on chrome with zenmate VPN turned off. Buffered for about 1 min after I switched the VPN off and it's been perfect since.

This is utter shit, I am abroad but cannot get on. Raging, not really had any major problems for the last 3 years, this season unwatchable.

I'm watching on chrome with zenmate VPN turned off. Buffered for about 1 min after I switched the VPN off and it's been perfect since.

Interesting.
What version of ZenMate are you using?
I’ve got ZenMate Ultimate and presumed I had to turn the VPN back on because it started buffering as soon as I turned it off.

Working fine with me . Using express vpn. Turned it on whole of first half. Turned it off half time and it's still working.
On a monthly sub now.

Another couple of tips.

Disable all browser add-ons.

Turn on VPN before loading your browser....turning VPN on and off while the browser is running screws things up.

I can’t get mine to stay working for longer than a couple of minutes and that’s using opera browser on phone with vpn then silk browser with vpn on kindle I’ve just gave up for the night

Back