RangersTv

It definitely was the problem for me, as soon as I turned it off everything worked perfectly. Back on and it failed. Off and worked. I then turned it back on having whitelisted Rangers.co.uk and it still worked fine. I used Crystal Ad Blocker.

It’s a tricky one because as soon as you say you’re using a VPN they will blame that which isn’t right because folk abroad have issues too, don’t they? It seems like the player, whatever one, has had hiccups for years, literally. The navigation on RTV is poor as well IMO.

Yeah, problems for those overseas as well on Saturday. The VPN excuse from RangersTV is just that - an excuse. Though, it’s fair to say, not all VPNs are born equal so their may be an element of substance in what they say.

I’ve posted a Troubleshooting guide for RangersTV in the past because I’m convinced most of those experiencing problems could resolve them easily themselves with a bit of effort but the easy option is just to say ‘RangersTV is shit’.

That said, all bets are off with the new supplier and the new player. There are clearly some problems there that are not user-solvable. Hopefully they address them pronto. Right now a decent VPN left on during the entire stream and (as you’ve suggested) turning off the adblocker seem two solutions that help, if not resolve, some of these issues.

Yeah, problems for those overseas as well on Saturday. The VPN excuse from RangersTV is just that - an excuse. Though, it’s fair to say, not all VPNs are born equal so their may be an element of substance in what they say.

I’ve posted a Troubleshooting guide for RangersTV in the past because I’m convinced most of those experiencing problems could resolve them easily themselves with a bit of effort but the easy option is just to say ‘RangersTV is shit’.

That said, all bets are off with the new supplier and the new player. There are clearly some problems there that are not user-solvable. Hopefully they address them pronto. Right now a decent VPN left on during the entire stream and (as you’ve suggested) turning off the adblocker seem two solutions that help, if not resolve, some of these issues.

Agree mate. A hell of a lot of the complaints are at the users end without a doubt but this new player is causing some issues.

My cousin is a software engineer working on a contract in California with as solid a connection as you can get and he had some issues for the first time in years. Ironic that he jumped onto an illegal stream to watch it with less issues. Hopefully just teething problems.

Agree mate. A hell of a lot of the complaints are at the users end without a doubt but this new player is causing some issues.

My cousin is a software engineer working on a contract in California with as solid a connection as you can get and he had some issues for the first time in years. Ironic that he jumped onto an illegal stream to watch it with less issues. Hopefully just teething problems.
Ah well, if we all jumped over to illegal streams that will make them sit up and wonder where there subs have gone to. In that event they would only have themselves to blame. I used to use streams but thought it would be nicer to let RTV have my £190 instead. If you are looking in RTV, pull the finger out please....upsetting your loyal customer base (using vpn or not) is not the brightest idea.

Ah well, if we all jumped over to illegal streams that will make them sit up and wonder where there subs have gone to. In that event they would only have themselves to blame. I used to use streams but thought it would be nicer to let RTV have my £190 instead. If you are looking in RTV, pull the finger out please....upsetting your loyal customer base (using vpn or not) is not the brightest idea.

That’s the thing that annoyed me. There were dodgy streams on YouTube and other places, English guys commentating and asking for donations. Money being diverted away from the club.

On the US East coast, got nothing but a black screen the whole game. Emailed support and after a load of questions, and try this and that, got a refund.
I've had trouble with RTV buffering over the past couple of years, but nothing like this.
My previous problems are why I don't subscribe, even though I'd prefer my money to go to the club, I'd rather pay someone else than pay for a product that doesn't work.

My current strategy is RTV for home and cup games, and a B/R live subscription for away games, all old firm and Europa league. The B/R live subscription also gets a load of other games from various leagues.

Incidentally, I get my B/R live subscription through Google play, and cancelled it in May at the end of last season, but it's still live. If any US bears use B/R live and pay through Google play for a subscription, I'd recommend trying a cancellation to see if you still get service.

Don't know what was wrong with the old player? At least bring back the option to allow us to use it.

New player seems to be a massive downgrade in quality whenever I've had to use it.

I’m trying to watch the most recent Inside Ibrox video on it and it has an error message yet I can watch the one from the Old Firm . Wish they would sort it out ASAP

Why dont they admit it then and and offer some advice, like any responsible service provider.

Thankfully this weekends game v St J is on local tv here in Croatia. So no worries about RTV.

I've never had an issue since signing up 2 week ago and I have watched it in the uk with and without a vpn, across different devices and watched living in Turkey, beena great service

Hardly saw any of the second half on Saturday vpn on and off, made no difference. I've made sure though content blockers off for the next viewing. Hopefully that'll do the trick, as some have suggested on here. Something has changed though and its irritating RTV haven't made more of an effort to explain what went wrong, as it certainly appears to have been an issue more or less across the board. I have the annual subscription so dont want to have to go back to the dodgy streams. RTV will lose big in the end if there is something they can do for their customers but dont, for whatever reason.

If there is pressure on them to make life difficult for the vpn'rs, where is that coming from?
I wonder how much of their income comes from this source ?
How will loss of future subs, ppv and annual, impact on them ?

Plenty questions but for now at least few answers.

Reactions: BWO
Hardly saw any of the second half on Saturday vpn on and off, made no difference. I've made sure though content blockers off for the next viewing. Hopefully that'll do the trick, as some have suggested on here. Something has changed though and its irritating RTV haven't made more of an effort to explain what went wrong, as it certainly appears to have been an issue more or less across the board. I have the annual subscription so dont want to have to go back to the dodgy streams. RTV will lose big in the end if there is something they can do for their customers but dont, for whatever reason.

If there is pressure on them to make life difficult for the vpn'rs, where is that coming from?
I wonder how much of their income comes from this source ?
How will loss of future subs, ppv and annual, impact on them ?

Plenty questions but for now at least few answers.

What device were you watching on mate? Just out of interest. The more people that can share their experiences the better, that way we can eliminate any potential problems and make the viewing experience better for everybody.

Not being able to cast from my phone to Apple TV is a deal-breaker for me as it currently stands. Why they removed the old player before the new one (or app) is fully developed seems a crazy decision.

I’ve had no problem with the service this season. Had successfully avoid the score until I shared the 7pm Preston-MK train with Millwall fans returning from Blackburn, one of whom blurted out we won 3-1 after being behind.

What device were you watching on mate? Just out of interest. The more people that can share their experiences the better, that way we can eliminate any potential problems and make the viewing experience better for everybody.
Macbook pro, Safari. Used to use Hola vpn but by cc got hacked, tried a few others and ended up paying for Tunnel Bear. Was proving a great setup until Saturday.

Can somebody do me a favour and check something for me? When I click into the Livingston game, it starts playing after the dots spinning for a few seconds, I can move the blue dot to wherever I want in the match, but the minute I try and adjust the picture quality setting I just get the spinning dots.
Is everybody getting the same, or are people able to adjust the settings??

I get that, never had a problem for 3 years until this saturday

I have downloaded an app called private browser with ad blocker for my iPhone now I'm able to watch Rangers tv no problem on Apple TV was able to watch the game,inside Ibrox and interviews if that any help to anyone

Just out of curiosity I tried to watch saturdays game there and cast it to my Apple TV. Worked absolutely fine and to be the honest the picture was great. Think Rtv either telling a bit of fibs or there has been technical problems at the weekend and all the help staff have just been sending what they were told to send!

This weekend will be the test again:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity I tried to watch saturdays game there and cast it to my Apple TV. Worked absolutely fine and to be the honest the picture was great. Think Rtv either telling a bit of fibs or there has been technical problems at the weekend and all the help staff have just been sending what they were told to send!

This weekend will be the test again

To be fair they didn’t say it wouldn’t work with AppleTV they said it ‘wasn’t optimised’ for AppleTV. Could be dependant on which model AppleTV you have it even which version of the software is in there.

So many variables. It might even be that it will cast video but not a live stream.

Anyone in the UK using Apple manage to cast this today? No dice for me again.....

In currently in Florida.. can I watch the game live if I buy it on rangers tv?

Anyone in the UK using Apple manage to cast this today? No dice for me again.....
Same here mate. Picture flicks up momentarily then just get the spinning icon again. If I try to watch it I’m my iPad get a letterbox picture rather than full screen.

Hope they get this sorted out soon or it could be pointless having it for a couple of months.

Same here mate. Picture flicks up momentarily then just get the spinning icon again. If I try to watch it I’m my iPad get a letterbox picture rather than full screen.

Hope they get this sorted out soon or it could be pointless having it for a couple of months.

Same here.
Only Rangers could do this, replace a perfectly good player with one that doesn’t work. Unbelievably I’m now going to have to find an alternative source for Aberdeen game rather than giving cash to club just so friends and family can watch too.

Watching on the iPad always gives you a ‘letterbox’ or widescreen picture though. That’s not unusual or an error.

The issue is with casting to AppleTV. @BWO had this issue last week as well and was told by support that it was because RTV new player isn’t yet ‘optimised’ for that. That said, I’m sure I saw a post from at least 1 other poster who said he had it working. It’s certainly something they need to address, whether that be via the forthcoming App or not remains to be seen.

Watching on the iPad always gives you a ‘letterbox’ or widescreen picture though. That’s not unusual or an error.

The issue is with casting to AppleTV. @BWO had this issue last week as well and was told by support that it was because RTV new player isn’t yet ‘optimised’ for that. That said, I’m sure I saw a post from at least 1 other poster who said he had it working. It’s certainly something they need to address, whether that be via the forthcoming App or not remains to be seen.

He had it working because he was in the US and not using a VPN.
I can cast regular RTV content during he week, the issue is the live broadcast so probably VPN related.

He had it working because he was in the US and not using a VPN.
I can cast regular RTV content during he week, the issue is the live broadcast so probably VPN related.

Are you able to leave the VPN switched on? I recall that being an issue for several folk.

Are you able to leave the VPN switched on? I recall that being an issue for several folk.

It continues playing for about 20 secs without the VPN before it just stops, so unlike the old player it is obviously continually checking the IP address to make sure it is out of the UK

Yet again RTV not working on my MacBook Pro. I've removed any 'adblocks', and still it doesn't work :mad:

It continues playing for about 20 secs without the VPN before it just stops, so unlike the old player it is obviously continually checking the IP address to make sure it is out of the UK

Yeah that seems to be the case. One of the Admin has just started a thread saying much the same - VPN needs to stay on.

It’s not even widescreen now it’s just a bigger picture still stuck in the middle o the webpage!

Yet again RTV not working on my MacBook Pro. I've removed any 'adblocks', and still it doesn't work :mad:

Are you abroad? Do you have a VPN?

Working fine for me on iPad, iPhone and Windows desktop mate. No, I’m not watching all three at once - just testing for others.

I'm logged in from the USA and there's no action yet with just three minutes to go.
Anyone know what the hell's going on?

It’s working for me on my MacBook Pro. My set-up is ZenMate VPN, Chrome and HDMI to TV.

What’s your set-up?
MyExpatnetwork and safari.
I've checked adblockers.

It works on my iPad.
It also works with Samsung and internet explorer.
But it doesn't work on my MacBook Pro for some odd reason.

Back