RangersTv

Mine has been perfect all night through nordVPN.

I did need to add rangers.co.uk to my ad blocker whitelists for the stream to work.

Also noticed that the buffering and picture quality is much worse when casting to TV in previous weeks so now just have a PC linked to tv.

I watch from abroad without the need for a VPN and this season has been great.
Only criticism is that fkn everyone anyone advert at every opportunity!

My RTC is buffering quite a bit, no picture at all when the vpn is off, need to keep it on but the free megs might run out before end of game

Using overseas with super fast internet.

RTV reverting to a black screen every 1-2 minutes. Worked fine for years. Tried multiple browsers. Any tips?

Works on iPad really well, but again, I couldn't get safari to work on MacBook Pro. It is a mystery.

Using overseas with super fast internet.

RTV reverting to a black screen every 1-2 minutes. Worked fine for years. Tried multiple browsers. Any tips?

Go to the Settings icon in the bottom right of the menu bar and select 1080p instead of Auto. That might help.

Other than that all I can stay is that it’s been great for me today. Again.

Finally downloaded Opera browser with the free vpn and it's been brilliant today. Huge difference from the last couple of games with a free vpn.

My Internet has shat itself now so staring at a blank screen but that's not RTVs issue!

Also not working for me. Similar problems to those listed. It works for about 90 seconds then stalls. When I try and reload the page it doesn't reload for about 5 minutes.

Whatever changes have been made have ruined the viewing experience. I'm seriously going to have to consider cancelling my subscription. I'm disappointed because I thought it was a good way for someone out of the country to give money to the club because I can't get a season ticket.

Also not working for me. Similar problems to this listed. It works for about 90 seconds then stalls. When I try and reload the page it doesn't reload for about 5 minutes.

Whatever changes have been made have ruined the viewing experience. I'm seriously going to have to consider cancelling my subscription. I'm disappointed because I thought it was a good way for someone out of the country to give money to the club because I can't get a season ticket.

What set up are you using mate?

I have 10Gb/month free with Windscribe. I used up around 1Gb while watching the first half, so 4 games a month should be pretty comfortable if a skip the half-time stuff. A fifth game might be a bit squeaky bum time towards the end.

I tried Opera's built-in VPN for the second half, but there was frequent buffering. Got fed up with it with about 10mins to go and decided to switch back to Windscribe - and missed Defoe's goal. :mad:

Worked perfectly for me today as it does 99% of the time.

PS4 browser wired connection.

No need for VPN as I’m abroad

I have 10Gb/month free with Windscribe. I used up around 1Gb while watching the first half, so 4 games a month should be pretty comfortable if a skip the half-time stuff. A fifth game might be a bit squeaky bum time towards the end.

I tried Opera's built-in VPN for the second half, but there was frequent buffering. Got fed up with it with about 10mins to go and decided to switch back to Windscribe - and missed Defoe's goal. :mad:

It seems that any free or built in VPN’s are no good now.

Nord VPN for this temporary Canadian today.

Near perfect. Was running a 30 second delay.

VPN all game. iPad.

So you must have a Tunnel Bear paid for service I take it?
Yea, bit the bullet and just paid for it. Paying out 27 a month now between the two, but it seems to be working. Hate relying on illegal streams, so going to persist with this approach until some other spanner gets flung at us!

Need VPN throughout now. Can't just fire it on for the start.

Will cost me an extra £10 a month so they will need to up their game, too many drop outs in the second half.

Winscribe, Belgium, full game on Chrome. A few glitches so I cut all wi-fi in the house phones and it worked a treat.

Need VPN throughout now. Can't just fire it on for the start.

Will cost me an extra £10 a month so they will need to up their game, too many drop outs in the second half.

You can pick up good VPN - ExpressVPN, NordVPN for example - at the equivalent of under £3 a month if you take out a lengthy subscription, generally 3 years. Both come very highly recommended. It is money up front though.

Yeah, problems for those overseas as well on Saturday. The VPN excuse from RangersTV is just that - an excuse. Though, it’s fair to say, not all VPNs are born equal so their may be an element of substance in what they say.

I’ve posted a Troubleshooting guide for RangersTV in the past because I’m convinced most of those experiencing problems could resolve them easily themselves with a bit of effort but the easy option is just to say ‘RangersTV is shit’.

That said, all bets are off with the new supplier and the new player. There are clearly some problems there that are not user-solvable. Hopefully they address them pronto. Right now a decent VPN left on during the entire stream and (as you’ve suggested) turning off the adblocker seem two solutions that help, if not resolve, some of these issues.

Ive had issues for years with RTV both at home and in Oz. For the first time today I was able to watch the game on my mobile phone without a problem.

Im in Scotland and used a free VPN, Windscribe. Logged on to RTV then switched on the VPN to select the game. When I had the stream I switched the VPN off. It buffered for a minute or two but then settled down. Perfect picture too. I tried to cast to my tv but this wouldnt work however Im not complaining.

Ive had issues for years with RTV both at home and in Oz. For the first time today I was able to watch the game on my mobile phone without a problem.

Im in Scotland and used a free VPN, Windscribe. Logged on to RTV then switched on the VPN to select the game. When I had the stream I switched the VPN off. It buffered for a minute or two but then settled down. Perfect picture too. I tried to cast to my tv but this wouldnt work however Im not complaining.

The whole VPN thing with the new player is very strange. Just seems no consistency of experience. Glad it worked for you mate - and what a game to have a decent experience.:)

Nord emailed me the other day, they’re doing 2.5 years for $85.

I got a free weeks trial with an automatic 1 year subscription for £29.99 if you dont cancel before the trial ends. The service was with Nord. It was good but I managed to get a free VPN with Windscribe.

Reactions: BWO
Android tv box (Ebay), firefox and IP Vanish activated before I log onto to rtv and left on for duration of the match.

I've used this setup for a while with minimal problems.

Bear in mind a vpn will reduce your internet speed so this can affect things. I used to use IPTV but would rather give rangers the money.

edit: actually firefox I use

Google chrome and free VPN Psiphon worked for me today, had to keep the VPN on throughout.

Back