Rapid Vienna hire a priest ahead of rangers game

uneasydaz

RAPID VIENNA have appointed a club priest ahead of their Europa League clash against Rangers.

Gers make the trip to Austria next Thursday requiring victory to reach the last 32.

But Rapid’s players hope to receive divine inspiration from Father Christoph Pelczar, who has just published a book.

Glaube. Liebe. Rapid (Belief, Love, Rapid) details his conversations with squad members and sells for £17.50.

Polish-born Fr Pelczar recently arranged for the players to have a private audience with the Pope.

He said: “Rapid can absolutely be a religion. There are similar rituals of hymns, songs and advents.

“Religion has to offer solutions. There is a search for something greater, and it is not blasphemy for me to say so.”

One of the players helped by the clergyman is midfielder Dejan Ljubicic, who was caught drunkenly hurling beer bottles at a mosque last December.

The 21-year-old said: “Father Christoph gave me the strength to rise up again. I was on the floor after making a huge mistake.

“He gave me the power to prove myself, and show that I am a good person.”

tenor.gif

Hawd oan. Why is this being reported in the papers, and why in this country? This is a vile attempt to drum up bigotry and religiously aggravated trouble. Utter scum are the press in this country.

Let them get on with whatever they feel like, they can hire a priest, a prostitute and a proddy dug for all I care, all I'm focused on is beating them

Hawd oan. Why is this being reported in the papers, and why in this country? This is a vile attempt to drum up bigotry and religiously aggravated trouble. Utter scum are the press in this country.

Let them get on with whatever they feel like, they can hire a priest, a prostitute and a proddy dug for all I care, all I'm focused on is beating them

Totally agree.

If they hired a Shamen, our press wouldn’t bat an eye.

Still though... hiring a priest? Utter batshit.

Surely this?
A non-story and reported solely for the purpose of the religious division aspect.

Austria is a Roman Catholic country and if they hired a religious person it would, of course, be an RC priest, however, if we had been playing an Islamic team and they hired an Iman would the press report that?
I doubt it.

No one has a problem with Roman Catholics in Catholic countries doing Catholic things.
The real problem in Protestant Scotland is that RC's have a problem with Protestants doing and being seen to do Protestant things.

How can you tell if your dug is a proddy?? :p:p

I expect many of the teams we play from predominantly Catholic countries take a wee trip to see a priest for a blessing before game, so what, only news to the reptiles of the Scottish press.

Usual nonsense from the Scottish tabloids. For our Austrian readers, supporters of the ‘British Protestant Heritage Club’ will be making friends in the lovely city of Vienna next week.

My thoughts exactly.
It’s possible we have as many RC’s in our team/squad than Protestants, and have had for years, but stuff like this still gets a headline.
Shocking.

So they get a priest to try and win the game.
What if we get a minister.
Just depends on who the big man supports then.

Lovely man Father Christoph Pelczar so he is.

Although a strict disciplinarian

He once pulled off the entire RAPID VIENNA boys club after a disappointing first half in a pre-season friendly once

One of the players helped by the clergyman is midfielder Dejan Ljubicic, who was caught drunkenly hurling beer bottles at a mosque last December.

The 21-year-old said: “Father Christoph gave me the strength to rise up again. I was on the floor after making a huge mistake.

SWEEP SWEEP

make a fucking photoshop of Slab Murphy's pal Neil Lennon tho.............

SWEEP SWEEP

make a fucking photoshop of Slab Murphy's pal Neil Lennon tho.............

seriously get Father Christoph over here instead of Canon Tom White.

Tam has nae Chill

DhsOQHFWsAQRs9-.jpg:large

Last edited:
What a stupid thing to do, there is no god so some papist pervert is not going to help them. And if there was a god, he's a bear

Back