Rare occasions when Rangers players score with a header.

noucamp72

I think I remember Davie Cooper heading the ball about twice in his career.

Once was heading wide of a completely open goal from about 10 yards and the other was a looping header at the scumhut which crept in at the far post.

Jorg Albertz
Jim Bett.

durrant would be another though his assist against leeds was a total surprise.

I think I remember Davie Cooper heading the ball about twice in his career.

Once was heading wide of a completely open goal from about 10 yards and the other was a looping header at the scumhut which crept in at the far post.

Jorg Albertz
Jim Bett.

Big Jorg has also scored a header against the fifth, albeit from about half a yard.

Alex Clelland is the one that immediately springs to mind, though.

I remember Barry Ferguson scoring at the Copland end with a diving header. Against Dunfermline I think

And Neil McCann scored against Falkirk in the cup with a header in his first season with us

I have a very vague recollection of Tommy McLean scoring with a header, can anyone confirm ? Alex Macdonald had one or two (again IIRC). Unusual for the wee men, esp in a team built around big CF's like DJ and Parlane.

Big Dado.
_40547207_pa_prso203.jpg

I’m sure I’m not missing something in the OP, but diving header v the scum. Think it was Hughes hit the bar for them then gazza goes up the other end and score a a belter of a diving header

Two headers won the game for us that day. Gough got the other.

I have a very vague recollection of Tommy McLean scoring with a header, can anyone confirm ? Alex Macdonald had one or two (again IIRC). Unusual for the wee men, esp in a team built around big CF's like DJ and Parlane.

I think you might be right about wee Tam.
Against Fortuna Dusseldorf at Ibrox ?
Not 100% sure myself.

Carlos Pena v Partick Thistle.

Was actually a brilliant header.
Not that I want to reignite that old debate, but some of his movement was absolutley brilliant. A pity about his whole other host of issues! Honourable mention to Danny Wilson for his effort against Aberdeen from close to the edge of the box.

Ian Ferguson against Utd at Tannadice On a wed night massive game , Ferguson was rank rotten that night to , can’t recall him scoring any others with his head ?

Back