Raskin out of the next 2 under 21 Belgium matches.

I'm going to go with optimism here, not playing u21s will mean he has much better recovery time and if he was to get injured, now was the time to do it with the international break upon us.
You are a glass half full kinda guy mate :)

It’s part of most football supporters make-up to be as negative as possible - I always feel a bit ill with a 2 goal lead - so “little calf niggle” becoming “major surgery, possible amputation” is perfectly normal, particularly on here.
To be fair, we have history of “little calf injury” becoming “out for months” so it feeds the fear.

I think a lot of our fitness issues are due to a large number of games last season many with ET (similar issues arose after 92/93) coupled with a poor pre-season fitness regime.
Beale needs a pre-season to reset it - we were by far the fittest team in the league during 20/21 and 21/22.

he would have been required to attend to be assessed by the Belgian medical team and now officially ruled out.

Makes sense after seeing the picture of him on here at the airport
That`s what I`d have thought.

I presume its the same as the seniors where if you claim injury, they have the right to assess you or you miss the next domestic game. I thought he got the knock against Raith.

That`s what I`d have thought.

I presume its the same as the seniors where if you claim injury, they have the right to assess you or you miss the next domestic game. I thought he got the knock against Raith.

it is, remember Lafferty got banned playing for us because he never turned up for Northern Ireland. There is a rule which the nation can enforce that prohibits the player playing for their club.

Sure it fucked us in that Scottish Cup tie against Hearts

A quad injury is real pain heading fast towards the 8th of April and the fact Raskin is still getting up to full match fitness. quad injuries typically require complete rest for a few weeks which will set back his work on fitness levels ahead of 8th April!

I was as concerned as everybody else at one time, I won't stay concerned if things are improving though; are they not improving?

Are they?

Roofe is out for the season.
Lawrence is out for the season.
Is Helander still alive?
No idea what the script is with Matondo?
Souttar was originally supposed to be back to face St Johnstone, I think it was a further month before he appeared.

Are they?

Roofe is out for the season.
Lawrence is out for the season.
Is Helander still alive?
No idea what the script is with Matondo?
Souttar was originally supposed to be back to face St Johnstone, I think it was a further month before he appeared.
Things are getting better. We don't have the injury list anywhere near what was earlier is my point.

We have had similarly hectic schedules previously with no huge issues.

It’s clear to anyone with a functioning set of eyes we weren’t fit enough earlier in the season, we were a yard off the pace, and that’s all on Gio.

When was the last time we played 65 games in a season? Our longest season followed by our shortest preseason.

Look at our 2008 season how many players came close to playing the volume of games the next season ?

When was the last time we had a World Cup in winter ?

When was the last time the CL group stages were completed by 1 November ?

We were fit enough I think us overturning the USG first leg and going over to Eindhoven to win the tie proved that.

It’s funny how we started the season in July but it was only in to September anyone mentioned our fitness. As the only points we had dropped till then was v Hibs when Collum reduced us to 9 men at Easter Road. Folk confuse fitness with injury. Our season started unravelling when we started losing players particularly Goldson.

we weren’t fit is a lazy lazy unsubstantiated lie.

Go back watch our games v Malmo last season then watch us v PSV this tell me what team looked the fitter.

I think a lot of our fitness issues are due to a large number of games last season many with ET (similar issues arose after 92/93) coupled with a poor pre-season fitness regime.
Beale needs a pre-season to reset it - we were by far the fittest team in the league during 20/21 and 21/22.
Most of the players we have with significant injuries this season weren't here last season or they didn't play much last season.

When was the last time we played 65 games in a season? Our longest season followed by our shortest preseason.

Look at our 2008 season how many players came close to playing the volume of games the next season ?

We were fit enough I think us overturning the USG first leg and going over to Eindhoven to win the tie proved that.

It’s funny how we started the season in July but it was only in to September anyone mentioned our fitness. As the only points we had dropped till then was v Hibs when Collum reduced us to 9 men at Easter Road. Folk confuse fitness with injury. Our season started unravelling when we started losing players particularly Goldson.

Go back watch our games v Malmo last season then watch us v PSV this tell me what team looked the fitter.

People love to hit out with the patter about "Gio focused on ball work during pre-season".

They seem to think that means that we didn't do any running at all and we were just having a kick about for 6-8 weeks.

Most of the players we have with significant injuries this season weren't here last season or they didn't play much last season.

Helander, Hagi, Roofe, Morelos, Davis, Goldson, Jack to an extent, 7 that contributed as much as anyone in our 55 title season. All injured either last in to this season or this season. Even Arfield just missed a month or so there through injury.

none of the players we signed had ever experienced a fixture schedule like ours.

Maybe their bodies couldn’t cope, maybe Klopp, Pep, Arteta aren’t lying when they say players are playing too many games and it’s causing injuries.

Anyone that has played football knows you played a tough game on a Saturday, the effects of any niggle or knock were still there if you played 3 days later, keep that cycle going and you end up with all sorts of problems as your body subconsciously tries to protect the initial injury by overcompensating. No player who has never played CL group stage football is saying hear gaffer Ive a wee niggle I’ll sit out Liverpool, Napoli or Ajax. It’s the pinnacle of most of their careers.

Why has once again a Rangers player gone away for international duty when he is injured? Only for it to be announced that they will miss both games because the player is injured

He missed the game on Sat and, if selected, he must report for international duty to be checked by the respective national medical team.

Nothing sinister here

Aye because there's absolutely no reason to be concerned.

Yilmaz pulled a hamstring - typically a 4 week injury. Out for months.

Lawrence - took a knock and is now out until the start of next season.

Roofe is Roofe.

Goldson is the only player I can remember in years who has came back on schedule.
As much as it sounds like he should be fine, you can’t just dismiss posts like this as hysteria and drama.

Who would really be surprised if Raskin was out for 3 or 4 weeks given our track record?

Just seen his Instagram story.

The evidence from weekend was clear and I have said it all season. When we rotate 2 of Jack/Kamara or Lundstram together in midfield we lose so much creativity, play is slowed down and majority of passes are simple, side to side or uneffective.

We really need to go and try sign another Raskin type midfielder in the summer. There is no need to play 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league. It's our weakest area of the pitch.

Keep 1 of Jack or Lundstram, sell Kamara and get players like Raskin to upgrade the midfield and this team would compete for the title no problem. The middle of the park is killing us.
Hopefully Tom Lawrence is that midfielder

Why has once again a Rangers player gone away for international duty when he is injured? Only for it to be announced that they will miss both games because the player is injured
International teams have first call on players. If called up the player must attend. Previously, there existed a situation that a club could notify the players countrys team that they were not fit to play and it was accepted. SAF and other managers destroyed that trust by playing their so called injured players shortly after the International. The rules were then changed enforcing a called up player to report for International duty and were only released by the authority of the countrys medical team.

A think some posters on here genuinely think the medical team have an African witch curse on our players to get injured they don’t make players suddenly get pull up with injuries all they do is rehab and offer opinion and that zone 7 pish is from Ross Wilson

There it is :))
He’s not just out for dinner, he’s literally at a theme park walking miles - there’s no quick way round Disneyland.

It’s a bubble just now, but wait until he’s facing a race to be fit for Celtic when his 2 week lay off becomes 6 weeks. R&R is extremely important when you’re injured. It’s never a good idea to be doing multiple flights and tonnes of walking when trying to recover.

He’s not just out for dinner, he’s literally at a theme park walking miles - there’s no quick way round Disneyland.

It’s a bubble just now, but wait until he’s facing a race to be fit for Celtic when his 2 week lay off becomes 6 weeks. R&R is extremely important when you’re injured. It’s never a good idea to be doing multiple flights and tonnes of walking when trying to recover.

Shut up :))

If you could not see the the fitness issues under Gio along with the remarks made by players around training then your either on the wind up or just done watch us.

The winter World Cup should have seen us come back with a near fully fit squad barring one or two but that wasn’t the case.

I’ll accept that the volume of games played last season was a factor but let’s not lie here and say we were a fit team under Gio

You’re talking absolute shite ya moon man.
That he wasn’t in a different country or that he should be resting? Storming around a forum telling people to shut up and that they’re talking shite isn’t really adding much to the conversation. You engaged me remember, so actually have something to say or piss off.

If you could not see the the fitness issues under Gio along with the remarks made by players around training then your either on the wind up or just done watch us.

The winter World Cup should have seen us come back with a near fully fit squad barring one or two but that wasn’t the case.

I’ll accept that the volume of games played last season was a factor but let’s not lie here and say we were a fit team under Gio

Malmo 2 Rangers 1
Dundee Utd 1 Rangers 0
Rangers 1 Malmo 2
Alashkert 0 Rangers 0
Rangers 0 Lyon 2
Rangers 1 Motherwell 1
Sparta Prague 1 Rangers 0
Rangers 1 Hearts 1
Rangers 2 Aberdeen 2
Brondby 1 Rangers 1
Rangers 1 Hibs 3

we had 13 wins out of 24 games at the start of last season. Was that fit ?

Do you know how long it takes a professional player to get fit and how long it takes for a professional football player to lose his fitness ?

or did you just read someone on here posting it.

Remarks players made, what Arfield saying he preferred Yogi Hughes and Sean Dyche running the players till they dropped. The same Arfield who was out injured within weeks because he couldn’t cope with Beale’s training.

It has been well documented the training was different, it was about getting the players “football fit”, there is a clue there, some folk watch football and just don’t understand it. Any coach in the world will tell you that you make the ball do the work. It’s not about running about like dafties all over the park. When Real Madrid beat celtic at Parkhead they ran on average 1km per player less, that is approx 10% less. So how can that be possible ?

This will trigger a few but Fabio Cardoso when with us said our game wasn’t as technical he was having to run three times as much. It wasn’t about possession it was about running around. He is still playing at Porto who narrowly lost out 1-0 on aggregate to Milan in the last 16 of the CL having topped their group of Athletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Brugge.

There is a reason both us and celtic have never done anything in the CL, it’s not about being fit as in to the uneducated able to run about a lot it’s what you can do with the ball, being football fit.

That he wasn’t in a different country or that he should be resting? Storming around a forum telling people to shut up and that they’re talking shite isn’t really adding much to the conversation. You engaged me remember, so actually have something to say or piss off.

You’re expecting a guy who has a knock not to walk, are you really that daft?

You’re expecting a guy who has a knock not to walk, are you really that daft?
Of course not. But I am expecting him to rest up, especially when the knock was serious enough that he couldn’t even make the bench at the weekend and had to withdraw from international duty.

He’s flown through 3 different countries and will be covering 10’s of miles of walking. Nobodies suggesting he can’t live his life, go for meals or anything like that, but surely you can see that doing lots of flying and going to Disneyland when injured isn’t the smartest move to aid recovery?

Back