Ray Wilkins (legend)

'Young man' :D
A excellent example of how to be a English man
A very good footballer and pundit as well

A "player,of great vision",a gentleman,of which there is little of in today's game! and a scorer of great goals,as demonstrated against the filth!a sadly missed great human being.

Butch made no secret of his love for the Gers. What a career he had that incorporated playing for clubs like Chelsea, Man U, PSG, Rangers QPR....and Hibs! An England international great too.
Top class.

Great player and what a guy.

Didn't actually realise just how well he was loved until I watched a programme on Sky about him after his death.

And who can forget that goal.

World class player and a privilege to see in the flesh - could spray a pass from one end of the pitch to the other and land it on a sixpence.

Still got him in my minds eye in my old season ticket seat in the govan rear, hitting that volley against the scum. Great passer of the ball, wish we got him a few years earlier.

Absolute class player,one of the best to wear the strip.loved to talk about the Rangers after he left.Was at that game with the wonder goal.True gent.

I was in the Broomie Rear as a 10 year old, you could barely see the Copland midway though the 2nd half
The guy who was driving our car wanted to leave early to get down to Cairnryan for the boat. Thankfully we talked him out of it. Got up the 77 a bit and it was as clear as a whistle.

Reactions: BWO
What a player he was!

32rBLzN.jpg

Loved butch Wilkins. My first old firm game was the 5-1 game (as a 10 yo) I got a #5 printed on the back of my shirt as a tribute

Only 19 at the time of the game and remember it well, was one of the games I’ve had dust in my eyes at the end, absolute first class servant to our club despite his lack of years but he got what Rangers are all about.

Back