Re-watched the game v Hearts - Ryan Jack was outstanding

McRod

The team seems to have steadied themselves since the C*ltic defeat and i don`t think we have looked more composed this season.

Ryan Jack was everywhere yesterday from scoring and creating goals to defending and stopping goals.

Very under-rated player and signed on a free.

In fact if you think what Jack and Kamara cost us combined, this is the way forward.

You fishing ? Or too much Pink Gin?
No where near enough goals for a midfielder and I've seen it a few times when he gets the ball and drives his final pass has gone to the centre half. Tidy enough player but no where near top class midfielder arguably only doing a bit better just because bit more freedom as hee haw to play for now but before the league was gone he wasn't showing it enough imo

I really like Jack and he has been our best midfielder this season imo but i do think he is replaceable!

Think i read somewhere Southampton were looking at him?

8-10m for him?

Another excellent performance from a guy who turns up consistently for us. Starting to resemble Kevin Thomson a lot which is great.

Thommo was under appreciated too, I remember some loon balls wanting Edu in the team ahead of him!

The team seems to have steadied themselves since the C*ltic defeat and i don`t think we have looked more composed this season.

Ryan Jack was everywhere yesterday from scoring and creating goals to defending and stopping goals.

In fact if you think what Jack and Kamara cost us combined, this is the way forward.

Jack, Davis, Kamara and Arfield give us great control of the game when we're in possession.

They also make us difficult to play against out of possession, due to the work rate of them all.

No where near enough goals for a midfielder and I've seen it a few times when he gets the ball and drives his final pass has gone to the centre half. Tidy enough player but no where near top class midfielder arguably only doing a bit better just because bit more freedom as hee haw to play for now but before the league was gone he wasn't showing it enough imo

He's a defensive midfielder mate.

How many goals has Fernandinho scored this season?
Can't see Pep replacing him because of his lack of goals.

He's a defensive midfielder mate.

How many goals has Fernandinho scored this season?
Can't see Pep replacing him because of his lack of goals.
I mean fair point, I don't know I just don't rate him tidy enough but just not a league winning centre mid for me

Jack is massively underrated. He does a lot of stuff that people just don't notice when watching a game

Jack’s progression under Gerrard has been massively underlooked imo, was always a relatively tidy player but he looks comfortable in possession anywhere on the pitch now.

He’s also developed his game to be far more useful in an attacking sense.

I beggars belief that some still don't rate him on here. Even Gerrard said he has been one of his most consistent performers.

He doesn't score enough? That's not his game - but he has added some goals this season.

His goal yesterday sums him up does the tackle to set up the chance but this time it is he who finished it.

He's outstanding.

Jack is ok.

He had a good game but he needs to make these performances a regular occurance. Too often this season he has been found wanting in tight games & simply doesn't influence the game enough.

Still think he should be a squad player at best with a quality upgrade bought. In saying that, if he played like yesterday week in and week out then it would be a different matter

Ryan Jack "is"an outstanding player imo,yet to be fully appreciated by some Bears.
Hopefully SG doesn't touch our new found midfield of Jack,Kamara,Davis and Arfield.
I'm thoroughly enjoying them gelling together.

We'll win nothing with him in the middle simply doesn't do it enough ok player but terrible final pass/through ball and no where near enough goals. I'm sorry not for me need better for next season
I agree with this.
His range of passing is far too limited for a Rangers midfield that wants to attack decisively ...incisively.
Don't get me wrong, he still has much to offer and there would be games that he would do an excellent job.
But for me, he is the weakest part of the midfield yesterday, although he did well enough and scored a rare goal, which should be said, he took very well.

Iv never understood the amount of stick Jack gets on here. Hes been one of our most consistent performers since he was signed.
This. He gets it constantly yet I don't remember him ever letting us down. In fact he's given us some of our best moments this season. I get that some people want 4 iniesta's, but please give Jack a break.

Properly astounding me some of the stuff I'm reading about Ryan Jack here like. The bloke's absolutely class, calm on the ball, works it well in tight spaces, combative, strong in the tackle, eye for a pass and has recently even been adding goals to his game.

I don't get how someone can watch one of his performances from the last few months and not be impressed.

It’s quite astonishing the stuff you read on FF day to day. I think the only players in our squad who get an easy pass are Katic and McCrorie - two FF ‘favourites’. Co-incidentally two players who, until recently, have failed to convince the Manager they deserve a place.:oops: For every other player read ‘we need better’ or ‘never good enough to play in a title winning team’ according to the FF footballing gurus. Strange place at times.

Jack, and several others, played very well yesterday.

I maintain the theory that every team who wants to be champions in Scotland need a player who is experienced and knows the league well. Such is the the strange brand of football that is played up here. Ryan Jack is that player for us. 241 appearances in the league. Only surpassed by McGregor and Davis who have only been here this since this season.

It’s no surprise that it is in potential banana skin away games where his influence has been greatest. I remember him running the show at Pittodrie before being ridiculously sent off and his excellent form afterwards before being injured by a horror tackle.

Better player than most give him credit for.

The midfield and team has had a good balance about it over the last three matches but, it's also easier to play with freedom when the pressure is off.

I think we can do better than Jack but he is a good squad player and has the ability to raise his game. He also lacks the consistency to hit that level on a weekly basis, like some of our midfielders in the past have.

I’ve said on here several times that Ryan is underrated and I’m loving him in this advanced role he is playing these days

I really like Jack and he has been our best midfielder this season imo but i do think he is replaceable!

8-10m for him?
Was it not Arfield or was it both.either way keep both of them

8-10m for him?

Think you are thinking of Arfield. In any case, there is absolutely no way we would get anything close to 8-10m for jack.

Back