Re-watched the game v Hearts - Ryan Jack was outstanding

Iv never understood the amount of stick Jack gets on here. Hes been one of our most consistent performers since he was signed.

It’s FF.

You’re 90 minutes away from being the best we’ve had or a total dud.

Every single player’s had mental stick on here this year.

I think Jack is a decent player and good to have in the squad. It’s good to see him starting to add goals to his game. However, I think for us to win the league we’ll need slightly more quality in the middle.

Think you are thinking of Arfield. In any case, there is absolutely no way we would get anything close to 8-10m for jack.

Please stop this!

Please stop it now.

We all know the money English teams pay for players is mental.

The tims are said to have got 7m for Armstrong when he only had one year left on his deal and with Aberdeen turning down 5m for a big dumpling like McKenna i don't think 8-10m is unrealistic for one of our better and most consistent players who the manager has been praising all season.

Reactions: d72
We all know the money English teams pay for players is mental.

The tims are said to have got 7m for Armstrong when he only had one year left on his deal and with Aberdeen turning down 5m for a big dumpling like McKenna i don't think 8-10m is unrealistic for one of our better and most consistent players who the manager has been praising all season.

Armstrong's so much better than Jack it's frightening, and McKenna's way better than that dumpling at Hearts we've been linked with.

Don't compare apples with oranges.

Jack's not worth £8 to £10m. Not now. Not ever. Anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional.

Honestly mate, do you like any Rangers players?
No c unt seems to be good enough for you.
Because I said we need better quality in the middle of the park than Ryan jack I dislike the full squad? I think we do need better in that position and kamara and Arfield will be starters next season, and I don’t rate Goldson that much or candeias so that’s 3.

Armstrong's so much better than Jack it's frightening, and McKenna's way better than that dumpling at Hearts we've been linked with.

Don't compare apples with oranges.

Jack's not worth £8 to £10m. Not now. Not ever. Anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional.

You're delusional if you think Armstrong and Jack are similar type midfielders.

Totally different types of midfielders and if Stevie G likes him that'll do for me.
I think he knows a thing or two about midfield roles but obviously you know better.
I think I'll leave it at that.

He is a very tidy player, he is composed, can keep possession and pretty reliable but when we need to break down teams that are camped in I think he often appears to lack any creative side to his game. However maybe that's not his responsibility and we with Davis, Kamara and Arfield all in there he compliments a system by doing the stuff he does best.

You're delusional if you think Armstrong and Jack are similar type midfielders.

Totally different types of midfielders and if Stevie G likes him that'll do for me.
I think he knows a thing or two about midfield roles but obviously you know better.
I think I'll leave it at that.

They're both midfielders.

Unfortunately one's so much better than the other.

I agree with this.
His range of passing is far too limited for a Rangers midfield that wants to attack decisively ...incisively.
Don't get me wrong, he still has much to offer and there would be games that he would do an excellent job.
But for me, he is the weakest part of the midfield yesterday, although he did well enough and scored a rare goal, which should be said, he took very well.

He's been consistently our best midfielder since he joined the club.

Pink Gin is an old naval drink. Gin and bitters. Nothing effeminate about it. sailor ;)

You’re right, sailor, absolutely nothing :D

387081011_1_640x640.jpg

That's why your posting on here and Stevie G is picking the team.

Stevie's got plenty of things wrong in his short time at Rangers.

Attempting to build his team around players such as Ryan Jack could be the rock on which he perishes.

He also had a hardon for the bombscare that's hopefully heading back to Robin Hood country when he had a better option warming the bench.

Because he's Steven Gerrard does not exempt him from scrutiny or criticism.

Stevie's got plenty of things wrong in his short time at Rangers.

Attempting to build his team around players such as Ryan Jack could be the rock on which he perishes.

He also had a hardon for the bombscare that's hopefully heading back to Robin Hood country when he had a better option warming the bench.

Because he's Steven Gerrard does not exempt him from scrutiny or criticism.

I think he understands midfield. Jack is no superstar but he's our most consistent and capable midfielder-he's took a wee dip this season which I think is partly down to injuries but if people think he's not good enough in amongst what we've got currently then they are watching a different team from me.

Punters constantly want players in and out I tend to trust someone like SG when he consistently picks players as much as Worrall for example is not popular Katic is not in the team for a reason.

Everybody saying Jacks not good enough. Im pretty sure our manager will know a good midfield player and hes raved about Ryan Jack all season. He will be a vital part of us getting 55 next year

I think he understands midfield. Jack is no superstar but he's our most consistent and capable midfielder-he's took a wee dip this season which I think is partly down to injuries but if people think he's not good enough in amongst what we've got currently then they are watching a different team from me.

Punters constantly want players in and out I tend to trust someone like SG when he consistently picks players as much as Worrall for example is not popular Katic is not in the team for a reason.

I like Jack, but he's not good enough. I think he'll struggle to make Gerrard's starting eleven next season

Also, he had to play Worrall because he had a duty to do so as most teams will insist on game time before agreeing to loan a player out.

Again, I think that was a mistake on the manager's part. He signed Katic and should have stood by him.

He's been consistently our best midfielder since he joined the club.
Even if I concurred with that, what does that prove?
In that same period as a club, we have won nothing.
Being consistently average isn't much of a testament for a Rangers player.

He can do lots of things well, but nothing much to the level required to win difficult matches.
He doesn't make quick difficult defence-splitting passes because he lacks the range in his passing.
He rarely scores because he lacks an accurate or explosive shot from distance.
He rarely gets into the box because he doesn't have the intuition to arrive at the right time to blind side a defence.
He doesn't have good technical skills in tight areas.
He rarely drives the team forward because he lacks drive and the skill to accelerate past an opponent.

However, he has mastered the sideways pass, he understands his limitations and doesn't give the ball away too often by usually choosing the safe pass.
He can tackle and get inside an opponent's personal space to disrupt their play.
He has good discipline in positioning and good concentration in his defensive duties.
Although lacking pace, he nonetheless has a very good engine.
He is unselfish and a good team performer and a grafter to boot.
He is a very likeable lad.

In short, he is a squad player.

The midfield yesterday played well with jack being the pick for me. Also think been nmost consistent over the season. Just my opinion.

They're both midfielders.

Unfortunately one's so much better than the other.

They play totally different positions mate.

It's like comparing Goldson and Tav because they're both defenders, yet play in completely different positions.

Jack is a good squad player but has really struggled this year when against teams are sitting in and defending and it requires quality on the ball to open them up whereas games like Saturday suit him perfectly. should be rotated more next season with this in mind.

The 4-3-3 formation did him no favours either tbf

They play totally different positions mate.

It's like comparing Goldson and Tav because they're both defenders, yet play in completely different positions.

Sorry, but it's not.

Armstrong's a far better footballer and midfield player than Jack.

Put it this way, I wish we had him at Rangers right now.

Well they both play the same position.

Would you compare Fernandinho with De Bruyne?

Where are you going with this?

I'm quite clearly stating that in my opinion Armstrong's a far better footballer and midfield player than Ryan Jack.

It's not complicated. Why are you struggling to understand it?

Where are you going with this?

I'm quite clearly stating that in my opinion Armstrong's a far better footballer and midfield player than Ryan Jack.

It's not complicated. Why are you struggling to understand it?

I'm not struggling with anything.

You simply can't compare a dedensive midfielder with an attacking one because it's a totally different position.

If Jack had to play Armstrong's role, then Armstrong would be way more effective.
Equally, if Armstrong had to play in Jack's role he'd struggle.

Remember how shite Armstrong was before Rodgers came because Delia was playing him out of position?

I love Ryan Jack, our best midfielder this season - he rarely has a poor game.

Not sure why there isn't a lot more respect for him on here.

It's all about balance in midfield. You need the right mix.
Ryan Jack is a very decent midfielder. He's not a Barry Ferguson, but few are. He's not a Gazza, even fewer are.

We seem to have a better balance in there with Davis,Jack and Kamara all good footballers and Arfield supporting Defoe.

I'd qualify that by accepting that there's little pressure or weight of expectation on the team at present.

I'm not struggling with anything.

You simply can't compare a dedensive midfielder with an attacking one because it's a totally different position.

If Jack had to play Armstrong's role, then Armstrong would be way more effective.
Equally, if Armstrong had to play in Jack's role he'd struggle.

Remember how shite Armstrong was before Rodgers came because Delia was playing him out of position?

I'll try again.

I'd have Armstrong in my midfield ahead of Jack whether that be left, right, holding or attacking position every day of the week that ends in a Y.

Simply put, he's a much better player. I can't be any clearer.

We'll win nothing with him in the middle simply doesn't do it enough ok player but terrible final pass/through ball and no where near enough goals. I'm sorry not for me need better for next season

He's a defensive midfielder ffs. He does the dirty work, EVERY team needs one

I'll try again.

I'd have Armstrong in my midfield ahead of Jack whether that be left, right, holding or attacking position every day of the week that ends in a Y.

Simply put, he's a much better player. I can't be any clearer.

Well we'll agree to disagree mate.

I doubt Armstrong has ever played DM in his professional career, but I'll leave it there.

We'll win nothing with him in the middle simply doesn't do it enough ok player but terrible final pass/through ball and no where near enough goals. I'm sorry not for me need better for next season
See if he could cut out the 10/ 20 yard easy back pass when its not needed and keep the ball moving forward what a difference he would make, for me that would make him a far better player

John Greig and Jim Baxter were both midfielders but you wouldn't actually compare one with the other, would you?

Are we looking for extremes now to try and point-score?

But since we're here I'll engage you.

John Greig was more a defender than a midfielder. Baxter was simply a genius of a midfield player.

Any more extremes you'd like to throw at me?

If there's anyone on here that wouldn't swap Jack for Armstrong then I'd have to question their footballing knowledge.

Are we looking for extremes now to try and point-score?

But since we're here I'll engage you.

John Greig was more a defender than a midfielder. Baxter was simply a genius of a midfield player.

Any more extremes you'd like to throw at me?

If there's anyone on here that wouldn't swap Jack for Armstrong then I'd have to question their footballing knowledge.

Jim Baxter, genius that he undoubtedly was, relied on the likes of Greig, Davis and Caldow to do the things he couldn't and allow him to do what he did best. It's all about finding the correct balance. Ryan Jack does a good job for the team.

No ' exactly ' about it mate.

Greig was a defender. Baxter a midfielder.

Surely that's not too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

Greig was a midfielder for most of his career. He occasionally played in central defence before reverting to full-back late in his career.

No ' exactly ' about it mate.

Greig was a defender. Baxter a midfielder.

Surely that's not too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

The "defender" John Greig averaged a goal every 6 games throughout his career.

The "midfielder" Jim Baxter averaged a goal every 10 games.

Back