Reach PLC advertising income

Northampton_Loyalist

The ‘internal investigation’ was always only going to be a delaying tactic, hoping to see the Twitter revelations forgotten about.

I think that this coming week we need to pick a prominent advertiser with Reach or the DR and utterly bombard them online, asking why they help to fund the wages of racists, bigots and homophobes.

They are clearly unwilling and/or unable to clean their own house without being forced into it.

Who should the first target be?

The problem with going for the biggest is they are more likely just to look at things from a financial perspective i.e. Do they believe they get a return for their investment. It might be more productive trying to identify whose brand may be harmed by being associated with a racist etc.organisation.

I think bombarding the social media accounts of those that advertise on their platform with the tweets from the DR journos they will likely step back.

For any action to work the damage done by being associated must outway the income they get from the traffic they get from the DR.

I do think that it would be good to have someone like @David Edgar who is media savy steer the efforts of the support and have aa working as one. I appreciate that Davidight not have the time or desire to oversee such an operation but I'm sure we have plenty of people capable who could full such a role.

It's a good shout. Remember, David has said that he has other comments that were sent to him during that week which he would publish when required.

I think it is grossly unfair of us to sit like wee laddies waiting for DE to tell us what to do. We know what to do, we just need to do it.

Pick an advertiser in the DR and spend a few days filling their social media with pictures of the tweets in question. Ask why they contribute to the salaries of the people releasing those tweets and ask them, in public, if they endorse the racist, homophobic, sectarian and ableist views contained within.

A few of these companies might not even know they are advertising in said rag.

It could be that they pay an advertising management firm to place their ads if different places. But just pay a fee and let them deal with it.

So possibly need to find out who the firm are that takes to do with it

It could be that they pay an advertising management firm to place their ads if different places. But just pay a fee and let them deal with it.

That could be right, however, targeting the companies themselves would let them know they were advertising in that rag and have the same effect anyway.

Are Arnold Clark still a major contributor to the DR? If so, they might be a good one to go for, given their expansion into England.

I think it is grossly unfair of us to sit like wee laddies waiting for DE to tell us what to do. We know what to do, we just need to do it.

Pick an advertiser in the DR and spend a few days filling their social media with pictures of the tweets in question. Ask why they contribute to the salaries of the people releasing those tweets and ask them, in public, if they endorse the racist, homophobic, sectarian and ableist views contained within.
This is it.

think we should be looking at their shareholders.

for example - Anne Christie Bulford

Look at the great work she does for charities.

How would she react if you Carbon Copied her and her charities into any relevant twitter posts by her representatives at the Daily Record.

They all do. There are companies out there known as "Media Buyers" who act as the agents for placing advertising for their clients. It's fairly easy to find out who the media buyers are for a company. There are only so many bigger ones out there.

It's a multiple pronged process no doubt. I've seen a few threads recently where people were wondering why nothing has happened regarding DR firings.

I would imagine if things don't happen from Reach, further info will be released.

It wasn’t me who battered the Record - it was all of you.

Pick an advertiser, get their details up here and on social media, go.

I’m still doing a lot of stuff which might not involve a lot of public things but trust me, it’s all making a difference.

Every contribution, no matter if you think it’s small, matters.

Back