Reading sack manager Jose Gomes

mkgers

Mark Hughes the early favourite to replace him. Our very own Graeme Murty is an outsider at 25/1.

You know it'll be another job on the merry-go-round for a tried and failed manager.

1q85zGE.gif

How the fuc.k does Mark Hughes keep getting work?
Has he got the same agent as big Pena?
An absolute prick of a man.

My mate played under him at QPR and Hughes was never popular with the players. Absolutely no man-management skills and tactically inept.

Just being nosy, When was he close to joining Rangers?
No worries mate. 2010. I was talking with him all through the time when we were in for him - desperate for them to get it over the line - but Pompey f.ucked it for him. Gutted.

No worries mate. 2010. I was talking with him all through the time when we were in for him - desperate for them to get it over the line - but Pompey f.ucked it for him. Gutted.

Cheers mate, had completely forgotten about us being linked with him. Shame that we were fûcked over by Portsmouth he seemed like a good player and one that Walter was definitely wanting.

Reading must be due a drop to League One soon, they've been lingering around the bottom end of the Championship for years.

Cheers mate, had completely forgotten about us being linked with him. Shame that we were fûcked over by Portsmouth he seemed like a good player and one that Walter was definitely wanting.
I jumped on a train up to Glasgow and was going to meet him there the following day. The deal with Walter and Rangers was all but done. Half way up I got a call to say Pompey had gone back on the terms and the deal was off. They were taking the piss and Rangers pulled out. Ended up at QPR for the same fee few we had offered and settled on originally! I was sick and so was Tommy. So close.

But whilst at QPR he discovered Mark Hughes was an absolute cock. But as professional as ever, Tommy just got in with it and his his best for the team etc.

Hughes sent the kit man to tell Tommy he was no longer in Hughes' plans and to find another club.

I jumped on a train up to Glasgow and was going to meet him there the following day. The deal with Walter and Rangers was all but done. Half way up I got a call to say Pompey had gone back on the terms and the deal was off. They were taking the piss and Rangers pulled out. Ended up at QPR for the same fee few we had offered and settled on originally! I was sick and so was Tommy. So close.

But whilst at QPR he discovered Mark Hughes was an absolute cock.

Brutal, so close to signing for the famous.

Very strange from Pompey taking the piss like that then accepting an identical offer.

Can’t say I’ve ever liked Mark Hughes and that’s without meeting him, never mind being coached by him!

Brutal, so close to signing for the famous.

Very strange from Pompey taking the piss like that then accepting an identical offer.

Can’t say I’ve ever liked Mark Hughes and that’s without meeting him, never mind being coached by him!
Took me ages to get over it. Probably still not over it now!!

Pompey were trying it on with Rangers to get more money. They assumed we would eventually follow up with a bigger offer, which we didn't. We were simply offering market rate - which turned out to be the case when he moved on.

What chairman or board looks at mark Hughes history and thinks he would make a good manager? You would have to be locked in a box for ten years to think he'd be a good choice. Consistently underachieves and rumours of dressing room unrest - QPR, Stoke - never hard to find. He's just hopeless

Murty getting tipped on H&J on talksport this afternoon. He was a fans favourite as a player.

Murty getting tipped on H&J on talksport this afternoon. He was a fans favourite as a player.
Murty seems to be doing good things for us but if he felt like venturing into a senior management role again (not at Rangers) I'd hope he does well.

As a side not Hawksbee and Jacobs are two of the biggest fannies on the radio.

I live a 20 minute drive from the 24k seater stadium. Not many around here really give a toss about them. They really are irrelevant.

Even in their EPL days they never filled it place, it’s like a morgue at best. They only get a few thousands regulars and the likes of me going there to see the decent opposition when it happens.

You can tell the difference in a stature when a club like Rangers’ results dictate the mood of a city. But this mob? Pointless tbh.

If Hughes gets the job maybe that means the EPL are turning away from foreign hipsters who managed a German academy team.

There will probably be solid managers in league one or two that would be better than a jobber like Hughes

Murty was linked with them when they sacked their last manager not that long ago. Think it was Jaap Stam.

Mark Hughes :D

Some player back in the day, but never a manager in his life.

Mark Hughes the early favourite to replace him. Our very own Graeme Murty is an outsider at 25/1.

You know it'll be another job on the merry-go-round for a tried and failed manager.
It seems like a few of them are finally out of the game at management level. The same managers failing and holding back other managers from getting a chance.

They deserve all they get if the hire Hughes. Another destroy and exit with a healthy pay off on its way.

Back